5th Mix Tourney February 25th

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Mon Feb 20, 2006 10:46 am

Blaze wrote:As of last night the Machine is broken. Someone stuck a quarter in the machine.

It may be fixed now, but I don't know.
Hahahahadumbfucks. I mean, in the dark it can sometimes be hard to tell when you drop your tokens into a pocket full of change.

Buuuuuut whoever did it is still a dumbfuck.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

Bionix
Standard
Standard

Post by Bionix » Mon Feb 20, 2006 12:43 pm

It will be cool to go to a 5th mix tourney i might play if i have $ but that might be a problem. Also if they know what they are doing a quater problem can be fixed in less than a minute.
Warning incoming game!

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Mon Feb 20, 2006 1:17 pm

So I'm praying that Zach(NEME) is running this as he is the only one I know of who works there that would have any knowledge of ddr tourneys.

If not, I'm NOT looking forward to:
Single elim.
Decided by score not by Perf/Great count(which would be extremely janky due to A. 5th mix scoring and B. Pads)
Seed by signup(as in, no qualifiers)

What I would like to see:
-Double elimination or atleast an NCAA-style bracket(I know it's not double, but it'd be better than nothing)
-A scoring system not involving boo's,misses,goods. Like, Perf=2pt.s Great=1pt.
-Qualifiers putting high seed against low seed, instead of putting like Shannon and Mike or Joe and me against each other first round and letting really bad players get into finals.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

built-to-spill
Standard
Standard

hello!!!!

Post by built-to-spill » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:14 pm

What's up.

This is Zach (neme) i still work at Lazer-X and the manager put me in charge of this tournament without my permission.

Here's the deal:

The pads are different, they seem smaller somehow to me, but it only matters when playing doubles as far as I'm concerned. I just cleaned out all the sensors on the right side's left arrow, and it works fine now. I plan on cleaning all of the sensors out before the tournament.

The rules: I'm going to do a Basic bracket if there are enough interested people signed up. For the Basic bracket I will match people at random. For the Heavy bracket I'll do a one song qualifier, and match high and low seeds. I really don't want to bother with a double elimination so I'll probably do a standard tournament bracket. Each match will be three songs, whoever is the higher seed will pick the first and last song, and whoever is the lower seed will pick the second. Remember though, the time limit is 20 seconds on 5th mix, so you'll have to have an idea of which songs you'd like to play before you start.

Uhh..... I've never ran a tournament before and I'm a very shy person in real life, so if anyone would like to volunteer to help me I'd appreciate it. I'm sure I could hook you up with a Hot 107.9 shirt or cd, because we all know how cool those are.

Other than that, I'll let you know about any updates and whatnot. And if anyone has any suggestions about the rules, let me know, I'm new at this.

Bleh, Edit:

Ok, I have no idea what idiot jammed a bunch of tokens in the machine the other night, and I'm sorry I couldn't get it fixed, it's not my fault black lights are soooooo much cooler than white ones, and I can't see anything in that place. Also that is the strangest coin mech I've ever encountered, seriously that thing pisses me off.

One more thing about the rules, I was gonna determine the winner by score, but I've decided to do the Great=1 Perfect=2, because the scoring system is very strange.

Okay, the pads will be fine, so everyone please come out!
Steve Fletcher

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:41 pm

You do know about event mode on the machine, right? That will turn off the menu timers and let you continually pick long songs. It will also disable the autofail (though you'll still get an E if your bar hits the bottom). This also gets rid of the timers on the results screen, so you'll have plenty of time to check scores.

The only downside is that, on 5th, there's no way to resort the song list since hitting all three buttons at once resets the machine (sometimes useful). This means that some songs would be unplayable on event mode.

To enable it, turn on free play, then hold down the service credit button (I believe it's the second one from the top on Japanese cabinets and the one on the right hand side on Korean cabinets, but I could be wrong) while selecting game mode in the operator menu.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

built-to-spill
Standard
Standard

Post by built-to-spill » Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:50 pm

Did not know about that. Thanks, that will help.
Steve Fletcher

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Feb 21, 2006 4:07 am

MonMotha wrote:The only downside is that, on 5th, there's no way to resort the song list since hitting all three buttons at once resets the machine (sometimes useful). This means that some songs would be unplayable on event mode.
All songs should be playable in 5th without sorting. Maybe not convenient, but available. AFAIK, only Extreme actually "hides" songs in the default sort. Well, that and 4th/4th Plus if you pick something other than All Music. But the former doesn't matter much since you can sort Extreme without triggering an Event Mode reset.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:05 am

Thanks Zach. I'm glad to hear all that.

EDIT: Oh yeah, any bar rules? I know some of the Fort players use bar for PAing. But that's mostly with ITG and 10footers.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:20 pm

Bar on fifth mix, LOL. I hope nobody needs to use it.

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Tue Feb 21, 2006 9:58 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:Bar on fifth mix, LOL. I hope nobody needs to use it.
I wouldnt need it but I like to use it. I'm still the shit and sexy without it.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:39 pm

yeah im not going because i went to play some didder today and tried to play on x1. HORRIBLE!!! i cant play on x1 anymore. damn u x3!!!!!
Team KIMO represent!

built-to-spill
Standard
Standard

Post by built-to-spill » Tue Feb 21, 2006 11:52 pm

No rules about the bar, although, I do think it'd be kinda sad if you needed to on 5th. You may be ridiculed, but you won't be disqualified. I think speed mods are a bigger crutch than the bar anyway.
Steve Fletcher

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Wed Feb 22, 2006 12:31 am

Lil Dyme wrote:yeah im not going because i went to play some didder today and tried to play on x1. HORRIBLE!!! i cant play on x1 anymore. damn u x3!!!!!
I can't do 1x either. I MUST have 2-3x on flat to do even semi-decent.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Mosh_Mosh_Revolution » Wed Feb 22, 2006 8:58 am

UnLiMiTeDmAxX wrote:
hascoolnickname wrote:Bar on fifth mix, LOL. I hope nobody needs to use it.
I wouldnt need it but I like to use it. I'm still the shit and sexy without it.
Stated for truth.
No more eggs! :D
An actual signature will come soon, I suppose.

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Re: hello!!!!

Post by chocobojoe » Wed Feb 22, 2006 1:25 pm

built-to-spill wrote:it's not my fault black lights are soooooo much cooler than white ones
This made me laugh for real.
Good to see you're still alive :D