Blazin' the Floor 5 (12-19-06) Louisville, KY.

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

onULego
Light
Light

Blazin' the Floor 5 (12-19-06) Louisville, KY.

Post by onULego » Mon Nov 13, 2006 2:14 am

Address: 4121 Shelbyville Rd. Louisville, Kentucky
Phone Number: 502.895.3462 (If you are going to be late, call and ask for Jesse or Uno.)
Date: December 19th, 2006
Pricing: More than likely, but no more than, $12.
Divisions: Heavy and Standard (standard will be held if there's 8 or more interested players). Brackets will be random seeding.
Start Time: Practice at Registration at 1pm, Tournament starts at 2pm
Elimination Style Tournament (Heavy will be double, standard will be single)
Money Distribution: (Again, to be determined, but more than likely will be...)
1st: 30%
2nd: 20%
3rd: 10%

Scoring & Song information
-(P x 2) + Greats + (O.K. x 2) - Miss
-If players cannot decided on pad side or song choice during a match we will use a coin flip/Paper, Rock, Scissors/Pick a fucking number/etc. Note that I do not put faith in my own coin flipping skills, so I expect to lose lots of coins in this endeavor (should I opt for that route).
-Players will play a 2-3 song set with the winning player being awarded a point/win. The first player to reach 2 points/wins advances to the next round. (Normal Speak: Best two out of three)
-A set consists of a song picked by each player, plus a random for the third, should it be necessary.
-In the event of a tie, neither player is awarded a point.
-Little, Freeze Arrow off, and turn mods are illegal.
-Solo is allowed if both players agree
-Any other mod is fair game.
-Bar has stated that any use of it is consensual, and no rape shall be declared. (or in normal speak, Bar is legal.)
-You can opt to forfeit during the match, just be aware that you will be a dropping a point and blah blah blah blah....
-Song can only be picked once during the tournament. Any songs used for the mercy are exempt and have the potential to be used again. (see below)

-Pad misses and dropped freezes (Mercy Rule):
Before this tournament, the pad will be adjusted and fixed to the best of our abilities. However, as we all know, pad stuff happens. Therefore, for this situation, I'm going to try something new. Before the tournament, each player will be required to fill out an index card. On it, list three songs of your choice. They can be your best songs, worst songs, random songs, etc. Your pick. During the tournament, if a match result is in question due to pad misses and/or dropped freezes, the original winning player can either opt to let the pad errors stand and go to the next song, or allow a mercy.

A mercy, which can only be permitted by the winning player, will render the song a tie. No points will be awarded and the match will go to the next song. The mercy will come into play on the random/3rd song. Rather than go to a random, a song will be chosen from the original winning player's index card to be played. This song will count as a point, and a set can be won like this.

A mercy CAN ONLY be allowed if pad errors honestly effected the outcome of a match. In other words, don't bother asking for a mercy because your opponent AAA'd a song and you got a great. Moreso, each player in the losing position (i.e. hit with pad misses, ng's, etc.) can only depend on this twice during the entire tournament, so as not to allow abuse of it. This idea will be addressed in better detail on the day of the tournament.

In the event that this idea backfires early on, pad misses will stand and be counted as misses. Even then, it's still in the air on whether or not this will be used.

Basic Ground Rules:
1. Be respectful. Don't be a dick/bitch/asshole to anyone just because you can. This goes for everyone, be it tournament participants, spectators, or visitors.
2. If you have any problems, ask me and I'll do what I can to help. If you choose the more abrasive route of blowing up at me instead, you will be DQ'ed and thrown out. :)
3. Yes, I am aware of how bad the date is. I had no control in regards to that. Sorry in advance. :(
4. Taking a bit of experience from the last tournament, I'd like to make this announcement. I'm not one for drama. I'm especially not for it getting drug into my tournament. Whether you're a participant or spectator, do not bring any drama or stupidity with you. The very second I see this going down, there will be no warnings, YOU WILL BE TOLD TO LEAVE. If you paid money, you won't get a refund. I will not pick sides on this. You start trouble, you're gone. Come hell or high water, this tournament will run as smoothly as possible.
5. Have Fun :)
Last edited by onULego on Thu Dec 07, 2006 2:17 am, edited 2 times in total.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Nov 13, 2006 6:28 pm

I might be in town for this.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon Nov 13, 2006 8:31 pm

Any side tournaments for people who aren't top-tier at DDR?

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Mon Nov 13, 2006 11:06 pm

wtf at merk's sig
Team KIMO represent!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Nov 14, 2006 12:33 pm

I like it. Too bad Riot had to be a copy cat to get ATTN!

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:53 pm

UMMM WTF EVERYBODY COPIES EVERYTHING I DO BECAUSE LIEK APPRNTLY I AM LIEK THE GOSPEL ACCORIDNG TO RIOT ND JUST BECAUSE I DO A FUNNY THING LIKE FART IN CHAD'S COVERS AND TAPE IT DOWN TO KEEP A GIANT FART BUBBLE CONTAINED IN HIS BED FOR WHEN HE COMES HOME TONIGHT DOESNT MEAN I'M LIKE JESUS OR SOMETHING BUT I MEAN ITS OKAY IF MERK WANTS TO PUT MY SWEET NEW GIF THING IN HIS SIG CUZ HES MY FRIEND AND FOR GODS SAKE LIEK EVERYONE ON INDYDDR HAS MY AVATAR AND USERBAR THING CUZ EVERYTHING I DO IS TRENDY SO I GUESS ITS OKAY IF PEOPLE COPY THE GIF INTO THEIR SIG BUT IT SHOULDB E KNOWN THAT UNLIEK WHAT U JUST SAID CHAD I HAD IT FIRST AND I AM THE BEGINNING AND THE END, ALPHA OMEGA, AND OMICRON PHI BETA KAPPA PI PIPI PIPIXI SO ALL IN ALL I GUESS IM JUST SAYUIN DONT SAY LIES AND DEFINTLYU DONT KILL HUMANS

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue Nov 14, 2006 7:49 pm

Riot wrote:UMMM WTF EVERYBODY COPIES EVERYTHING I DO BECAUSE LIEK APPRNTLY I AM LIEK THE GOSPEL ACCORIDNG TO RIOT ND JUST BECAUSE I DO A FUNNY THING LIKE FART IN CHAD'S COVERS AND TAPE IT DOWN TO KEEP A GIANT FART BUBBLE CONTAINED IN HIS BED FOR WHEN HE COMES HOME TONIGHT DOESNT MEAN I'M LIKE JESUS OR SOMETHING BUT I MEAN ITS OKAY IF MERK WANTS TO PUT MY SWEET NEW GIF THING IN HIS SIG CUZ HES MY FRIEND AND FOR GODS SAKE LIEK EVERYONE ON INDYDDR HAS MY AVATAR AND USERBAR THING CUZ EVERYTHING I DO IS TRENDY SO I GUESS ITS OKAY IF PEOPLE COPY THE GIF INTO THEIR SIG BUT IT SHOULDB E KNOWN THAT UNLIEK WHAT U JUST SAID CHAD I HAD IT FIRST AND I AM THE BEGINNING AND THE END, ALPHA OMEGA, AND OMICRON PHI BETA KAPPA PI PIPI PIPIXI SO ALL IN ALL I GUESS IM JUST SAYUIN DONT SAY LIES AND DEFINTLYU DONT KILL HUMANS
And so said Riot the Prophet, on this XIVth day of November, 2006 A.R. (Anno Riotti)

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Tue Nov 14, 2006 9:11 pm

posting in epic thread

with epic gif in sig
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy