INDIANA NEEDS AN ITG TOURNEY

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

INDIANA NEEDS AN ITG TOURNEY

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Sun Jul 29, 2007 9:08 am

Ok guys, we have too many dedicabs to not have had any ITG tournaments. There's one in Fort Wayne, Carmel, Fishers, Anderson, Indianapolis, and New Albany. Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head without checking DDRfreak. If there's more in Indiana, say so. Like I've said before, Indiana is sad when it comes to tournaments. Something always goes wrong at Gameworks and DDR-a-thon usually happens once a year. Besides, neither one of these events has an ITG dedicab. We have so many players in Indiana that I KNOW would attend, whether to spectate or participate, not to mention out of towners. Our tournaments could have great turn outs and I know it. So please, anyone interested, let's get started on this. On another note, Fort Wayne and New Albany are probably out of the question. Fort Wayne needs to fix a sensor in an arrow and isn't New Albany kind of distant for everyone?

Players I hope would show up
-Myself (STM!)
-Tony (th34nt0ni0)
-Ron (RON!)
-Brian (Flea)...in question
-Dan (danc1005)...in question
-Chris Platzer...in question
-Craig (Cbav)
-David (Taqa)
-Mike (Allusivegold)...and friends
-Willis
-Casey (CaseyDDR)
-Mike
-Blackcat
-Anderson folks
-Jeff^2 Revolution
-More Indy ppl

....not to mention some out of town ppl.

If I'm forgetting people, then I'd like you to post too. Now, if some of you guys seriously want an ITG tournament, please post. I'll try my best, with some support to get it going. I just want one in our own state instead of always being the out of towner.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:29 pm

Dude I'm game for anything in Indiana. When we went to GOM7, it was so cool to see how close all of the Ohio people were. It would be nice to have an Indiana tourney and have so many indiana people together hanging out, and greeting the out of towners.

I think I might be able to talk to the guys in Anderson to get one started. Mike, the guy from Anderson, is wanting to get one started. I might be heading up there soon to play anyway so I'll see if I can give him a shoutout to get the tourney process get started. But definitely - if anyone has any way they could get the owners of these Dedicabs to start up tournaments it'd be great.

I'm really thinking Pinheads would be a great location for a tourney. Anyone go there regularly?
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

zomg its joorz
Standard
Standard

Post by zomg its joorz » Sun Jul 29, 2007 3:50 pm

UnLiMiTeDmAxX wrote:-Mike (Allusivegold)...and friends
Haha, I guess Coty and I would be part of the 'and friends' thing?

Oh well.

I'd totally be wanting to go to any kind of tournament on a dedicab even though I doubt that I'd win or even come close to winning. :P

How far would it be though? :( I don't know if I'd even be able to go if it was like as far as bloomington just because lack of a car. Neither Coty nor I's father will let us drive with our own car down there because neither of them trust either's car to not break down.

But is there a place with an ITG2 Dedi and any kind of DDR cabinet? I think that'd be pretty sweet too.

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Sun Jul 29, 2007 4:56 pm

only 2 places I know of are Putt Putt in fort wayne and Rascals in Indy. Fort Wayne is a negative cuz the pads arent great and I cant speak for Rascals since I've never played on their DDR machine.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Re: INDIANA NEEDS AN ITG TOURNEY

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Sun Jul 29, 2007 5:48 pm

UnLiMiTeDmAxX wrote:Jeff^2 Revolution
I'm like Vertex now. Freaking A. I really like that.

Anyways, I'd be game not only to have a tourney at Rascal's, but to help put it on. Cbav and I talked for the longest time about hosting one at That Fun Place...before they removed the ITG 2 Dedicab there.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:31 pm

Well tuesday i was gonna go to Ten Buck Tuesday but if ppl can meet up at pinheads on Tuesday I'll go there instead
ImageImage
ImageImage

Flound3r
Standard
Standard

Post by Flound3r » Sun Jul 29, 2007 7:33 pm

Cbav wrote: I'm really thinking Pinheads would be a great location for a tourney. Anyone go there regularly?
OMG no. Pinheads is terrible. The workers couldn't care less about anything, and the pads suck. Hands are out of the question. (Well for me, I weigh 95ish)
d0nt t4lk l1k3 th15 pl0x

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sun Jul 29, 2007 8:46 pm

Flound3r wrote:
Cbav wrote: I'm really thinking Pinheads would be a great location for a tourney. Anyone go there regularly?
OMG no. Pinheads is terrible. The workers couldn't care less about anything, and the pads suck. Hands are out of the question. (Well for me, I weigh 95ish)
It's probably cause you weigh 95...
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:09 pm

SoDeepPolaris wrote:
Flound3r wrote:
It's probably cause you weigh 95...
I agree. haha. I've played on those pads before. They seemed acceptable.
And the workers? WHO CARES.
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:10 pm

Cbav wrote:When we went to GOM7, it was so cool to see how close all of the Ohio people were.
ROFLMFAO...yeah that is rich, while we are at it we can do "Ohio Random Seeding"

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:14 pm

Cbav wrote:I'm really thinking Pinheads would be a great location for a tourney. Anyone go there regularly?
I was planning to go check it out monday around 6:30

Last time I was there the volume was down really low but I asked a worker about it and he was like oh, sorry... and turned it up a lot and gave me a free game :D

So potential locations are:

laserflash in carmel
pinheads in fishers
rascal's on the east side of indy
anderson
groovestats
<3 blackcat

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Sun Jul 29, 2007 10:30 pm

last time i went to laserflash (like a year ago) the pads were excellent, very very responsive
only been to pinheads once, was not that good of an experience. too close to lanes when i went there and not loud enough. pads not nearly as responsive as laserflash
rascals was good when i went there, only played the right side so i dont know how responsive the left is. didnt see too many pad misses or timing errors on other players, i havent played in too long so i cant judge myself.

this is just what i have observed and may very well be different from what it actually is.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Effect.
Standard
Standard

Post by Effect. » Sun Jul 29, 2007 11:49 pm

BigBadOrc wrote:
Cbav wrote:I'm really thinking Pinheads would be a great location for a tourney. Anyone go there regularly?
I was planning to go check it out monday around 6:30

Last time I was there the volume was down really low but I asked a worker about it and he was like oh, sorry... and turned it up a lot and gave me a free game :D

So potential locations are:

laserflash in carmel
pinheads in fishers
rascal's on the east side of indy
anderson
Personally, I think the pads in Laserflash, Rascals, and Anderson are about the same. I do like Rascals though because there is actual room to play and move the pads back from the screen. Never been to pinheads, but apparently, it sucks. Anyways, I, as apparently for most people, am game for any one of those three.

th34nt0ni0
Standard
Standard

Post by th34nt0ni0 » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:54 am

hellz yea we should have tourneys.

then more tourneys so we can add numbers to the end of the tourney name to make it sound cool.

anderson sounds like it would be good, if they did something about the 1p left arrow...

Effect.
Standard
Standard

Post by Effect. » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:04 am

th34nt0ni0 wrote:hellz yea we should have tourneys.

then more tourneys so we can add numbers to the end of the tourney name to make it sound cool.

anderson sounds like it would be good, if they did something about the 1p left arrow...
There is something wrong with the left arrow? I never noticed. lols I might be going up there tomorrow so I can check it out and make sure. But the last time I was up there it seemed to work fine for me.