PIU ZERO Tournament, Bloomington IN, March 24-25

Announcement and discussion of music/rhythm game events and tournaments

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Mar 08, 2006 3:11 pm

Spring break is practice time for me. I figure if I practice hard and take steroids, Jason Dread will be my b*tch.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:37 pm

Anybody up for a quick mods tournament if there's time? It should certainly be fun, at least, even if there are no prizes.

Proposed format:
*Single elimination seeded by main tech event qualifier (this is purely in the interest of time)
*High seed picks pad side and song, low seed picks difficulty and ANY NUMBER of mods - switch for second song in set
*Each player may pick their own speed mod
*Scoring will be money score, matches decided fighting style (best 2/3)
*Ties are broken on a random remix, random difficulty, random mods (yes, any number of them) - players may still pick their own speed mod
*If you dont' know the code for the mod and can't get it figured out in a reasonable time, you can't use it (I'll try to bring a code sheet if we're going to do this)
*Nonstep is forbidden (sorry)

The outcome is likely to end up rather random, but that's what I'm going for. Basically, practice up on your crazy WTF!? arrow reading ability :)

This would only be held if we can find some time, but I'd ask the organizers to try to work something in if there is sufficient interest. Who's up for it?
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:47 pm

MonMotha wrote:Anybody up for a quick mods tournament if there's time? It should certainly be fun, at least, even if there are no prizes.

Proposed format:
*Single elimination seeded by main tech event qualifier (this is purely in the interest of time)
*High seed picks pad side and song, low seed picks difficulty and ANY NUMBER of mods - switch for second song in set
*Ties are broken on a random remix, random difficulty, random mods (yes, any number of them) - players may still pick their own speed mod
*If you dont' know the code for the mod and can't get it figured out in a reasonable time, you can't use it (I'll try to bring a code sheet if we're going to do this)

The outcome is likely to end up rather random, but that's what I'm going for. Basically, practice up on your crazy WTF!? arrow reading ability :)

This would only be held if we can find some time, but I'd ask the organizers to try to work something in if there is sufficient interest. Who's up for it?
You = EBIL. I have enough trouble doing CZ songs normally, let alone on that craziness.

But it should be fun to watch.

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Wed Mar 08, 2006 10:38 pm

MonMotha wrote:Anybody up for a quick mods tournament if there's time? It should certainly be fun, at least, even if there are no prizes.

Proposed format:

Sounds fun. I'm up for it.
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:59 am

I'm game. Why the hell not?

Now all we have to do is make sure there's time.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Thu Mar 09, 2006 1:06 am

I'm in, assuming I actually get around to playing w/mods a couple of times before the tournament.

Or, heck, maybe even if I don't. Every competition needs cannon fodder. :D

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Thu Mar 09, 2006 12:05 pm

I'm cool with something like that; there should be enough time, especially if it happens on Friday...

V
Standard
Standard

Post by V » Mon Mar 13, 2006 1:42 pm

I'd just like to note that the entire subject of this thread is wrong, because it is a PIU ZERO machine, but I assume you all already knew this.

For updates on the tournament and all the rules that are currently in place, go check out http://www.great-x-scape.com plz!!!

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone there!!! :D

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:00 pm

V wrote:I'd just like to note that the entire subject of this thread is wrong, because it is a PIU ZERO machine, but I assume you all already knew this.
LOL

fixed...

Dyme
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Dyme » Mon Mar 13, 2006 4:06 pm

i'd definately go but im still learning how to play pump....lol
Team KIMO represent!

malictus
Heavy
Heavy

Post by malictus » Thu Mar 16, 2006 9:02 am

This is just my requisite one-week-until-the-event thread bump. This event is really shaping up nicely and sholuld be great fun. Remember, your $10 gets you into the tourney but also grants you unlimited freeplay on Friday and Saturday, so even if you're not a great player you'll get your money's worth. COME JOIN US! :D

PS - I wonder if I should break out the legos for this? :wink:

Jason Dread
Standard
Standard

Post by Jason Dread » Fri Mar 17, 2006 12:15 am

Any chance of allowing a Nightmare song to be picked for the final round only?

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Mon Mar 20, 2006 3:42 pm

Jason Dread wrote:Any chance of allowing a Nightmare song to be picked for the final round only?
Please, no. There's only one thing that can motivate that request. And hate leads to the dark side... :P

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Mar 20, 2006 4:18 pm

Yume_Taira wrote:You = EBIL. I have enough trouble doing CZ songs normally, let alone on that craziness.

But it should be fun to watch.
Why not play? It would be free with your other admission, and there's no prizes to get all worked up over. Besides, you get to pick not only the mods, but also the difficulty (to go along with your mods!) fully half the time (other than ties). Heck, if you want, you can just pick normal difficulty and no mods. Then, if you don't want to play CZ, just pick a song that only has normal/hard or whatever when it's your turn to pick a song.

You should be able to get through most of it, if not the whole thing, without ever playing on CZ if you don't want to. I guess the exception would be people picking songs with CZ only, but those are pretty rare, especially on Zero, and then you can still mod the heck out of it and just turn it into a completely random outcome funfest.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

V
Standard
Standard

Post by V » Mon Mar 20, 2006 9:28 pm

malictus wrote:This is just my requisite one-week-until-the-event thread bump. This event is really shaping up nicely and sholuld be great fun. Remember, your $10 gets you into the tourney but also grants you unlimited freeplay on Friday and Saturday, so even if you're not a great player you'll get your money's worth. COME JOIN US! :D

PS - I wonder if I should break out the legos for this? :wink:
Do the legos!!! Oh my goodness I love the legos.

Plus it'll just make things go smoother and yeah...legos ahoy!!!