Kokomo Tournament Dec 11

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

DDRKokomo
Light
Light

Kokomo Tournament Dec 11

Post by DDRKokomo » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:53 pm

ok. ok. ok. I know most of you are thinking... "Not another DDR Tournament in Kokomo." Sorry about the other one. It was our first actual team tournament and we had little idea what we were doing. I want to go ahead and let you guys in on our tournament on December 11, 2006. It will be at the same place (Kokomo Raceway Fun Park on Arrow St). Sorry I can not give the prize money information out yet because we are working on sponsors right now.

We decided to take a LOT of use from the last tournament. Now hold on before you criticize. We are going to use most of your comments and ideas also. Here is how we have decided it will be set up so far. (NOTE: Some of this is subject to change as the tournament unfolds. But you will have fair warning on any change[s])

Songs: Each player will choose a song. The third song will be a random choice. (we will pick Random on the machine)
MACHINE MIX: EXTREME

Admissions :
UNKNOWN
Times: Registration: Noon-1
Tournament Start : 1-130
Est. End time: 4-7 (?)

Single or Double Elimination has yet to be decided.

Modes:
Light, Standard, Heavy
Freestyle?
Doubles?

Perfect Attack?

Rules: I am not very strict on rules. I mean I don’t care if you cuss but obviously the arcade is an area where kids are. Please use profanity at discretion.

There will probably be a break somewhere in the tournament for dinner and so staff can take a break. ummm....

PLEASE if you have any suggestions please email me (k-cowell@sbcglobal.net) or post/reply. Any suggestions or comments you give will be taken seriously. On that note PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don’t make just rude comments. Please help us. God knows we could use a little help.

Thanks again for your help

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:59 pm

wtf? that date is liek a year from now
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

DDRKokomo
Light
Light

Post by DDRKokomo » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:08 pm

yeah i know. Sorry about it. I didnt want to have another one this summer because there really isnt enough time. (I dont think) and i am buzy at the start of the school year. I know it seems like a far time away. I might be able to find a time in the early fall to have it instead... sometime like early to mid september. I dont know though. I will have to talk to Gary (Arcade Owner) and see what he thinks. Sorry. lol

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:26 pm

I'd actually like to go, but as with this last one...still can't get a weekend?

DDRKokomo
Light
Light

Post by DDRKokomo » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:30 pm

I am not totally convienced that i cant. I am going to call the owner later this week or even tomorrow. He wants it on a weekday because for the simple fact that its busier on the weekends. He doesnt want us taking away from the people.

BUT since it will be closer (actually it will be ) winter i dont know if he would mind just leting us have it on a saturday. I am going to try and i will give it my all but i can not make any promises.

HO- Do you think that with some of the rule and setup changes that it will be a better turnout.. or do you atleast think we will have more respect on here than the June 8 tournament. Thanks

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:37 pm

with this new layout, maybe a weekend daste, and you showing respect you wil get a much better turnout. I know me and a few friends wil probabky be going, but i cant say for shure since its so far away
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

DDRKokomo
Light
Light

Post by DDRKokomo » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:42 pm

yeah. I can understand that. I mean not everything can be close to where you live, or work.

I will have to admit though... (this is Kasey) I have problems with showing respect... as you realized with the other topic. lol. But if its something i am committed to doing i will do whatever it takes. (dont get any wrong ideas!!!) lol. Ho, Potter. Thanks for giving me a good insight. lol. I know im kinda dense but thanks. AND THANKS FOR NOT JUST DISING BECAUSE OF THE LAST TOURNAMENT!!. I owe you guys. Thanks.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:46 pm

your welcome. glad to help. And another thing with such an early announcement it will give everyone plenty of time to get ready and plan accordingly. the other one realy got hurt with all the arguing i nthe thread and everything. with this one it should be much easier to get attendes.

