Megaplay Tournaments

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

Math
Standard
Standard

Post by Math » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:57 pm

The X wrote: And I'm Soooooooo sure this makes you better than him, right?

Try leading by example and grow some maturity yourself. In other words: LET IT GO!
Here's the thing. He came into a thread for a tournament he has no intention of joining, that he doesn't live close to, and started talking shit. Please point to the spot where this makes sense? Cause I don't see it.
And now he's gotten his friends to do the same?!
I never once said I was better than him nor do I feel like I am. The fact is he obviously thinks he IS better than everyone else. And this is where the problem lies.

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Tue Jul 04, 2006 3:33 pm

XxJennaxX wrote:And Casey has already told you, Mishawaka isn't even as important as KokomoDDR, and they have to play in a basement now. Thats how low you are, why would he want to go 3+ hours to play things like that?
The only reason Casey would make a trip out to Mishawaka/Megaplay would be to freestyle with me. Which won't happen any time soon, either. :lol:

It would be a... Secret Rendezvous thing. =P

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:19 pm

Math wrote:
The X wrote: And I'm Soooooooo sure this makes you better than him, right?

Try leading by example and grow some maturity yourself. In other words: LET IT GO!
Here's the thing. He came into a thread for a tournament he has no intention of joining, that he doesn't live close to, and started talking shit. Please point to the spot where this makes sense? Cause I don't see it.
And now he's gotten his friends to do the same?!
I never once said I was better than him nor do I feel like I am. The fact is he obviously thinks he IS better than everyone else. And this is where the problem lies.
No. HERE'S the thing.

True, he came in, basicaly with no intention of sticking with the topic, but that doesn't mean YOU have to respond to it. Rather than just typing out a bunch of insulting crap, you could've just not said anything at all and just let him talk his crap while you just ignore it and stay on topic. If you absolutley feel the need to state your case, we have PMs where the situation could've been resolved without everyone else getting into it.

You can say whatever you want, but the fact remains, when you fall for flamebait, you're no better. That, and you ruin the forums for everyone because shit gets locked all the time without anyone getting the chance to speak their mind on topic just because you had to defend your ego, meaning, YOU'RE the one in the wrong.

So just IGNORE what he says and LET IT GO and your e-net experience will be more enjoyable. And this goes for EVERYONE, not just you.
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

Math
Standard
Standard

Post by Math » Tue Jul 04, 2006 5:08 pm

The X wrote:

No. HERE'S the thing.

True, he came in, basicaly with no intention of sticking with the topic, but that doesn't mean YOU have to respond to it. Rather than just typing out a bunch of insulting crap, you could've just not said anything at all and just let him talk his crap while you just ignore it and stay on topic. If you absolutley feel the need to state your case, we have PMs where the situation could've been resolved without everyone else getting into it.

You can say whatever you want, but the fact remains, when you fall for flamebait, you're no better. That, and you ruin the forums for everyone because shit gets locked all the time without anyone getting the chance to speak their mind on topic just because you had to defend your ego, meaning, YOU'RE the one in the wrong.

So just IGNORE what he says and LET IT GO and your e-net experience will be more enjoyable. And this goes for EVERYONE, not just you.
Okay. I'll admit you have a point and that I probably shouldn't have responded to what he said. I'm big enough to admit when I'm in the wrong. Thanks for having a level head about it.
Last edited by Math on Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Post by XeroCi » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:55 pm

thanks for stating we're pretty low, Casey :P
DDRKokomo took a step to boycott the Raceway for something they did. And compared to the Raceway's crappy pads, Afterburners with a 1200 song Stepmania with ITG2 code setup is INFINITLY better. Casey can agree with how bad the Raceway pads are.

Why are we having arguements about who is better? Is it really that big of a deal? Prove it in a tournament, not using e-penises. I do believe that Casey going to Mishawaka would be a waste of his time. He's insane.
And I managed to catch some of his Rascal ITG2 scores. 99 point something on Soapy Bubble, it's pretty nice. I managed to take the habanera high score.

I thought the Mishawaka pads were good, but then again, after playing on Afterburners, all arcade pads suck to me now.
Owner/Operator/Leader of DDRKokomo. Assistant Leader of DDRKokomo: Arrow Stompers.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Tue Jul 04, 2006 7:26 pm

XeroCi wrote:Why are we having arguements about who is better?
Because you and others are incapable of not arguing, apparently. :P

I was REALLY hoping this would go away on its own, but I can see that that's not going to happen. So what the hell, might as well have some fun with it! I propose a compromise:

Let's play Casey-libs!

Name the following:
- an insulting term of address (x4)
- an unflattering adjective
- a name of a better player who has wisely avoided the thread (x3)
- a pointless activity
- something you can do consistently, or at least something no one with a life will take the time to disprove
- an uncharitable synonym for "post screenshots"
- a DDR accomplishment
- an insult that didn't fit anywhere else
- DDR locale
- speculative time in the past
- po-dunk town in the middle of nowhere
- closing flame

Ready?

LOL ___ (insulting term of address 1), I've been ___ (a pointless activity). Considering I can ___ (something you can do "consistently") on an every try basis means ___ (insult that didn't fit anywhere else). THEY ARE EASY. You ___ (uncharitable synonym for "post screenshots") because you can ___ (DDR accomplishment), GJ ___ (insulting term of address 2). You're just another random ___ (insulting term of address 1) who was upset that they could never be as good as me or ___ (name of wiser player 1). You and your ___ (insulting term of address 3) squad up in ___ (DDR locale) bugged us NONSTOP with your ___ (unflattering adjective) scores always looking for approval from us. So keep it up, you'll always come second to players like me, ___ (name of wiser player 2) and ___ (name of wiser player 3).

