Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

Titan2781
Light
Light

Elkhart Tournament UPDATED

Post by Titan2781 » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:21 pm

UPDATED!!!!

Time-Out arcade in the Concord Mall in Elkhart County will be hosting a DDR Tournament on september 30th at 1:00PM this is on DDR Extreme. (The Concord Mall is located off U.S. 33 right off U.S.20 The physical address is 3701 S. Main Street for anyone that needs to know)

The cost is $5 dollars in advance and $7 dollars the day of the tournament. The prize will be a % of the 'pot' (how many ppl sign up) so the more ppl that sign up, the more there will be to win! More then likely it will be 35% for 1st 22 for 2nd and 10 for 3rd BUT THAT IS JUST A ROUGH GUESS. It could be more or less, again, depending on the turn out.

It will be run on heavy mode unless we have enough ppl sign up to make a 'standard' and/or 'light' mode brackets. there will not be a 'beginner' bracket (lol) if we have enough ppl come we might have a double tourny also... it COMPLETELY depends on the turn out we have.

I am thinking about a freestyle competition but i have to study up on how to judge a freestyle comp.

I hope I covered everything, if not....

The phone number for the arcade is 574 875 1707: if any other questions ask for Donnie (that's me) (keith thinks he knows everything but I am the one running the tournament not him)

or feel free to ask me questions here in this forum

!!!!!!!!!! UPDATE 8-30 !!!!!!!!!

WE HAVE TOUCHED UP OUR MACHINE A LOT! NEW SENSORS, CLEANED OUT THE SPEAKERS, CHANGED THE LIGHTS AND WE HAVE HAD THE BACK BARS WELDED!!! THEY DON'T WIGGLE ANYMORE!!!

Also we are looking for sponsership possiblities. We aren't sure what we can get but we are looking for some awesome prizes for the winners. Granted i t won't be a bazillion dollars, I'm sure a gift certificate or a new stereo or a psp (whatever we can get our hands on) is a whole HELL of a lot better than tokens... I will keep posting updates as I know more.
Last edited by Titan2781 on Wed Aug 30, 2006 12:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sun Aug 27, 2006 5:24 pm

are drugs allowed on the premises and if not please list reason(s) why not.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Math
Standard
Standard

Post by Math » Thu Aug 31, 2006 4:43 pm

I shall be there. Anybody else?

BeastieBoys4Life
Standard
Standard

Post by BeastieBoys4Life » Thu Aug 31, 2006 8:37 pm

Oh, shi- I know I'll be there...I'm so happy at they fixed the bars I might play more often now...because yeah paying for 5 tokens is way to much maybe I can fill out a doubles score sheet now. But thanks for fixing the pads..they needed it

elliottsmithfan5: im being the AAA machine that i am..lol
Str8outa574: oh, yea, that gets the ladies.
Str8outa574: lemme tell ya.
Str8outa574: ive had like 50 girls ask me
Str8outa574: "whose that big burly stud on the DDR machine gettin flags and AAA's?"
Str8outa574: I'm like "that's big nick... big in more ways than one"
elliottsmithfan5: lmao!
elliottsmithfan5: are you for real?
Str8outa574: no, but, i see em lookin..
elliottsmithfan5: damn you
Str8outa574: Gotcha bitch!

150 AAA's and counting more

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 1:32 pm

I'm gonna try to see what I can do to be there so I can meet all the Mishawaka/South Bend people. Willis, you coming?

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Sat Sep 02, 2006 3:07 pm

i'll probably be there
Team KIMO represent!

Titan2781
Light
Light

Post by Titan2781 » Sat Sep 02, 2006 4:48 pm

To be honest I am glad we fixed it too. We knew we needed it done but the bosses wouldn't do it. Once I became assistant manager I was like 'time to take charge, dammit'. I had to bug the new manager a few times. It pushed him over the top when I told him ddrfreaks.com has a 'rank this machine' and he's like 'what do you think our machine is.. I guessed maybe 6 or 7 he was not happy about that. Lmao that and when I decided to make this tourney 'big' and advertise it all over the internet he didn't want the big time players coming and saying, 'This place sucks', he knows mega play is trying to suck in more money with 1.25 a game. That's insane!!!! When ddr first came out it in this mall it was 1.00, extreme is outdated by supernova and they want to over-charge... Pssh....

Btw... Obviously... I will be there... And for the prizes we might be getting, I wish I could compete... I won't say more til things are more confirmed on that situation though

BeastieBoys4Life
Standard
Standard

Post by BeastieBoys4Life » Tue Sep 05, 2006 8:21 pm

Well I work at Mega Play and yeah I think it to much to play there also..I got them to make the machine have 4 stages then 3..but yeah really I can't wait..I'll prolly lose or something because I dunno I'm cool like that but o well. And thanxs again for fixing the pads!

