Moderator: Moderators

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

DDR U of L Final Stage 3 Sponsored:RedOctane/Ransai/DDRFreak

Post by RyogAkari » Sun Jan 15, 2006 12:25 am

When: April 29th 10AM-10PM, April 30th 12PM-10PM
Where: University of Louisville, SAC 3rd Floor in the Game Room. Click here
What: Multiple DDR tournaments and other Bemani touranments as well as LAN games, free play games, and lots of other general gaming.

Fee:
15 dollars general admission into all tournaments and freeplay
10 dollars admission if you contribute to the cause
(I.E. Bring a TV, xbox, cobalt flux, computer to play stepmania, etc)

You may sign up for whatever tournament you want at the door during registration.

By state law we are required to allow spectators into the event. Spectators are not allowed to participate in the events and are not allowed to play on any of the equipment. To be a spectator you must hand over some form of picture ID to the registration booth and may pick it up as you leave. There will be a form of ID for those that have registered and are participants. If you are not a participant and are using any of the equipment, you will be asked to leave.

At this event there will be badges! If you lose your badge and you do not have a picture ID to identify yourself on the master list of participants that we will have, you will be asked to leave! Replacing a badge will cost 3 dollars if you lose it so DO NOT LOSE YOUR BADGE!

There will also be EVENT COORDINATORS at this event (listed at the bottom of this page). They Can and WILL kick you out if you are misbehaving without a refund. They will be easily identified by having a different color badge with the words EVENT COORDINATOR on it. Please respect them for your own benefit! If you have a question or need to address a problem, they will be there for you.

Sponsored by:

and

and

and

GAME KRAZY
http://louisville.citysearch.com/profil ... krazy.html

QUALIFIER: For all of the DDR Tournaments there will be a qualifier. The qualifier is the ON FIRE edit to FireFly. For those of you who feel inclined, it is on the DDR machine at UofL. It's about an 8 in difficulty with various uses of chaos, freezes, streams and jumps. Perfects will count as 2 and greats will count as 1. OK's will count as 2. Nothing else will be counted. You can use whatever mod you would like, including solo. If the other person qualifying with you does not want to use solo, they will be switched with someone who does and then that person will go next. If the next person wants to use solo, they will be switched out with someone who does not and then they will go next, and so on and so on.

Tournament/Event Schedule:
Note: All DDR tournaments will be held on Extreme.

SATURDAY:

DDR:

10AM-12PM: Qualifier/Registration

12PM: Standard Tournament. Those that are not of the ability to play 8 and 9 footers consistently with good grades may compete in the standard tournament. I will be the judge on if you can compete, simple as that.

Standard Tourney Rules:

1. Ranked by qualifiers.
2. Only difficulty allowed: Standard
3. Standard Pattern that is an 8 footer or above not allowed.
4. Single Elimination
5. Points: Perfects: 2, Greats: 1, OK's: 2. No points deducted.
6. Speed mods accepted. Solo both must agree on.
7. Winning the song gets you 1 point. First to 2 points wins. Tieing at 1 point results in a random standard song regardless of dificulty. If score is tied on a song that results in no points awarded.
8. Prize:

1st Place: $20 Gift Certificate to Game Krazy
2nd Place: $10 Gift Certificate to Game Krazy

2PM: Vanilla DDR Tournament. 32 Bracket only. First come, first serve.

1. Ranked by qualifier. If you competed in the standard, you cannot compete in this.
2. Only difficulty allowed: Heavy, Challenge
4. Single Elimination
5. Points: Perfects: 2, Greats: 1, OK's: 2. Miss: 1, yes, miss equals 1 point
6. Speed mods accepted. Solo both must agree on.
7. Winning the song gets you 1 point. First to 2 points wins. Tieing at 1 point results in a random standard song regardless of dificulty. If score is tied on a song that results in no points awarded.
8. Prize:

1st Place: 1 Red Octane Ignition Pad
2nd Place: 1 ITG T-shirt

7PM: DDR Masters Tournament: 16 Bracket only. First come, first serve.

