NX-Scape Pump Tourney / June 9th

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:36 pm

Gallonigher wrote:
Merk wrote:So uh, are you guys going to have DDR at this event too?
I'll be over playing DDR, and I'm up for a 1-on-1.
http://www.indyddr.com/forums/viewtopic ... &start=285 that belongs there ^_^....just a friendly reminder.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:40 pm

No it is called NX-Scape and it is a TMS event....no DDR
I see, well shit. So only Pump will be on free play?

I'm just saying, you'll get a lot more people if you bring DDR to the scene as well. If I remember correctly, the first Pump-only event GXS held pretty much flopped with less than 10 people showing up. I could be wrong about that (I was there when the tournament was about halfway done, saw that no one was there, and left) but the fact remains a lot more people will come if you have DDR at least on free play.

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:42 pm

Merk wrote:

I'm just saying, you'll get a lot more people if you bring DDR to the scene as well. If I remember correctly, the first Pump-only event GXS held pretty much flopped with less than 10 people showing up. I could be wrong about that (I was there when the tournament was about halfway done, saw that no one was there, and left) but the fact remains a lot more people will come if you have DDR at least on free play.
I think you're wrong. The first Pump tournament had about 20 something people total. People had either left after losing or were wandering about the mall for food.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:58 pm

Jason Dread wrote:
Merk wrote:

I think you're wrong. The first Pump tournament had about 20 something people total. People had either left after losing or were wandering about the mall for food.
malictus wrote: 21 people entered the event overall, with 8 entering freestyle and 19 entering technical (plus me!). 6 people also attended the mini - mods tournament that happened on Friday night.
^_^ I like being technical. Merk the event is not all for charity...we are contributing to the charity to save money on renting the space out, this is just a Pump it Up Tournament....it is one of the tournaments we need to have in order to get sponsorship from AM. AND DDR makes money at the arcade and Pump sits all by itself so this way Pump can get played like it should be. I don't mean to sound like a total smart ass here but if you are having a problem with it being a PiU only event...here is a link to a DDR only event. Go see if they are will to drag Pump out and put it on freeplay for us. ^_^ Thanks

JP_Sasuke17
Standard
Standard

Post by JP_Sasuke17 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:02 pm

Gawd, I've only gotten to play PIU once and it was fun, though I sucked, I should so enter this just to have a reason to come for the free-play.
Anyone have an estimate on how long it would take to walk from Game Works to the tournament location? ---> I am actually serious here, I have no car :-(
I just love the way Dancing on Arrows make me feel, especially when I pass out from this song....

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:04 pm

JP_Sasuke17 wrote:Gawd, I've only gotten to play PIU once and it was fun, though I sucked, I should so enter this just to have a reason to come for the free-play.
Anyone have an estimate on how long it would take to walk from Game Works to the tournament location? ---> I am actually serious here, I have no car :-(
it is about an hour drive south of Indy....so you are looking at a VERY long walk.

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:17 pm

Jesus Christ, I don't have a problem with a Pump only event. I'm just saying more people will come if you have DDR on free play and in the middle of the mall too. If you're boners about making money then you'll probably make more if DDR was at the event. I mean, no one's going to pay $8 to lose to Jason Dread in a tournament and then pay a dollar for each game of DDR.

I'm trying to help you out, you have the resources to make the event more open to people who are turned off by Pump and I'm saying you should use them.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:22 pm

But you aren't understanding Merk...DDR makes money on its own in the arcade...Pump does not...the purpose of this event is not to gain money it is ALL going to the players or to Simon Youth Foundation. This the cost effective way of having a TMS event....we need to have more to get sponsorship from AM. This was the only way we could even host a Pump Tourney and it hasn't even started and I am getting some form of drama already. Daniel has agreed to a Pump only Tournament...so that is what this even is going to be...and we may have a DDR Tourney later who knows. Tournaments are about getting together and trying your hardest and having fun and socializing, not to see who can S Chimera CZ or who can AAA Max 300 super fuck me mix, or they should be anyways.

Simply put Merk: Every DDR Tournament (Except DAT but that is all for Riley it is not about the competition) I have seen is only a DDR machine, every Pump Tournament I only see a Pump machine...just be patient a DDR tourney will soon come near your area, and while you are competing I will be at the arcade paying $1 per game for the game I perfer rather than asking for it to be on freeplay.

JP_Sasuke17
Standard
Standard

Post by JP_Sasuke17 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:45 pm

lgolem wrote:
JP_Sasuke17 wrote:Gawd, I've only gotten to play PIU once and it was fun, though I sucked, I should so enter this just to have a reason to come for the free-play.
it is about an hour drive south of Indy....so you are looking at a VERY long walk.
AWESOME!!!!!!!! I could use the exercise after a Winter of Unholy amounts of home made cheese cake -yum- :D

......if only I knew people well enough to get a ride, darn I hate catching on to stuff late lol
I just love the way Dancing on Arrows make me feel, especially when I pass out from this song....

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:06 pm

You're right I was mistaken. This is pretty much a TMS circle-jerk, I thought it was a tournament. But hey, I'm a part of the team too and I would be honored if Jason Dread would be my pivot man.

But really you still haven't answered why you can't have both PIU and DDR at the event on free play. It's my understanding that you think you'll be losing money if DDR goes on free play? Like I said I just don't understand why exactly they both can't be featured in the event. I guess I would try to convince my boss to run things differently.

In regards to getting AM sponsorship, why can't you just make up shit about events to Andamiro? TMS has a privately owned machine in Flakk's basement, I suppose you could just get a bunch of people pictured around the machine and say you had an event if they need proof.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:10 pm

Merk wrote:But really you still haven't answered why you can't have both PIU and DDR at the event on free play.
Yeah I did
lgolem like 2 posts up wrote: Daniel has agreed to a Pump only Tournament...so that is what this event is going to be....
AND we don't have that much space (since he said infront of Dick's) and the mall has agreed to ONE dance machine tourney not 2
Flakk in aim convo wrote:: also, it's a lot easier to get AM sponsorship when they do not see their competitor in the background.
Yet another reason why, AND I am the one who is running the whole thing...and I don't know shit about DDR so I am hosting a PiU Tourney...there will be a DDR tourney later

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Apr 27, 2007 11:31 pm

So. Did I get the job at GXS?

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:44 am

He's not saying to have a tourney on DDR, he's just saying that having the machine on free play for people who join the PUMP tourney will cause it to have a much bigger turnout. Jesus christ.

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Sat Apr 28, 2007 9:53 am

lgolem wrote:
Downtown Indy to Bloomington = about 70 miles.

Average walking speed of an adult human = 3 mph

That's a 23-hour, 20 minute trip. You need to get ready almost a day in advance, if you want restroom breaks...then again you could get creative and somehow keep walking.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:54 am

dance1005 wrote:He's not saying to have a tourney on DDR, he's just saying that having the machine on free play for people who join the PUMP tourney will cause it to have a much bigger turnout. Jesus christ.
I know and I am saying it is a PUMP tournament...not freeplay at the arcade. :roll: And I am saying that we only have room and permission for one machine to be out there...so it is not going to happen.