Elkhart Tournament, July 1st @ Time out in the Concord Mall

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

Math
Standard
Standard

Elkhart Tournament, July 1st @ Time out in the Concord Mall

Post by Math » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:30 am

I just found out today that there will be a tournament in Elkhart. Here's all the info I could gather about it:
Cost to sign up is $2 in advance, $4 day of.
All songs are chosen by random
It's going to be double elimination
Starts at noon.

Time Out
Concord Mall
3701 S. Main
Elkhart, IN 46517
(574) 875-1707

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:41 am

No freestyle? ;_;

I'm sad. It's only 30 minutes away... and how freestyle could bribe me to come so...

Math
Standard
Standard

Post by Math » Thu Jun 22, 2006 1:17 am

the gattchoon wrote:No freestyle? ;_;

I'm sad. It's only 30 minutes away... and how freestyle could bribe me to come so...
I'd like to see a freestyle tournament around here, even though I don't freestyle. It'd be enjoyable to watch.
Weren't you talking a while back of possibly putting together a freestyle tourny at Megaplay?
Do you know if there is going to be freestyle at the one this friday?

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:47 am

A Saturday? Hmm...

:!:

I can't make a promise just yet, but I'm interested. I just know that I've gone out of town something like 3 out of the last 4 weekends and plan to go to the tournament in Louisville this Saturday.

I'd like to go, but I don't know if I'll be missed on the homefront from being gone so much. I'll certainly give it some thought though.

PS - And yes, freestyle would be a major motivator. ;)

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Thu Jun 22, 2006 5:41 pm

Math wrote:
the gattchoon wrote:No freestyle? ;_;

I'd like to see a freestyle tournament around here, even though I don't freestyle. It'd be enjoyable to watch.
Weren't you talking a while back of possibly putting together a freestyle tourny at Megaplay?
Do you know if there is going to be freestyle at the one this friday?
No freestyle. The tourney at Megaplay this Friday (6/23) is really small... I think my friend holding it said it would be pretty pathetic, but there are some pretty good people that play here, just I don't know if they're joining.

However, I know while the tourney is on DDR, the ITG and PIU machines at Megaplay will be on freeplay during the tourney... sooooo.... BRIBES!!!! =P

***WILLIS***
Standard
Standard

Post by ***WILLIS*** » Thu Jun 22, 2006 9:43 pm

guys, dont go, the pads fucking suck, very badly.......fair warning

DiscoBobbyPARANOiA
Standard
Standard

Post by DiscoBobbyPARANOiA » Sat Jun 24, 2006 12:55 am

You can at least be nice about it.

The pads are not very responsive, and the bars... move. (forwards and backwards) It's very annoying, but I'm used to it from playing a couple of sets, and I get maybe 1 pad miss for every three song set. It's worth going to if you are into the whole tournament thing, there'll hopefully be some more people there (that weren't at the Megaplay tournament, which had a horrible turnout.) I think I'm going to go to maybe see some old friends (used to play there alot), and meet some new ones if anyone decides to travel to elkhart for this.

If you plan on going, please post it as I would like to get an idea on how many out-of-towners are going to be there. Thanks in advance.

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Sat Jun 24, 2006 1:46 am

DiscoBobbyPARANOiA wrote:You can at least be nice about it.

The pads are not very responsive, and the bars... move. (forwards and backwards) It's very annoying, but I'm used to it from playing a couple of sets, and I get maybe 1 pad miss for every three song set. It's worth going to if you are into the whole tournament thing, there'll hopefully be some more people there (that weren't at the Megaplay tournament, which had a horrible turnout.) I think I'm going to go to maybe see some old friends (used to play there alot), and meet some new ones if anyone decides to travel to elkhart for this.

If you plan on going, please post it as I would like to get an idea on how many out-of-towners are going to be there. Thanks in advance.
I might go, depending on how I feel about the pads; I'm checking them out tomorrow.

Math
Standard
Standard

Post by Math » Fri Jun 30, 2006 1:50 pm

the gattchoon wrote: I might go, depending on how I feel about the pads; I'm checking them out tomorrow.
Did you get a chance to check out the machine?
I've signed up for the tournament, which will be my first. So, if anybody else goes, I'll be the tall skinny guy with a mohawk.

I'll also probably sign up for one of the mishawaka tournaments or at least make it out to watch.

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Fri Jun 30, 2006 2:25 pm

Math wrote:
the gattchoon wrote: I might go, depending on how I feel about the pads; I'm checking them out tomorrow.
Did you get a chance to check out the machine?
I've signed up for the tournament, which will be my first. So, if anybody else goes, I'll be the tall skinny guy with a mohawk.

I'll also probably sign up for one of the mishawaka tournaments or at least make it out to watch.
No, I actually didn't get to check them out. I can't make it to the tournament because I'm not feeling too well, and I'm not for playing DDR with lower back pains. I'm kind of tired, so I've been sleeping for most of my days. ^^;;

I'll check them out another non-tournament time. =)

Math
Standard
Standard

Post by Math » Sat Jul 01, 2006 4:20 pm

Well, Coty won this tournament as well. Good show. I took 3rd and Dan placed 2nd, I don't know if he posts on here or not.