GOM6 Saturday - Jan 13th

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

GOM6 Saturday - Jan 13th

Post by Cbav » Fri Jan 05, 2007 9:42 pm

I know this is a little late notice, but the annual Ohio "GOM" tournament is coming up. I wasn't sure to post this here or in Meet & Greet.

Is anyone going? I'd like to go and just hang out, not compete. If anyone's going I'd like to hitch a ride if possible, I'm still a fairly new driver so I obviously wouldn't be allowed to drive to Ohio.
Edit: I just Google-Earth'd the trip from Greenfield to the GOM Arcade in Huber Heights Ohio... 1hr 30min drive. Not bad at all. I had no idea I was so close.

All the information can be found here: Ohio DDR page like what!
Java from Oddr.net wrote: GOM6 updated rules:

GOM6 DDR EXTREME/ITG 2 Tournament will be held Saturday January 13th at GOM Arcade in Huber Heights ohio.

DDR FREAK LOCATION
http://www.ddrfreak.com/locations/locat ... onID=19405

Doors open at 9am.
Registration will run from 9:30 am until 11:30 am

****Late Registration**** THIS APPLIES TO BOTH DDR AND ITG!
I am not gonna wait around for people you have until 11:30 to get there. To make this a concrete rule for “late entrance” (11:30-12) you must pay $5. I am tired of people showing up later every tournament. Get there on time, or don’t expect to enter.***
If you have an EXTREME situation you need to let me know.

PRICES:

DDR: $12.00
ITG: $12.00
Both: 20.00
Freeplay: $5 (if you are entering this comes with it.

OVERALL RULES:
Common sense-
No Alcohol or Drugs of any kind are to be brought into the Arcade/Skatepark. Police will be monitoring the parking lot frequently all day. The skatepark reserves the right to search you and anything you bring it if under suspicion (local authorities support this).

No disrespecting staff members.
This goes for tournament coordinators and skatepark staff members.

Rulings can be challenged but please do so respectfully if either tournament runner says the case is closed, it is over.

Please use common sense with your actions. I have no problem with you guys partying AFTER the tournament but save it until after and away from the skatepark.

The smoking law WILL be in effect and enforced then, 40 feet from any entrance…you can smoke out in the parking lot.

ITG 2 R16 DEDICAB…EDIT TOURNAMENT

****If you enter, qualify and then don't like your ranking and ask for a refund you will only recieve 50% of your fee back.

Also if you botch the quailifier (and if I think you are, then you are) and attempt to sandbag you will automatically be bumped and entered into the loser bracket, if you want out because of bump you will recieve 50% of your entry back.****

The qualifier will be an utopia edit

I have written edits for the tournament and will provide sheets with edit information on them to entrants.

UPPER DIVISION (EXPERT) Upper division will be the top 16 from the qualifier.

During the Tournament: Up to 09 for 1st Round*
Up to 11 for 2nd Round till Quarter Finals*
Anything goes for Quarter Finals, Semi Finals & Finals

2/3 Song victory
Song pick. You may only pick an edit once.
Higher seed will have choice of pad or song.

***PADS MUST BE SWITCHED BETWEEN SONGS***
if the above rule is followed between participants I will not argue over pad errors that could change the outcome of the match. I will recalculate pad errors if need be as EXCELLENTS, not fantastics.

LOWER DIVISION (HARD)

Up to 08 for 1st Round*
Up to 9 or 2nd Round till Quarter Finals*
Anything goes for Quarter Finals, Semi Finals & Finals
*(Note that if both competitors want to increase the difficulty of a song that exceeds what you are allowed to perform at certain times of the Tournament that is acceptable.) NOTE THIS WILL NOT APPLY TO ANYTHING ABOVE A 10 NO PRESSURING YOUR OPPONENT!

DDR EXTREME

2/3 Victory
All songs will be played on shuffle
Solo must be agreed on by both players
Card draw system 5 cards drawn 2 thrown out (one by each player) remaining 3 songs are played.
Will be 2 divisions if we have attendance

Tie breaker will be a randomly pulled song on the card draw program.

P*2+G+OK’s*2=SCORE
Can get ahold of me @spookyxcraig

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Sat Jan 06, 2007 10:47 am

GOM is horrible
Team KIMO represent!

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Sat Jan 06, 2007 5:38 pm

Really? My mom seemed interested in letting me go, considering it's a straight drive.

I'm more interested in watching for my first tourney. As well as meeting other players. And to get a picture of myself and Adam Styles. haha

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:55 pm

Cbav wrote:Really? My mom seemed interested in letting me go, considering it's a straight drive.

I'm more interested in watching for my first tourney. As well as meeting other players. And to get a picture of myself and Adam Styles. haha
Is that why you have the same avatar as him...lol? If you were messaging me for a ride I cant give you one cuz it's out of the way for me.
Dyme wrote:GOM is horrible
dude, you're seriously smokin something...GOM is the shit. I try to go everytime they have a tourney.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:08 pm

UnLiMiTeDmAxX wrote:
Cbav wrote:Really? My mom seemed interested in letting me go, considering it's a straight drive.

Is that why you have the same avatar as him...lol? If you were messaging me for a ride I cant give you one cuz it's out of the way for me.
Avatar: Not really. I just thought it was a random avvy. Considering i randomly came across it.

I found out I won't be able to make it to GOM. I have a band performance. Because of this, I'm quitting band.

BTW: Shannon -Mainly I was asking you for a ride because I wouldn't have anyone to hang out with. :( lol

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Fri Jan 12, 2007 5:55 pm

Yea man, even if I couldve given you a ride, all the seats in my car are taken. Maybe GOM7!!
ImageImage
ImageImage

Cbav
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Cbav » Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:11 pm

UnLiMiTeDmAxX wrote:Yea man, even if I couldve given you a ride, all the seats in my car are taken. Maybe GOM7!!
Shotgun.