Str8outa574: "whose that big burly stud on the DDR machine gettin flags and AAA's?"

DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
Standard
Standard

Post by DiscoBobbyPARANOiA » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:24 pm

I'm assuming the OP is Donnie (SP).

This is Coty, who you know, and I'm really glad that the bars are fixed, and I now have a place to go other than MP, but I have one concern.

Every time (since the incident with joe form indy) the bar has been not allowed furing the tournaments. I would like to request that the bar is there for people to use as they see fit, and that you let us do so.

I'll still play if the bar isn't allow, it's just I naturally grab it sometimes, and if I'm thinking 'OH SHI- don't grab da bar!' I'll most likely do alot worse than normal due to not concentrating as much.

Again, thanks for fixing the bar. I'm so happy now.

Titan2781
Light
Light

Post by Titan2781 » Wed Sep 06, 2006 11:58 pm

Regardless of the tourney with joe, if that never happened I still would frown on using the bar as an aid on a regular basis. Its like a crutch to a lot of ppl and you have to admit that if someone can do maxx 300 without the bar they are a lot better than someone hanging on the bar cuz they have more balence, speed and endurence not to need some kind of support. Also I feel that if you can play ITG with or without the bar, DDR seems like a childrens game and I can't imagine someone that can play ITG on doubles would need the bar much at all on singles playing ddr.

Mike made a valid point the other day about bar usage to me. A lot of ppl have developed an over-dependancy on the bar and its just a habit to latch on. I will research how other tournaments handle bar usage (I heard of a tournament that they had 2 ppl with stop watches to time how much time a person used the bar to factor that into the results of who won the song), but for now I would highly discourage it as much as possible, unless its something insane like any maxx/paranoia270/290

Math
Standard
Standard

Post by Math » Thu Sep 07, 2006 5:20 pm

BeastieBoys4Life wrote:Well I work at Mega Play and yeah I think it to much to play there also..I got them to make the machine have 4 stages then 3..but yeah really I can't wait..I'll prolly lose or something because I dunno I'm cool like that but o well. And thanxs again for fixing the pads!
any chance the Kokomo kids are coming?

BeastieBoys4Life
Standard
Standard

Post by BeastieBoys4Life » Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:36 pm

Titan2781 wrote:Regardless of the tourney with joe, if that never happened I still would frown on using the bar as an aid on a regular basis. Its like a crutch to a lot of ppl and you have to admit that if someone can do maxx 300 without the bar they are a lot better than someone hanging on the bar cuz they have more balence, speed and endurence not to need some kind of support. Also I feel that if you can play ITG with or without the bar, DDR seems like a childrens game and I can't imagine someone that can play ITG on doubles would need the bar much at all on singles playing ddr.

Mike made a valid point the other day about bar usage to me. A lot of ppl have developed an over-dependancy on the bar and its just a habit to latch on. I will research how other tournaments handle bar usage (I heard of a tournament that they had 2 ppl with stop watches to time how much time a person used the bar to factor that into the results of who won the song), but for now I would highly discourage it as much as possible, unless its something insane like any maxx/paranoia270/290
I understand where you are coming from but with me when Mega Play had ITG I couldn't help but play with the bar..yeah I know I could play with out the bar but with me thats how I only did good on ITG. Also with ITG its like I used high speed mods like 4x on songs that are 140 which made 2x on DDR like I was playing bag on 1x (yeah i still can play songs on 2x) but now I have to use high speed mods so I have to use the bar. If its going to be a no bar tourny I might just not join...but thats just me.

Also at the Mega Play tournys it was you can do whatever cept solo you had to ask the person if they wanted solo on but whatever

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Fri Sep 08, 2006 8:41 am

thinking that some1 is better because they dont use the bar is completely screwed up or maybe u just are. who knows
Team KIMO represent!

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Fri Sep 08, 2006 9:21 am

i'm considering showing up, but only because so far I don't know anyone who's going, and I havn't played on an Extreme machine in good condition in about a year.

FYI: This doesn't mean expect me to be a pushover, i've still been playing ITG around once a week, so my PA hasn't gone completely to hell.

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Fri Sep 08, 2006 10:22 am

I've always let people use the bar at all the tournaments I've run. But if you want to make a rule about people not using the bar, that's fine --- as long as people understand the rules in advance. I think it has to be a cut and dried issue though --- either allow the bar or don't. When you start getting into gray areas like 'minor bar use allowed only' or something there's a lot of room for arguing and disagreeing.