June 8th, 2006

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

DDRKokomo_Jess
Standard
Standard

Post by DDRKokomo_Jess » Wed Jun 07, 2006 8:52 pm

cool cool, I'm hoping to have a good turn out.

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:42 pm

Whoops, I'm a no go. Sorry crew.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:47 pm

TaQa wrote:Whoops, I'm a no go. Sorry crew.
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Pheadra
Standard
Standard

Post by Pheadra » Wed Jun 07, 2006 10:56 pm

Yea I was gonna go, but I found something else to do....I guess I'll come the next time.
ImageThe secret to life is, oh look! Something Shiny!Image

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Post by XeroCi » Wed Jun 07, 2006 11:29 pm

For the people who are going, bring your friends. THE LESS PEOPLE, THE LESS PRIZE MONEY. We've had 5+ people drop out from going today. The heavy prize will be LUCKY to be 100 a this rate.
Owner/Operator/Leader of DDRKokomo. Assistant Leader of DDRKokomo: Arrow Stompers.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Thu Jun 08, 2006 1:12 am

I'm sorry, this is why nobody believed you. You put forth a lot of emphasis in your posts on to how the money would be 200$ without any problems. You've had 5+ people drop out, I'd be suprised if 5+ people(other than team kokomo) showed up at this rate. You were doing pretty good up until this point, maybe next time.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

DDRKokomo_Jess
Standard
Standard

Post by DDRKokomo_Jess » Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:30 am

Excuse me, just because 5 people drop out doesn't mean that the other 20 some won't come. You people act like it's our fault people go on vacation. I KNOW for a fact that there will be 15+ people there AT 12 AT the sign-up. I don't false advertise, I say we're having a tournament. It's not a HUGE tournament, but it will be a hell of a lot of fun. Too bad that for you it's all about winning.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Thu Jun 08, 2006 2:18 pm

No, I personally don't care about money or winning. It's the fact that you get into fights on here to enforce the fact that people are going to come and that you are going to have a 200$ prize no matter what that sways me.

I'm glad you're going to have fun, I don't mean to sway anyone else from going either. In fact, I hope other people do show up. However you still do need a system that works, not just a system that you like. Good luck pulling this one off, and I hope I don't find out that you keep any of the prize money either.
indyddr.com - "THE DUMBEST forum on the Web."

Kasey@DDRKokomo
Light
Light

Post by Kasey@DDRKokomo » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:18 pm

Ok. So we were wrong. Let me be the first to make a fool of myself. The turnout was not as good as we wanted it to be. We are going to host another tournament in December (MAYBE Updates later) and we will be taking a LOT of ideas in a different direction. We will be using your comments about the tourament and ideas and things you pointed out t us to make a better turn out in December hopefully. I will update more on that in another Topic later this summer. but please guys this was out FIRST tournament. Give us some CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM (SP) and dont just dis. I dont mind dising but give us some good pointers as well. No "This was crap" explain why atleast. Thanks to those of you who came. (the few) It was fun for us and we will amek the next one better and hopefully more of you show us. Thanks
Kasey@DDRKokomo
-Team Manager
-Tournament Supervisor
-Team Founder

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:33 pm

I think the weekday scheduling was probably the biggest detriment to attendance. Arguments over the format are kind of irrelevant if no one can show up. I know that's certainly the reason I didn't make it. I didn't agree with all the rules, but I'd have come out anyway just to hang out and meet people (isn't that what this is all about? :))

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:49 pm

I definately agree with Ho here. I very well may have tried to go to this if it weren't for the fact that I have a job, which, as with most, happens to prevent social activity durring a good deal of the afternoon on weekdays.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Post by XeroCi » Thu Jun 08, 2006 10:14 pm

Hey. It was fun. That was the point. DJ Stunna showed up from Ohio, and he won the nice little certificates we had and the money :P. The money was only 60 because apparently everyone forgot or was busy.

TaQa was out there, as well. It was fun either way. We had a lot of fun for it being short.

I hope to see more of you there next time. It was actually just worth the $10 to watch Stunna play.

(and the $200 dollar thing, that is what Kasey said.. not what Jess said.)

You can lock this thread now. Congrats to DJ Stunna, even though it wasn't hard to beat us anyway :P Thanks for showing up everyone.

but I still have my doubts it was actually stunna.
Owner/Operator/Leader of DDRKokomo. Assistant Leader of DDRKokomo: Arrow Stompers.

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:39 pm

Stunna? hahahahahahaha :lol:
ImageImage
ImageImage

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Post by XeroCi » Thu Jun 08, 2006 11:40 pm

well.. he said he was visiting Casey. And he came with TaQa. I don't really know if it was, but the story checks out and the pictures on the internet of Stunna look like him. Ask TaQa. Who knows.

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:25 am

and casey didnt show right?

hhhahahahahhahahaha
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy