Megaplay Tournaments

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:33 pm

Fabulous. =)

You guys are definitely giving me more incentive to go to meet new people. 22nd it is! *writes it down on calendar*

BeastieBoys4Life
Standard
Standard

Post by BeastieBoys4Life » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:30 am

Just wait on the 22nd Mayene hope you dont get me first round XD I won't play nice -.^

elliottsmithfan5: im being the AAA machine that i am..lol
Str8outa574: oh, yea, that gets the ladies.
Str8outa574: lemme tell ya.
Str8outa574: ive had like 50 girls ask me
Str8outa574: "whose that big burly stud on the DDR machine gettin flags and AAA's?"
Str8outa574: I'm like "that's big nick... big in more ways than one"
elliottsmithfan5: lmao!
elliottsmithfan5: are you for real?
Str8outa574: no, but, i see em lookin..
elliottsmithfan5: damn you
Str8outa574: Gotcha bitch!

150 AAA's and counting more

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Sat Jul 15, 2006 1:47 am

BeastieBoys4Life wrote:Just wait on the 22nd Mayene hope you dont get me first round XD I won't play nice -.^
I'd do a personal coin flip if I was with you and whoever wins picks the speed mod: 1x or 3x. I OWN YOU!

I'll play dirty. You just watch, if I ever get you on any round. =P

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sat Jul 15, 2006 2:32 am

MonMotha wrote:They have pump? Cabinet style and version? I may show up on the 22nd just to socalize and play pump...
Now, now, the gattchoon's the only socal resident who'll be there, and even she is sort of an ex-resident anyway.

The one on the 22nd is the last one they're holding, right? I'll be there if I'm up in the northern half of the state that weekend. And then you can all finally see that I'm a real human being, not a cyberstalker!*

Some restrictions apply, offer may not be valid in all states. ARKA Corporation bears no responsibility if Arka in fact turns out not to be a real human being; it depends on whether we can hire a sufficiently weird actress to play the role. And as to the cyberstalker thing... look over there, a three-headed monkey!

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Sat Jul 15, 2006 3:07 am

Arka wrote: Now, now, the gattchoon's the only socal resident who'll be there, and even she is sort of an ex-resident anyway.

The one on the 22nd is the last one they're holding, right?
Socal? NorCal!!

Otherwise my old school DDR Freak shirt would not say "NorCal DDR Crew" on the front of it, and my other old school DDR Freak shirt would not say "NorCal DDR" on the back of it, either. Ex-resident? I still have a [valid?] California ID... have yet to get an Indiana one since I have been here for about a year. ^^;

As for the 22nd, that is the last DDR tournament at MegaPlay (for the summer, I guess); and after that is the sponsored ITG tourney on August 14th.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sat Jul 15, 2006 6:40 am

the gattchoon wrote: Socal? NorCal!!
Um, oops? Sorry about that. I'm not sure why I keep thinking SoCal. I know I've made the mistake at least once before on this board...

I stand by my ex-resident comment, though. Once you're in Indiana for college, you're contaminated. :lol:

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:42 am

MonMotha wrote:They have pump? Cabinet style and version? I may show up on the 22nd just to socalize and play pump...
I believe it is the DX cabinet we saw sell at auction earlier this year...the one from Muncie...with a replacement monitor. Remember?

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:19 pm

im gonna be at the tourney next weekend for sure. so yall better be ready to see Dyme
Team KIMO represent!

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:30 am

Ho wrote:
I believe it is the DX cabinet we saw sell at auction earlier this year...the one from Muncie...with a replacement monitor. Remember?
Yup, I do. Can anybody confirm that this is a Pump DX cabinet (REALLY big monitor, or at least originally would have been) running Perfect Collection? Any word on pad condition? I'm not really interested in playing DDR or ITG, but if there's a working Pump machine I may show up just to have a good time.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:37 am

MonMotha wrote:
Ho wrote:
Yup, I do. Can anybody confirm that this is a Pump DX cabinet (REALLY big monitor, or at least originally would have been) running Perfect Collection? Any word on pad condition? I'm not really interested in playing DDR or ITG, but if there's a working Pump machine I may show up just to have a good time.
I'm not sure what a "cabinet" is, but we do have a PIU machine that reads "DX" at the top and does have a new flat screen Sony screen, and it does run Perfect Collection.

Pads are ok, you have to step a little hard (which is tough on me), but I can still S songs and do well on them.

BeastieBoys4Life
Standard
Standard

Post by BeastieBoys4Life » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:50 am

You forgot to add " I can still S songs and own Nick at pump" lol

elliottsmithfan5: im being the AAA machine that i am..lol
Str8outa574: oh, yea, that gets the ladies.
Str8outa574: lemme tell ya.
Str8outa574: ive had like 50 girls ask me
Str8outa574: "whose that big burly stud on the DDR machine gettin flags and AAA's?"
Str8outa574: I'm like "that's big nick... big in more ways than one"
elliottsmithfan5: lmao!
elliottsmithfan5: are you for real?
Str8outa574: no, but, i see em lookin..
elliottsmithfan5: damn you
Str8outa574: Gotcha bitch!

150 AAA's and counting more

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:52 am

BeastieBoys4Life wrote:You forgot to add " I can still S songs and own Nick at pump" lol
Everyone owns you on Pump.

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Post by XeroCi » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:36 pm

I'm looking forward to playing Perfect Collection on the 22nd after the tourney.

The machines will be on free play again, right?
Owner/Operator/Leader of DDRKokomo. Assistant Leader of DDRKokomo: Arrow Stompers.

***WILLIS***
Standard
Standard

Post by ***WILLIS*** » Sun Jul 16, 2006 9:33 pm

I'll be in Illinois for an ITG tournament, sorry guys

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:48 pm

***WILLIS*** wrote:I'll be in Illinois for an ITG tournament, sorry guys
Phwee! One less good player gives me more chance to pass my first round... unless I go against Coty again my first round. ;_;

*knocks on wood*

^^;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;