DDRKokomo
Light
Light

Post by DDRKokomo » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:52 pm

I agree. I mean that other thread. I was just soo stressed thats why i freaked out. I mean (no offense to Casey) but he was being a little harsh. I have nothing against him. Especially since i dont know him very well but i mean he did kinda look down on us before we even got a chance.

neways.

Thats another problem i had with the June tournament. I mean comeon I am on DDRKokomo. I barely was able to come. Now thats funny if the team doesnt even come to their own tournament. lol. Thats like being late to your own funeral. lol. (sorry) but yea.

I just hope that this tournament will be better.

One thing i am attempting to do is get some sponsors. I have a few places that are considering: Villa Pizza, EB, Hot Topic, Lids, and a few other places. (of course those are all Kokomo stores but...) oh well.
What do you think. Ask them to donate money and we will advertise their buisness during our tournament and during our promotional??

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:58 pm

Ive never organized anything liek this but i think the ay it ussually works is they donate a product to be used as a prize.

DDRKokomo
Light
Light

Post by DDRKokomo » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:02 pm

hey i guess thats just as good. lol.

Potter. I was looking to see who was on. If you are hidden to not let anyone know you are on... it didnt work. because there is one user :me and 1 hidden.

hmmm..... that leaves you. lol. sorry i thought that was funny.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:07 pm

? no im not hidden. I dont think ive ever used that feature in my life of using forums. Its probably because i was idle on the board past 5 minutes so it took me off the online list.

DDRKokomo
Light
Light

Re: Kokomo Tournament Dec 11

Post by DDRKokomo » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:08 pm

DDRKokomo wrote:ok. ok. ok. I know most of you are thinking... "Not another DDR Tournament in Kokomo." Sorry about the other one. It was our first actual team tournament and we had little idea what we were doing. I want to go ahead and let you guys in on our tournament on December 11, 2006. It will be at the same place (Kokomo Raceway Fun Park on Arrow St). Sorry I can not give the prize money information out yet because we are working on sponsors right now.

We decided to take a LOT of use from the last tournament. Now hold on before you criticize. We are going to use most of your comments and ideas also. Here is how we have decided it will be set up so far. (NOTE: Some of this is subject to change as the tournament unfolds. But you will have fair warning on any change[s])

Songs: Each player will choose a song. The third song will be a random choice. (we will pick Random on the machine)
MACHINE MIX: EXTREME

Admissions :
UNKNOWN
Times: Registration: Noon-1
Tournament Start : 1-130
Est. End time: 4-7 (?)

Single or Double Elimination has yet to be decided.

Modes:
Light, Standard, Heavy
Freestyle?
Doubles?

Perfect Attack?

Rules: I am not very strict on rules. I mean I don’t care if you cuss but obviously the arcade is an area where kids are. Please use profanity at discretion.

There will probably be a break somewhere in the tournament for dinner and so staff can take a break. ummm....

PLEASE if you have any suggestions please email me (k-cowell@sbcglobal.net) or post/reply. Any suggestions or comments you give will be taken seriously. On that note PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don’t make just rude comments. Please help us. God knows we could use a little help.

Thanks again for your help
----------------------------------------------------

I was just thinking about this... can i get a suggestion. should we do

Perfect Attack?
Single or Double Elim.?
Should we do Freestyle?
" Doubles?
and what to charge for admission.

sorry i wanted someone elses view (other than DDRKokomo because they dont know crap lol) Thanks

DDRKokomo
Light
Light

Post by DDRKokomo » Fri Jun 09, 2006 11:09 pm

Potter wrote:? no im not hidden. I dont think ive ever used that feature in my life of using forums. Its probably because i was idle on the board past 5 minutes so it took me off the online list.
ok that makes sense. lol. I was like... "why is he hiding if hes the only other person on the forums." lol Sorry i had to ask.

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Sat Jun 10, 2006 12:02 am

Ho wrote:I'd actually like to go, but as with this last one...still can't get a weekend?
yeah. a monday isnt very good. saturday is ur best bet.
Team KIMO represent!