Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Million Man Lan 5 / WSVG

Post by FLAKK » Wed Jun 07, 2006 1:51 am

http://www.lanwar.com

It's a bit last minute, but is anyone from here planning to attend? It's June 15-18 and is $65 for a seat. There's much more than there was last year: massive LAN party, a bunch of cash tournaments, many more just for fun tournaments, a concert, many exhibition booths, and of course, DDR (not sure who's machine it will be this year or if it's on a machine at all). Oh, and for all of you WoW addicts, Blizzard will be in the house with their own sections. Ubisoft will also have a section. They are handing out their new Ghost Recon game and Penny Arcade t-shirts for free to anyone in the section. I'm sure there's plenty more things I'm forgetting. If you went last year, I HIGHLY suggest you attend MML5.

BTW, I'm over at Charlie section under -[crk]- Flak Monkey.

EDIT: If this is better fit for a different board, please move it.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Wed Jun 07, 2006 9:13 pm

I doubt massa would allow me
and im low on cash
I'm looking for some employment, I do all sorts of jobs :wink:

looks tight for anyone who can go though, have fun!
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Re: Million Man Lan 5 / WSVG

Post by RyogAkari » Sun Jun 11, 2006 10:39 pm

FLAKK wrote:http://www.lanwar.com
DDR (not sure who's machine it will be this year or if it's on a machine at all).
I doubt there is going to be a machine. They JUST contacted me, under a week away from the event and gave me a lowball rental price so I just politely told them I wasn't doing rentals anymore.

Anyway, if you were planning on going for the "massive DDR tournament".......dont.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Fri Jun 16, 2006 11:51 pm

WOW, was that tourney a piece of SHIT. I'd say worse than the tourney at Kokomo (or at least the planned layout. I can't say anything about how it went since I was not there) :lol: It was on the paper thin Mad Catz pads, on standard difficulty, AND on UltraMix3 (the worst mix ever). The songs WERE pre-determined *bleh* and it was 4-person battles, winner of each would then play in another round. By the way, I couldn't even use a fucking SPEED MOD.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sun Jun 18, 2006 11:05 pm

Bleh, sounds newbish.