To all who atteneded the Bloomington PIU tourney

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

To all who atteneded the Bloomington PIU tourney

Post by lgolem » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:30 pm

First of all that was an awesome show. There was not a boring moment in that center court. And don't quote me on this, this is not official statement from the Great X Scape, but Daniel (the owner of Great-X-Scape) said they will have another Tourny...he didn't say when or if it is going to be pump or ddr...he just said they will have another some day. But knowing my girlfriend, (the blonde girl named Christina who you got your bracelets from and paid your money to) she will try to get it to happen as soon as possible. When it comes around Jim will post it on here probably. But I personally want to say I had a great time watching all of you guys compete. And thanks for not being like total jerks to me or anything...I probably would have talked to you guys some more but I am not a very outgoing/social person. Sorry about the whole mishap with the only selecting song/difficulty only once during the tourny, if I had known about that I would have kept track, but I didn't know till you guys told me. I hope to see you guys again sometime, but who knows when that will be. :)

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Re: To all who atteneded the Bloomington PIU tourney

Post by malictus » Mon Mar 27, 2006 1:04 pm

lgolem wrote:Sorry about the whole mishap with the only selecting song/difficulty only once during the tourny, if I had known about that I would have kept track, but I didn't know till you guys told me.
This was my fault; I've always just used the honor system on that rule before. I don't think anyone was purposefully trying to cheat, but there were some people who were confused about the rules. I started keeping track of songs chosen after the first couple of rounds, and I didn't notice any problems after that.

I learn something every time I put one of these on, and that was my lesson this time.

...oh and another lesson: don't include NORMAL mode in the random song selection, especially in the last few rounds :wink: It's kinda anticlimactic to do Dignity Remix and Beat of the War 2 crazy, then get something like Join The Party Normal for your random song :oops: