Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Thu Mar 23, 2006 9:51 pm

Sounds great!

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:57 pm

I can't wait. I want Zero and I want it now.....
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:23 pm

Ok... Still looking for a ride here. Anyone?
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:44 pm

WhiteDragon wrote:Ok... Still looking for a ride here. Anyone?
Where do you live? Carmel?

Being a road trip fan, I could be persuaded to head up there tomorrow morning and drop you off. I keep meaning to visit Indy for various reasons, and I never seem to get around to it.

Given that it's looking like I can't play in the tournament myself, it'd be nice to have an excuse to show up and watch the end if nothing else... :?

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:49 pm

Yeah, I'm in Carmel. 126th and Keystone. I'm currently waiting to see if getting a ride down there with Ho will work, but if you'd be willing to come up here, that could work too.

Hmm... this whole thing is quite last minute >_<

Edit: Alright, I'm getting a ride down there with Ho, though I still don't have a ride back set up. If you're at the tournament tomorrow and can give me a ride, please feel free to tell me, as I would be very grateful. If you don't know who I am, I'll be the one playing in socks.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:08 am

I had a great time at this tourney and look forward to future tournies held there. :D
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

Harleigh RVNG
Standard
Standard

Post by Harleigh RVNG » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:11 am

awome man, i got a lot further than i thought i would! now im tired as hell... well, hopefully more people will show to the next one...
I press UR, UL, DL, DR, UR.... it's a spin...

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sun Mar 26, 2006 2:20 pm

FLAKK wrote:I had a great time at this tourney and look forward to future tournies held there. :D
I particularly look forward to future tourneys held there, since in the end I didn't get to go. (Go figure - last-minute injury. :x )

But I did get to stop by for the final tech rounds, and I have to say: Jesus Christ, Queen of Scots! Ringers from West Virginia... :shock:

The final Jason vs. Johnny match was an outstanding display of sportsmanship and athleticism, and watching it was a great privilege. 'Nuff said.

On a lighter note, what was with those "random" tiebreakers? "Great XScape PIU Tournament, featuring Solitary 2: Another CZ!" :lol:

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Sun Mar 26, 2006 8:40 pm

Thanks to everyone for making this a great event and tournament! Overall, the turnout was about what I expected; I would have liked more people, but it certainly wasn't disappointing. 21 people entered the event overall, with 8 entering freestyle and 19 entering technical (plus me!). 6 people also attended the mini - mods tournament that happened on Friday night.

The turnout from Bloomington was kind of low, unfortunately; in fact, the turnout from INDIANA was kinda low, but fortunately a large group from Louisville showed, along with people from Ohio and even West Virginia!

The event was pretty drama-free, and the arcade owner was pleased and is looking forward to holding more events soon, so stay tuned for developments!

The winners were as follows

Mini - Mods Tournament
1st - Jason Dread

Freestyle
1st - Brian Ho
2nd - Jason Dread
3rd - Harleigh

Technical
1st - Jonny
2nd - Jason Dread
3rd - Yohei

There were some particularly exciting matches in the tech tourney, and the last round was incredibly close!

Thanks to everyone who attended, the freestyle judges, and of course the arcade and arcade employees for hosting and supplying some awesome prizes (and for hooking me up with some free t-shirts :wink: )

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Sun Mar 26, 2006 11:51 pm

I had a lot of fun at this tournament. The low local turnout kinda sucked, but it's understandable. I myself almost wasn't there at all since my girlfriend was pretty sick the whole time.

This weekend marked the first time I've seen people a hell of a lot better than me play PIU. For that alone, it was worth coming. Even though they easily kicked my ass. :lol: I did do a lot better than I expected, though. Got to the final four of the loser's bracket and managed to beat Jonny on a song (albeit on Blazing HD of all things... and probably due to a sticky sensor or something). Also had some really epic tiebreaker rounds, as my "beat once on PA, then hope I get a lucky draw on the random tiebreaker" strategy called for. Fun stuff. ^_^

Hopefully by the time the next PIU tournament rolls around, I won't have to depend 100% on out PA-ing my opponent on a relatively easy song. Gotta get a lot better. :oops:

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Mon Mar 27, 2006 12:29 am

hey now. maybe i'll be at the next tourney since i play alot of pump now. :)
Team KIMO represent!

great x scape
Standard
Standard

offiical spokesman

Post by great x scape » Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:14 pm

Hello to everyone! I'm Christina the marketing manager of the Great X Scape Arcade at the College Mall in Bloomington, Indiana. I want to thank everyone personally! I've heard nothing but good reports from everyone, including mall management. This was the first tournment that I've ever set up and I enjoyed it so much. You guys were totally amazing! We are working to get the DDR:Supernova and hopefully not too much longer after we receive it we can work on a DDR tournment. I will keep you posted on things as plans become more official. Again, Thank you so much and especially thank you Jim, we couldn't have done it without you.

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Mon Mar 27, 2006 8:57 pm

Thank you for holding the tournament again, and Malicus for planning/organizing it. It ran very smoothly, and turned out to be WELL worth the $10 spent for admission and the drive to Bloomington. It more than makes me want to make more trips out to Bloomington for Zero as well as to meet the locals some more.

Thank again, it was damn fun!

Harleigh RVNG
Standard
Standard

Post by Harleigh RVNG » Tue Mar 28, 2006 7:55 am

Extreme fun, and i would not suggest supernova, but if you want to waste you're money, go ahead. Jason, you did incredible, great job on your winnings!
I press UR, UL, DL, DR, UR.... it's a spin...

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:28 pm

Yes, it was quite a fun tournament indeed. I thought that the whole thing went quite smoothly, and I'm looking forward to another one.

However, I must say that windex + socks = 0 traction. Luckilly I usually had a bit of rubber on the pads from the last contestants.