As for ___ (DDR locale), I was playing there probably ___ (speculative time), considering I lived in ___ (po-dunk town) over 3 years ago ___ (insulting term of address 4).

___ (closing flame)

---

Now, XeroCi (and all others), you can continue your argument with Casey offline - the template I've provided should give you HOURS of fun, and it's just like being flamed by the real thing!

As to Casey, weren't you going to start a dedicated thread for these kinds of flames? Or are you too (trashy insult)? I guess you just don't have the (e-genitalia commentary) to post somewhere you can't try to hold a thread hostage. If I were Ho, I would have lost my patience and banned you long ago, but as it is, one more round of this and I'M going to create the (insert obscenity) flame thread for you. (closing rant about people)

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Tue Jul 04, 2006 8:27 pm

Arka, you have too much time on your hands. =P

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Post by XeroCi » Wed Jul 05, 2006 12:23 am

um.. I'm not argueing with Casey.
On the contrary.
I'm on his side more or less, if you read my post correctly.
Casey is really, really cool if he isn't insulting you personally.

Learn to deal with his flaming and such. I'm sure he gets enjoyment out of watching people get upset over what he says. Seriously, If I did that kind of stuff, I'd enjoy watching people get upset over it too. But I don't enjoy flaming people all too much.

You spent too much time on that "casey-lib" and it's just going to make him laugh. Heck, it made me laugh. Seriously. You spent waaaay to much time on that thing.
Owner/Operator/Leader of DDRKokomo. Assistant Leader of DDRKokomo: Arrow Stompers.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:41 am

Way too much time? Like... 10-15 minutes? I'd hate to hear what you think of the 4 hours I just spent on Guitar Hero. :shock:

Anyway, it's SUPPOSED to make all of you laugh; that's the point. Laughter is the enemy of long, drawn-out bickering about whether Kokomo does or doesn't suck, whether Mishawaka does or doesn't suck, etc. And frankly, after trudging through so much seriousness in this thread, I needed to laugh, too.

Thanks for letting me know it amused you, though. It's always nice to hear that someone outside my head appreciated (or even understood) the joke. 8)

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:58 am

Arka wrote:Casey-lib and funny post
GRADE A!
Two thumbs up!
5/5
10/10

-Dan

***WILLIS***
Standard
Standard

Post by ***WILLIS*** » Wed Jul 05, 2006 7:41 am

There is no way casey can prove how good he is unless he plays us. Stating that kokomo ddr is better, haha, lets just not go there, or like what hapened to them, lets just not make it to the 2nd round. As for the insults, if Casey can insult people, hey why the fuck can't I? I have just as many rights as him. If you don't like me responding, why don't you grow some balls and take it up with him. It is quite obvious that he is the root of all problems on this website.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:17 am

Willis, if casey is allowed to insult people, that in no way means you can. Casey has been a respected (atleast off the internet) member of this community for years and your retarded self just walked in like a month ago. your lucky you have room to atleast speak, let alone insult people and btw, you have no rights that casey does. just for making that statement. gtfo. Oh and btw, saying that casey is the root of all the problems on this site, (what problems?) is the most ignorant and stupid comment ive ever heard. I know you feel bad and all that your parents named you willis, but you don't need to come on here and try to make illogical statements just because you don't agree with someone. YOU KNOW WHAT MISTER, YOUR THE ROOT OF ALL THE PROBLEMS ON THE WHOLE WIDE IINTERWEB.

edit: o yes, and actually thinking for a second, ive realized if there were to be any problems with posting, it would probably come from ho because he can't stop being offtopic and making rude comments towards new members. its really started to piss me off
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Wed Jul 05, 2006 8:34 am

***WILLIS*** wrote:There is no way casey can prove how good he is unless he plays us. Stating that kokomo ddr is better, haha, lets just not go there, or like what hapened to them, lets just not make it to the 2nd round.
Exactly, so why should you even care in the first place? Drop it, already!
***WILLIS*** wrote:As for the insults, if Casey can insult people, hey why the fuck can't I? I have just as many rights as him. If you don't like me responding, why don't you grow some balls and take it up with him. It is quite obvious that he is the root of all problems on this website.
Yeah, Casey insults people, and sometimes he pisses ME off, too. But I figured out it's useless to fight back. Know why?

Becausse:

1. Get a clue, brainiac. HE DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT!!!!!!

2. It ruins the forums and it gets Ho and the admin in a hissy fit. You want the forums shut down.....AGAIN?

3. I'm no better of I do fight back.

As for him being the "root" of the problems, uh, WRONG AGAIN! The ROOT of the problems is all the arguing in general. As in, when someone flames you, the best thing is to just LET IT GO!!!!!!!!!

With that being said, stop with your feeble attempt to be a "hero" and take the smart road out, meaning, once again:

LET. IT. GO!
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:19 am

Last warning:

Move on...egos off.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Wed Jul 05, 2006 9:21 am

this thread needs more kittens
and for those insisting on arguing:
A DOY A DOY A DOY A DOY A DOY!
insert code compile execute return