INDIANA NEEDS AN ITG TOURNEY

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:13 pm

danc1005 wrote:Chris Platzer did the Fort Wayne machine, he's our resident SM/ITG guru. You can contact him on AIM at LANman247 (he's always away but he'll usually answer).
Have him hack it, yes. But have him actually put good songs on it.
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

Effect.
Standard
Standard

Post by Effect. » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:56 pm

Flound3r wrote:
Effect. wrote:downgrading the machine to r21 (its an r23 version).
The guy I emailed with for a while thinks that will screw up the machine. He thinks downgrading is ebil or something.

And YES, if someone haxx0rz the Laser Flash machine, I will be eternally grateful. :D
It shouldn't mess it up. And if it does happen to mess the system up, a quick wipe and fresh install of r21 would fix the problem. And from there, putting songs on the machine shouldn't be that hard. I haven't had first hand experience with the ITG system, but I am pretty sure, between all of us, we can figure it out. lols

Flound3r
Standard
Standard

Post by Flound3r » Wed Aug 01, 2007 5:41 pm

I know I tried to convince him nothing bad would happen, but meh. If someone else wants to give it a go, here's the email address I used.

Edited emails out in fear of spam bots :o

Pinheads doesn't even have an email address but their phone number is 317-773-9988.
Last edited by Flound3r on Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
d0nt t4lk l1k3 th15 pl0x

blackcat
Heavy
Heavy

Post by blackcat » Thu Aug 02, 2007 8:19 am

I've realized that I would be happy at any place that we decided to have a tournament, just as long as there is room. And I mean, this is assuming that a large group of people would actually show.

Effect.
Standard
Standard

Post by Effect. » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:05 pm

Well it turns out you can downgrade, I showed this to Mike, so I am pretty sure it works and we will be fine. And like blackcat said, anywhere its hosted will be fine as long as there is room. I think Anderson would probably be the only place to lack room.

I can has r21

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Thu Aug 02, 2007 3:56 pm

you do it anywhere in september 20th-october 1st and i'll show haha

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:23 pm

UnLiMiTeDmAxX wrote:Orc, since you have the number to Laser Flash (dont know if you've called them yet), you should go with the approach of them hosting Indiana's very first In The Groove tournament. Maybe that'll sway their decision. Spice it up or something!!! :lol:
I went to talk to Peter at laser flash today and he said they've had a 3rd mix ddr tourney before and he'd be fine with doing an ITG tournament. So we just need to pick a date and some rules and then let him know.

Shannon, since it was your idea, maybe you should decide the date and rules?

It would also be cool if we could make flyers for the tournament. I can just stick the date/rules/laserflash logo/itg logo on a page and use that unless anyone has a better idea.
groovestats
<3 blackcat

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:55 pm

BigBadOrc wrote:he said they've had a 3rd mix ddr tourney before
Heh...I actually won that tournament. (Kinda demonstrates just how long ago it was!)

Just make sure you actually come up with a rule set. They ran the 3rd Mix tourney themselves. It wasn't the worst tournament I've ever been to (that dubious "honor" still goes to the tournament at Time Out in Greenwood--ask for my rant about it sometime), but it was fundamentally flawed. They ran a bracket of 12 which resulted in someone getting a free pass out of the semifinals and into the finals without actually playing.

Flound3r
Standard
Standard

Post by Flound3r » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:13 pm

Maybe we should get a list of people who would go to a Laser Flash tourney?

I would, even though I would definitely get last place. (Not even kidding, I can't even ** Birdie or Da Roots X_X)
d0nt t4lk l1k3 th15 pl0x

th34nt0ni0
Standard
Standard

Post by th34nt0ni0 » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:22 pm

i'll go to any [ITG] tourney

elcuebee
Standard
Standard

Post by elcuebee » Mon Aug 06, 2007 4:18 pm

th34nt0ni0 wrote:i'll go to any [ITG] tourney

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:12 pm

BigBadOrc wrote:
UnLiMiTeDmAxX wrote:Orc, since you have the number to Laser Flash (dont know if you've called them yet), you should go with the approach of them hosting Indiana's very first In The Groove tournament. Maybe that'll sway their decision. Spice it up or something!!! :lol:
I went to talk to Peter at laser flash today and he said they've had a 3rd mix ddr tourney before and he'd be fine with doing an ITG tournament. So we just need to pick a date and some rules and then let him know.

Shannon, since it was your idea, maybe you should decide the date and rules?

It would also be cool if we could make flyers for the tournament. I can just stick the date/rules/laserflash logo/itg logo on a page and use that unless anyone has a better idea.
Mike, you're the man. I'll try and come up with everything tmrw.
ImageImage
ImageImage

ITGMS Mike
Standard
Standard

Post by ITGMS Mike » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:05 am

that left arrow at the anderson putt putt seems to go in and out. it works fine now. i dont know what the hell its problem is. but anderson would be a good place. i already talked to the manager, and he said all i had to do is make a flier and pick a day which isnt too busy.

Effect.
Standard
Standard

Post by Effect. » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:56 am

ITGMS Mike wrote:that left arrow at the anderson putt putt seems to go in and out. it works fine now. i dont know what the hell its problem is. but anderson would be a good place. i already talked to the manager, and he said all i had to do is make a flier and pick a day which isnt too busy.

The only problem I can see with that is the possibility of the arrow going or mixed with the fact that the arcade area of it is kinda small and crowded with machines. But then again thats my personal opinion.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:08 am

Yeah we should have two tourneys =]

laser flash first gogogo!

hm i wonder if we should have two divisions like GOM did? like a 9footer and below division and an everything goes division... :shock:
groovestats
<3 blackcat