Kokomo Tournament Dec 11

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Post by XeroCi » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:26 am

Hey, at least we are getting some positive remarks about this one. But please be warned, our pads are still in crappy condition, I'm thinking about seeing if we can get it switched to another arcade.
Owner/Operator/Leader of DDRKokomo. Assistant Leader of DDRKokomo: Arrow Stompers.

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:01 am

yeah. good luck trying to find an arcade that has better pads. good pads are almost extinct.
Team KIMO represent!

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:06 am

Lil Dyme wrote:yeah. good luck trying to find an arcade that has better pads. good pads are almost extinct.
TnT Ft. Wayne for the win.

And the pads in Salem, OR are really nice. Should have it in my new town, kids. :P
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sat Jun 10, 2006 1:19 am

like i said before, and now i have been informed that you own the machine, why dont you just clean the pads?
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

The X
Standard
Standard

Post by The X » Sat Jun 10, 2006 9:09 am

Monday's the only day I have off. :lol:
This post is brought to you by BET...Because it's never too late to desecrate an ethnicity.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 11:41 am

Yeah, like Potter said, just take a few hours and give the pads and sensors a good cleaning, that should take care of most problems. Also, I propose this for the details of the tournament:
A) DEFINITELY use Perfects for winning/losing instead of score, we've been through this in the other thread. This is especially important if your pads are crap and/or you decide to do single elim.
B) Try your hardest to get it on a weekend (good job on already doing this)
C) Have only two divisions: Either Heavy Singles and Freestyle single/double, or Heavy Singles and Light/Standard Singles. FORGET DOUBLES AS A DIVISION.

So that's how I see it. Single/double elim I would say go by how many people sign up. If you have a bunch, do single. If you don't have so many, do double. Use single for the smaller division (Light or Freestyle, whatever it is).

-Dan

DDRKokomo
Light
Light

Post by DDRKokomo » Sat Jun 10, 2006 2:52 pm

Dan thanks for the support and ideas. I again am going to call the owner probaly Tuesday or Wednesday and get the final approval and see if i can get a weekend date.

Potter - lol. Even if we own the machine. Last winter we tried to clean it but couldnt get the screws up. I will talk to the arcade manager and see if i can get in there before hours and work on it. Thanks for telling us we own it. (or thats what you heard) lol

SoDeepPolaris - Sorry we cant go to Salem OR. Thats a LITTLE far for me to travel to host a tournament. Again I dont know about Ft. Wayne. Most of our team does not have to transportation to get there. So after we get our machine fixed up we will see how it is and go from there.

Xeroci- I am running this tournament not you. Tey suggesting it next time to me before you go public with it. Even so... again IF we do get it switched. we will not have the transportation to get the whole team there. I mean sure Derrick drives and so does Ben but other than that you have 12 other people to transport. AND I garuntee i will be going to my own tournament .lol. not going would be like not going to your own funeral.. (not funny anymore)

Again Thanks everyone for helping us make this tournament run a little smoother than the other one.

Kasey

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:36 pm

Just out of curiosity, why'd you make another account? Is this the official DDRKokomo Team account as opposed to your own personal account, or what's the deal?

-Dan

DDRKokomo
Light
Light

Post by DDRKokomo » Sat Jun 10, 2006 5:35 pm

ys and no. I am going to use this account as the official Tournament Account and the other reason i created it is because i didnt like my other name. It was too long and it was a pain to login because i would mess it up everytime. I wonderedhow long it would be before someone asked me that. lol

DDRKokomo
Light
Light

SAD UPDATE for December Tournament

Post by DDRKokomo » Fri Jun 16, 2006 10:04 pm

OK. I called the owner yesterday. He said he will not allow any tournaments in the near future. And on top of that he wouldnt talk to me about December. I wont know anything until October. I know it sucks. Sorry for the delay in information. Hope you will still be able to attend (if he allows a tournament then)

I will update when i get more information

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Post by XeroCi » Sat Jun 17, 2006 12:20 am

That really doesn't surprise me. We can't even get the sensors fixed. I really hope we get another arcade with DDR in it, with staff and management that actually listens to their customers. Making $200-$300 every Saturday off some random DDR-playing group of kids should mean at least a little bit.

I'm thinking about asking mall staff if they'd consider putting DDR in the middle of the mall where the rest of the arcade games are. The music will be a nice touch to the boringness of the malls here. Or for God's sake, the Kokomo mall. They have AT LEAST 20 open rooms to store an arcade again.
Hey, Kasey, wanna look into talking to Kokomo Mall management about that? Just us coming every saturday would bring them more money than that mall makes in a week with all the other businesses in it.
Owner/Operator/Leader of DDRKokomo. Assistant Leader of DDRKokomo: Arrow Stompers.

DDRKokomo
Light
Light

Post by DDRKokomo » Sat Jun 17, 2006 11:14 pm

Thats a good idea but the only thing about it is that the mall doesnt want anything in there unless someone is willing to pay whatever outragious price to have a spot in the mall. I KNOW as a fact the Markland Mall will not let it happen but I dunno about the Kokomo Mall. I will tell you this though. When dad gets his own store. There WILL be some sort of DDR their. Rather I have to buy 2 ignition(sp) pads and a TV or whatever but we will be able to use it... IF IT WERE TO EVER HAPPEN! I will look into it.

DDRKokomo
Light
Light

Cancellation

Post by DDRKokomo » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:14 pm

Thanks you everyone for the comments you left. Unfortunatly... DDRKokomo is no longer welcome at Kokomo Raceway Fun Park... so until we find another location and get ajusted to it and its faculity.. the December 11, 2006 tournament is Cancelled. If you request more information email kasey at K-cowell@sbcglobal.net

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Jun 27, 2006 3:20 pm

Locked by request.