1. Ranked by qualifier. This is not for the faint of heart!
2. Only difficulty allowed: 10 footers and above, Edits.
3. Single Elimination
4. Points: Perfects: 2, Greats: 1, OK's: 2. Miss: 1, yes, miss equals 1 point
5. Speed mods accepted. Solo both must agree on.
6. Winning the song gets you 1 point. First to 2 points wins. Tieing at 1 point results in a random standard song regardless of dificulty. If score is tied on a song that results in no points awarded.
7. Prize

1st Place: $40 Gift Certificate to Game Krazy.
2nd Place: ITG T-Shirt

POP'N TOURNEY OFFICIAL:

7PM:

1. The mix is Pop'n 11, 9 Line, Hyper, and EX
2. Difficulty CAP: 37. 40 for a tie breaker.
2. The qualifier has now been changed to TBA at event.
3. Scoring: SCORE based. Half if fail.
4. How a round works: The qualifier will assure that the better players are placed on the outside of the bracket. For each bracket round there will be a difficulty range (24-28, 31-35, etc) that will start easy and then work it's way up in difficulty. The songs will be determined by the moderators of the event. 4 songs will be picked for each round. Each player can eliminate 1 song from the selection. Player 1 will then play both songs in succession and the total score will be the Player's score. In the event that he/she fails, their score will be halved.
5. Single Elimination
6. You may BYOC if you wish. There will be a sponsored Pop'N'Music Ransai at the event.
7. Speed mods are allowed.

Prizes: 1st place 75 dollars off a Ransai, 2nd 50 dollars off, 3rd 25 dollars off. 15 dollars off for competing!

SUNDAY:

DDR:

12-1PM: Qualifiers if you didn't qualify yesterday.

1PM: FREESTYLE!!!

Rules:

1. Order will be determined by the qualifyer (just to make things easier)
2. Audience will determine winner. 1 player will be dropped every round that scored the lowest number of votes. Come prepared to do multiple freestyles. Improvs welcome.
3. Freestyler is welcome to come up with whatever they want for the event except for things of an unethical nature (I shouldn't have to give examples, but stripping off all your clothes for instance). No freestyle may involve the use of the physical cabinet!!! You will be disqualified immediately without question in the middle of your routine. No exceptions!!!
4. Prize

1st Place: DDRFreak T-Shirt
2nd Place: $10 Gift Certificate to Game Krazy

3PM: TAG TEAM! 8 Teams of 2, first come first serve.

Rules:

1. Teams will be ranked by their collective score for qualifiers divided by 2
2. Team 1 will pick song and team 2 will play it with them. Team 1 will be required to make 3 tags while team 2 will only be required to make 2 tags. The goal is each team works out a strategy for taging out in songs. Teams will be given 1 minute to discuss a strategy before playing each song. Team 2 will then pick a song and team 1 will play with them. Team 2 will be require to make 3 tags where team 1 will only be required to make 2 tags.
3. Any difficulty goes including edits. That means light, standard, heavy, challenge and edits are available
4. Points: Perfects: 2, Greats: 1, OK's: 2. MISS IS -1!!! The point of tag teaming is to not miss steps between tags. Play smart and strategize.
5. Speed mods accepted. Solo both must agree on.
6. Winning the song gets you 1 point. First to 2 points wins. Tieing at 1 point results in a random song on standard. The options screen will be entered. You have 1 minute from the options screen to determine what song it is and work out a strategy. Each team will be expected to tag once.
7. I'll get more into depth about the tag teams at the event. Dont expect someone walking up and hitting an arrow and then switching back to be a tag. Tagged players must play for 10 seconds in which there are consistently arrows scrolling (so not in between era pauses and such, but thats a good place to switch).
8. Prizes

1st Place: 2 DDRFreak T-Shirts
2nd Place: 2 $10 Gift Certificates to Game Krazy

5PM: DOUBLES TOURNEY. 16 Brackets only. First come, first serve

1. Ranked by qualifier. If you competed in the standard, you cannot compete in this.
2. Only difficulty allowed: Heavy, Challenge. Doubles patterns only
3. Speed mods, Solo and Flat allowed.
4. No use of the bars! This doubles tournament will have no bar raping.
5. Single Elimination
6. Points: Perfects: 2, Greats: 1, OK's: 2. Miss: 0.
7. Obviously the song will need to be played twice. Person that picks song plays it first.
8. Winning the song gets you 1 point. First to 2 points wins. Tieing at 1 point results in a random standard song regardless of dificulty. If score is tied on a song that results in no points awarded.
9. Prizes:

1st Place: 1 Red Octane Ignition Pad
2nd Place: 1 ITG T-Shirt

5PM: BEATMANIA IIDX OFFICIAL TOURNEY

1. 8th and 10th Style! Two PS2's will be set up to switch back and forth between the 2 mixes.
2. Qualifier: I Was The One LIGHT7
2. HISpeed, Sudden/towel, mirror is allowed. Random is not passed the qualifier.
3. Players will play songs individually, not together
4. BYOC Recommended, though there will be controllers available
5. Scoring based on EX scoring.
6. The moderator for this event asks that you be considerate to the playing level of your opponent and asks that you not pick anything out of this world difficult for them since it would be overkill to begin with. He has the right to deem if a song is too difficult for the match.

