DDR Tournament (Kokomo,IN)

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

Kasey@DDRKokomo
Light
Light

DDR Tournament (Kokomo,IN)

Post by Kasey@DDRKokomo » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:29 pm

Hey ya'll Just a heads up. There might be a tournament in Kokomo coming up soon. I will post more details. For more information please check out http://DDRKokomoTournament.cjb.net. Registeration forums are available on the site. as well as rules and terms.
Last edited by Kasey@DDRKokomo on Thu May 18, 2006 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kasey@DDRKokomo
-Team Manager
-Tournament Supervisor
-Team Founder

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sat Feb 04, 2006 10:51 pm

Moved to Events/Tournaments.

You might want to edit the topic to reflect the geography of the tournament to make sure those nearby will read this topic.

Generally, things get stickied in this forum when an official date and rules are announced in the thread.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Sun Feb 05, 2006 10:29 pm

Is there a 2nd and 3rd place prize for the heavy bracket? I mean, I at least wanna break even if I'm driving to an event with cash prizes.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:17 am

Wait, people still play DDR in Kokomo?

WHERE? Last I saw, the fun is... had closed, and the go-kart place isn't open over the winter months. :?

Kasey@DDRKokomo
Light
Light

Post by Kasey@DDRKokomo » Mon Feb 06, 2006 3:50 pm

Yes the fun is was closed down. and the raceway is shut down over the winter but the arcade part of the raceway is still open. It is open Thurs-Sun.
Kasey@DDRKokomo
-Team Manager
-Tournament Supervisor
-Team Founder

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:37 pm

pfffff so apparent that you have no idea what your doing. Minimum 10$ token purchase? pfff, just make the fuckin entry 15$. LIGHT STANDARD AND HEAVY? wtf? Standard I can MAYYYYBE see, but light is absolutely unneeded and a total waste of time. Also there is no way you will get those top prizes because if your only charging 5$ to enter you won't get 20 ppl. Very few indiana tournies have hit 20 ppl in 1 division.

Your hoping for to much, I wouldn't even win the gas money back, nor would the people from Mishawaka or Ft. Wayne who are good. Lets not talk about the evansville ppl and there 3-4hr drive to Howard County.

Jus cancel this mess.

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Wed Feb 08, 2006 3:52 pm

I was just waiting for you to comment on this. I usually dont see eye to eye with Casey but he's got a point.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Feb 08, 2006 5:34 pm

Why the $10 in tokens? Is this how the Arcade is going to profit from your event? Seems expensive for the same game you could play anywhere else in the state.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:03 pm

Not to mention that anyone from out of town would probably end up not using the tokens.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Thu Feb 09, 2006 12:38 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Why the $10 in tokens? Is this how the Arcade is going to profit from your event? Seems expensive for the same game you could play anywhere else in the state.
My reading was that the arcade is not actually sponsoring the event, and so the tournament rounds will require the tournament providers to use tokens. The tournament providers are in turn requiring each player to supply a certain number.

I'm a little confused, though, because $10/$1 per game = average of 10 rounds per player = quintuple elimination. In the immortal words of my mother, god bless her soul, "Are you going to play that game all day?"

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:28 pm

Bleh, $1 for Extreme? That's no good.

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Post by XeroCi » Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:22 pm

This tournament was really just for people in Kokomo...
We're going to hit about 20 people in the light division, if all the people show up.

So who cares if Lights a dumb idea.. we're getting money, the arcade is making money, we're all happy.

If you live in kokomo, and want to participate, hit me up with a PM. I'll see if I can get some entry forms for you.

EDIT:
Nevermind, Kasey has the entry forms on the site. Print one out and bring it to the arcade on the day of the tournament (I do believe that is the process). I'm not entirly sure how Kasey is running this up, but he is the DDRKokomo tournament supervisor, and I'm not.. any questions should be PM'd/Email'd to him.
Owner/Operator/Leader of DDRKokomo. Assistant Leader of DDRKokomo: Arrow Stompers.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:40 am

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Bleh, $1 for Extreme? That's no good.
I was going for a conservative estimate. Though the round numbers also make things nice for working out the elimination rate; it's hard to use partial powers in generating functions. :wink:

CaseyDidder
Administrative Discipline

Post by CaseyDidder » Sat Feb 11, 2006 10:26 pm

wow a ddr tournament full of light players, sounds like a hot attraction to me. I donna, guess i didn't get my fill of light the first week i played.

Its not hard to jump to heavy, so quit being pussies and up the fuckin difficulty.

btw, instead of being stupid, make the entry 10$, use whatever you need for tokens, then the rest to pot. It'll be alot cheaper that way for everybody.

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Sun Feb 12, 2006 12:32 am

XeroCi wrote:This tournament was really just for people in Kokomo...
We're going to hit about 20 people in the light division, if all the people show up.

So who cares if Lights a dumb idea.. we're getting money, the arcade is making money, we're all happy.

If you live in kokomo, and want to participate, hit me up with a PM. I'll see if I can get some entry forms for you.

EDIT:
Nevermind, Kasey has the entry forms on the site. Print one out and bring it to the arcade on the day of the tournament (I do believe that is the process). I'm not entirly sure how Kasey is running this up, but he is the DDRKokomo tournament supervisor, and I'm not.. any questions should be PM'd/Email'd to him.
Well if you know it's only for Kokomo ppl and they already have a website, why bother even bringing this to Indyddr? Kinda pointless.
ImageImage
ImageImage