Twinkle Star Sprites
Super Puzzle Fighter

really lookin forward to these :O

also no capcom vs snk 2 love? what is that

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Thu Aug 09, 2007 5:13 am

Oh, of COURSE we shouldn't bump the topic about a CHARITY event.

Generally speaking, the more people that know a CHARITY event is happening, the more money said charity event will raise. Considering my bump let at least one new person notice the thread, it was worthwhile.

Sorry Jeremy, but seeing as this is the one event most of the older IndyDDR people come back for, and the only reason I even check the forums anymore, also for the forementioned charity purpose, I believe this thread needs to be in plain sight when you view the events page.

I know it's simply a discussion right now, but even people reading a discussion about a charity event will raise awareness of it so people can start planning ahead of time.

And on top of what Sam said, this event has actually happened six times before (remember 3.5?) so a lot of us have a very good idea of what works and what doesn't work when it comes to tournaments. A lot of us have helped run or have ran our own tournaments sometime over the years. If you need help, it's as simple as asking. Someone WILL help you, especially for this event. There's no need to get an attitude.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Thu Aug 09, 2007 7:44 am

sticky get
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:09 am

Perhaps he didn't state it in the best manner, but I will backup Jeremy on this one...

Jim requested some help this year as the DDR-A-Thon has gotten to where it's a bit too much for him to handle all by himself. The current plan is for DAT to return to Great X Scape in Bloomington. As such, Jeremy is serving as a representative of the arcade and is playing an integral role in the planning of this year's event. I am also helping out.

The issue at hand is that this "discussion" had gotten completely out of hand. The entire purpose of the event--a fundraiser for Riley Hospital--had gotten lost in the selfish desires of people demanding different games, events, dates, etc. And frankly, we were tired of it.

A bump for the sake of a bump--with nothing being contributed--isn't very helpful. If you have something you'd like to contribute, please do. However, don't expect a generic bump to magically reveal new details. I believe this is what Jeremy is was getting at. If we appear to be tight-lipped, it is only because we do not yet have anything official to say.

Fortunately, the last page or so of this discussion did turn toward providing some ideas to help bolster the fundraising efforts. I do appreciate the people who have come forward in that vein. We have set as a goal for this year to beat our previous year fundraising totals.

This year's focus is the fundraising. You can expect some changes to the event to help promote and reach this goal. We absolutely want people to have fun, but their participation needs to include the understanding and support of our goal. Ideas to that end are your best way to contribute at this time and will likely garner the most attention and consideration.

DAT1 still stands as our best fundraising effort EVER. We want to shatter it! If we can do that, we will consider the event a resounding success.

We are trying to lock down a date, but as you should remember from last year, that means working with the mall. The process takes some time. We will make sure there will be plenty of lead time between the announcement and the event date so that people will have adequate time to plan. In the meantime, it makes no sense for us to announce a date that is unofficial, unconfirmed, and likely to change.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Fri Aug 17, 2007 10:52 am

Slight update, since we noticed that people are planning an ITG tourney in October, and some were concerned about it getting in the way with DDR-A-THON 6, we figured we would at least let you know that we are planning DAT6 for early November, still no confirmed date, just letting yall know.

Gallonigher
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Gallonigher » Thu Aug 23, 2007 4:17 pm

Thanks LG

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Aug 23, 2007 8:43 pm

lgolem wrote:Slight update, since we noticed that people are planning an ITG tourney in October, and some were concerned about it getting in the way with DDR-A-THON 6, we figured we would at least let you know that we are planning DAT6 for early November, still no confirmed date, just letting yall know.
How about the 22nd?

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:21 pm

If at all possible i would like to get some Riley buckets sent to me. I have gotten the ok from the boss at PP to put them near both registers. I tried this last year but i got them to late and i got a fraction of what i could have gotten if i had more time. I belive Jim still has my cell phone number and home adress. Or you could just PM me to get them.
Warning incoming game!

th34nt0ni0
Standard
Standard

Post by th34nt0ni0 » Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:27 am

hey mark!

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Mon Aug 27, 2007 7:22 pm

Wazup! I know my post are far and between now but i have been part of DDR-a-thons from the begining and when i heard about the return for DAT I jacked my bros new laptop to make sure i keep up to date on what was going on. Also if any help is needed with runing some tourney namely variety or tech i will definetly lend my services if needed.
Warning incoming game!

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Sat Sep 22, 2007 8:28 pm

So! About that DDR-A-Thon 6, any updates? Nothing has happened in the last month, the last I heard is that GXS is having troubles securing the center of the mall due to finances. Perhaps we'll to get a new venue?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Just wondering, it's about that time of the year and nothing had been confirmed.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:16 pm

Merk wrote:So! About that DDR-A-Thon 6, any updates? Nothing has happened in the last month, the last I heard is that GXS is having troubles securing the center of the mall due to finances. Perhaps we'll to get a new venue?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Just wondering, it's about that time of the year and nothing had been confirmed.
Merk seriously, WTF, I told you in person last time it was not due to finances. I told you it was cause we were working a deal with the insurance company, we have the insurance paid for, we are going to have it. Things will get rolling soon we are going to reguest for the space tomorrow...don't say it was cause of finnaces cause I NEVER EVER said that. That is what I thought enitially, but Daniel told me he had to work with his insurance company and he has...give it time.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Sep 24, 2007 2:59 pm

Hey naw, I'm just saying what I heard from the grapevine.

But that's great that everything's settled. I was worried that I'd have to travel beyond Bloomington to get to DAT6. Perhaps there'll be a date soon, yes?

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:56 pm

Daniel is filling out an event form tomorrow.

BigBadOrc
Standard
Standard

Post by BigBadOrc » Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:49 am

lgolem wrote:Daniel is filling out an event form tomorrow.
k we'll um.. wait for um.. tomorrow then :wink:
groovestats
<3 blackcat