Megaplay Tournament 6/23 (sorry, late notice)

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Megaplay Tournament 6/23 (sorry, late notice)

Post by the gattchoon » Sat Jun 17, 2006 6:55 pm

Hey, (I don't know if limpbizket or anyone else from Megaplay has posted info on this), but I just got information today that there will be a DDR Tournament at Megaplay Family Entertainment Center on June 23 (next Friday) from 12-4pm (about).

According to the paper I got:

- Advanced sign up at the Mega Play Golf Counter
- Entrance $1.00 per person
- Prizes to be determined by the number of participants in each skill level
- Levels are Light, Standard, and Heavy

Other than that, I don't know anything else. Please come, if any of you can. I know Mishawaka isn't the ideal spot for many of you, but I just thought I'd spread the word since I doubt many people will hear about this (late notice).

MEGAPLAY FAMILY ENTERTAINMENT CENTER
2500 Miracle Ln
Mishawaka, IN 46545
(219) 254-0100

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Sat Jun 17, 2006 10:22 pm

Nothing personal, but I'd probably spend more on gas heading there and back than I'd get even if I won the tournament (not likely since I haven't played much DDR in a while).

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:51 pm

I know, that's why I said Mishawaka wasn't really the greatest spot ever, for most of the members of IndyDDR... just wanted to let others know... and since I haven't met any people here, I was just hoping it would serve double as a get together, too. Not big, but just for fun.

I know not TOO many people will show, but I don't mind meeting new people. =)

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:05 am

Hmm...that'd only be like 1 - 1 1/2 hours away from the Fort, wouldn't it?

-Dan

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Sun Jun 18, 2006 10:28 am

Gah! I am once again thwarted by work. Whatever happened to tournaments on Saturdays? :( Heck, even Friday night would be more of a possibility for me.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:06 pm

I'm in the same boat as Ho. If it weren't for the fact that I have to work, I deffinately wouldn't mind going to this. Even if I didn't compete, it would still be fun to meet some new people.

Of course, if it had been on Saturday that weekend I still wouldn't be able to go, as I'm already planning on going to the Pump tourny down in Louisville that day. Ah well, perhaps I'll make it up there some other time...
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Sun Jun 18, 2006 1:59 pm

dance1005 wrote:Hmm...that'd only be like 1 - 1 1/2 hours away from the Fort, wouldn't it?

-Dan
About... 2 hours at most, I think.

I know, I thought it would be a Saturday... but oh well. I'm not the one in charge/running it. =(

Math
Standard
Standard

Post by Math » Sun Jun 18, 2006 3:45 pm

I may show up for this. I work a 3rd shift job, so getting up that early is going to be rough, but staying up that late is out of the question. Even if I don't partake I'll show up to watch.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Sun Jun 18, 2006 8:50 pm

Math wrote:I may show up for this. I work a 3rd shift job, so getting up that early is going to be rough, but staying up that late is out of the question. Even if I don't partake I'll show up to watch.

AIEEEE MATH.... I thought I was through with you.
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.

Math
Standard
Standard

Post by Math » Tue Jun 20, 2006 1:56 am

Green Tea wrote:
Math wrote:I may show up for this. I work a 3rd shift job, so getting up that early is going to be rough, but staying up that late is out of the question. Even if I don't partake I'll show up to watch.

Yes, Ironicaly math was one of my least favorite subjects, even though my name has the word math in it. My full name is Mathue btw, but I shorten it to either Math or Mat. All my math teachers seemed to lov my name, which may have helped me pass a class or two.

p.s. I like green tea. It's what I drink (besides water)

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Tue Jun 20, 2006 6:55 pm

Math wrote:
Green Tea wrote:

Yes, Ironicaly math was one of my least favorite subjects, even though my name has the word math in it. My full name is Mathue btw, but I shorten it to either Math or Mat. All my math teachers seemed to lov my name, which may have helped me pass a class or two.

p.s. I like green tea. It's what I drink (besides water)
I once had this plum green tea, and I loved it... but I can't find it anymore. ;_;

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Post by XeroCi » Fri Jun 23, 2006 5:07 pm

Sorry that we couldn't stay the whole time.. Who won?
BTW I was pretty happy with that SDG I got. Wasn't good enough to win the round for me.

I lost to the person I lost to in 2005 :P Ironic. It was alot of fun. I'll be back in July. Hope everyone who was there comes back to the next one too.

btw gattchoon you're really good at doubles. The slight freestyling to it made it look amazing. And I heard you talked to Jess for a little while. :P I would of played better if I wasn't sick.
Owner/Operator/Leader of DDRKokomo. Assistant Leader of DDRKokomo: Arrow Stompers.

the gattchoon
Standard
Standard

Post by the gattchoon » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:04 pm

XeroCi wrote:Sorry that we couldn't stay the whole time.. Who won?
BTW I was pretty happy with that SDG I got. Wasn't good enough to win the round for me.

I lost to the person I lost to in 2005 :P Ironic. It was alot of fun. I'll be back in July. Hope everyone who was there comes back to the next one too.

btw gattchoon you're really good at doubles. The slight freestyling to it made it look amazing. And I heard you talked to Jess for a little while. :P I would of played better if I wasn't sick.
Coty placed 1st, Derek 2nd, and Nick 3rd. Of course, I was eliminated by the winner... IWU&#(@&#. LOL. I'm glad I played him though, it was a good game. =)

I'm glad you had fun, please come again. I like meeting new people, especially since I'm new to Indiana. I thought you guys would have stayed longer since you guys drove a long ways, it would have been nice if you guys stayed.

Thanks. I've always been more of a freestyler than scorer. But anyway, I like meeting new girls who play DDR. I'd like to play more against them after they've had more practice. I can't say much myself, since I don't know more than half the songs on that Extreme+ machine, but I'm glad they're getting into heavy.

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Post by XeroCi » Fri Jun 23, 2006 11:53 pm

The freestyling is probably a more worthwhile skill.
It wasn't my fault we left early. Our driver just said we were leaving after the tournament. I wanted to stay and play PIU for a while.but aw well.
Owner/Operator/Leader of DDRKokomo. Assistant Leader of DDRKokomo: Arrow Stompers.

Math
Standard
Standard

Post by Math » Sat Jun 24, 2006 2:39 am

I tried to catch some of the tournament, but I didn't get out there until 3 and by then it was too late. I'll be sure to make it out to one of the next ones since they're at a later time, which is much more convenient for me.