World Record Idea: VENUE SECURED!

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Wed Jan 17, 2007 6:19 pm

MonMotha wrote:Just so you know, even DDR event mode drops you back to the title screen. Event mode on DDR disables failing entirely (though you'll still get an E if your life bar drops off the bottom, you will be allowed to continue for all your songs), disables extra stages, puts the machine on free play, and removes the entire attract sequence, taking you straight back to the title screen after a set ends. While in event mode, you can also reset the machine back to the title screen at any time by pressing all three buttons (select left, start, and select right) at the same time. All timers are also disabled in event mode. The number of songs in a set is still determined by the songs/credit setting in the operator menu.

Pump It Up event mode is one song, stage break off, free play, go straight back to the title screen when done, no menu timers, though the grade screen still only stays up for a few seconds, much to the dismay of many tournament runners.

If I had to guess, ITG's event mode probably works more like DDR CS event mode, being based on Stepmania, as this is how event mode in Stepmania works. However, Roxor may have decided to modify this behavior to emulate DDR event mode.
Ah, okay. I wasn't sure on that one. I'm just wanting to find a way around the strenuous "1 Player, Single" option. I'm sure I could speed through it early, but I don't want to get all tired and forget the 30 second rule.
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Thu Jan 18, 2007 12:33 pm

Hey, I'd be happy to be volunteer to be a witness for the event! I'm obviously old enough, it's just that 'good community standing' part that might be questionable :wink:

PM me with details when you get them, since I only check this site about once a week or so right now otherwise....

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:07 pm

honestly, I would play on event mode. And DONT PUSH YOURSELF to play heavy songs. Some nice standard ones to start and as the time rolls along switch to easy light songs. It get's VERY hard to play after 6 hours (I used to do marathons to raise money for my arcade machine.). Don't overdue it. Remember that a guy failed out early on in his run when he and another guy was giong to do it together for the world record because they picked a hard song and he couldn't do it. Slow and steady wins the race.

If you have it in Louisville if things fall through up there I'll see if my mom can come out as well to do check ups for you also.

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Mon Jan 22, 2007 1:53 am

I'm 20, but I'll cheer you on...unless, of course, this doesn't happen until after November 10th...then I can witness! ^_^

Best of luck to you!

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:48 am

Did this world record attempt ever happen?
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.