1st Place: $20 Gift Certificate to Game Krazy
2nd Place: ITG T-shirt

Because there will be plenty of tournaments, prizes will need to be spread out for all the tournaments. That means there could be only one red octane ignition pad as the prize for each tournament. THIS EVENT IS NOT ABOUT COMPETITION. IT IS ABOUT FELLOWSHIP AND HAVING FUN AMONGST FRIENDS. SERIOUS COMPETITION WILL BE AT A MINIMUM. If you have a problem with that, I respect that and don't anticipate you showing up then! If you are cool with that, awesome! Come join us for an amazing 2 day event.

Since this event is bigger than I can handle by myself, there will be Event Coordinators. Coordinators will be identified by their different color badge and the words EVENT COORDINATOR on it. If you need help with anything, they will be there to help you. They have the authority to remove you without refund from the event. Respect them!

Myself = DDR Tournies, Registration, General
Starian (Melody) = Pop'N Tournies, LAN room
Dr. Awesome (James) = IIDX Tournies, LAN room
MB (John) = General
Imp Mallet (Brian) = Registration, Stepmania
Uno Lego (Jesse) = DDR Tournies, Registration
Last edited by RyogAkari on Sun Apr 16, 2006 5:04 pm, edited 10 times in total.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sun Jan 15, 2006 4:04 pm

How about Tourney's for other games? Like MUTHA F*CKIN FLO!

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Sun Jan 22, 2006 11:42 pm

Ok, new update.

RANSAI will not only be sponsoring us a POPN controller to hold the popn tourney on, they will also be sponsoring us awesome discount prizes.

for the Popn tourney:

1st place: 75 dollars off any Ransai (including IIDX) controller
2nd place: 50 dollars off any Ransai
3rd place: 25 dollars off any Ransai

Participation: 15 dollars off any Ransai

Expect more updates soon

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon Jan 23, 2006 10:23 pm

Assuming I can get a ride (Fluffyyy) and that school / social life isn't too heavy at the end of April then I will make an appearance for the IIDX tourny.

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Wed Feb 01, 2006 12:07 am

Updated the first post. Enjoy! Post some love if you are coming! It's garunteed to be HAWT

LegendofBob
Standard
Standard

Post by LegendofBob » Wed Feb 08, 2006 10:20 am

Expect the Eville crew there for sure!
Eville d00ds

Yume_Taira
Standard
Standard

Post by Yume_Taira » Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:46 pm

Sounds nice...too bad I'll be in Chicago at that time. :(

I would be able to do decently at the Standard Tournament and would love to watch the Heavy hitters going at it. I miss watching tournaments, even when I just lost in the first round...

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:34 pm

I'm sorry you won't be able to make it Yume. = (

I updated the rule list to include IIDX and Pop'N. This should be the final build of the rules, minus minor alterations here and there. All rules are subject to change at the event for necessity, of course.

Remember, my house will be open to travelers to stay at during saturday night.

Hope everyone can make it!

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Apr 10, 2006 9:39 pm

9-line pop'n? Screw that...I really would rather not deal with another "perfect score or lose" contest.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Tue Apr 11, 2006 9:49 pm

I thought 9 line basically meant all 9 buttons. I tried to get in contact with you last night to ask a few questions.

I had thought about using combo as a scoring method too, but was hesitant. Is combo really important in pop'n? You are pretty much my only person I can ask about this. If you would, please list some possible changes for the tournament, and I will take it into consideration since you definetely know more on it than I. I'll be the first to admit that I'm humbly running the Pop'n tournament "in the dark" as it were.

RyogAkari
Standard
Standard

Post by RyogAkari » Sat Apr 15, 2006 8:00 pm

Ok, I talked to a bunch of Poppers and updated the rules. A lot of things have changed in the Pop'n touranment, so be sure to check it out.