no
50%

Total votes: 6

imadancefreakincolumbus
Standard
Standard

WFZ Whiteland, IN. ITG2 & DDR EX. tourny will be reposte

Post by imadancefreakincolumbus » Sun Nov 20, 2005 8:28 pm

i will be reposted full tournament rules regulation and info later i firs need to get some things done before its official and need to know how many people will show up either the 12/17 or 12/31
Last edited by imadancefreakincolumbus on Mon Nov 21, 2005 2:04 pm, edited 4 times in total.

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Sun Nov 20, 2005 10:20 pm

Was this thought out at all?

Wouldnt it make more sense to set an actual date before wanting to know how many ppl can attend. I think the majority of ppl need an actual date of a tourney so it wont conflict with scheduling as much. I can say right now Im attending. Then after I've told you Im going, you to tell me the tourney is on Saturday, December 31st. Then it's a possibility that I wouldnt be able to go because of no prior tourney date. If that makes sense :?

All I'm saying is, more ppl would tell you if they are certain to go if there's a preset date.

Also, these prizes are pretty sweet. You know for sure that's what they'd be? To my knowledge there's only been 2 tournies in IN with flux's

Not trying to ruin anything, because I havent actually ran a tourney but I know Ho and Jim would probably back me up on the date thing.

EDIT: Oh yea...is it double elim? Is heavy the only division? $10 is pricey with no double elim. I wouldve PMed you but I'm sure these questions would eventually come up.
ImageImage
ImageImage

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Mon Nov 21, 2005 4:48 am

I second pretty much everything Shannon said. For one thing, be SURE you can get Cobalt Flux to either sponsor the tournament, or you have somebody to buy one for the tournament, because as far as I know, they don't sponsor many tournaments at all, especially small ones.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Nov 21, 2005 5:05 am

Post a date (and preferably clarify the other questions, as well), then I'll go ahead and sticky this.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

imadancefreakincolumbus
Standard
Standard

Post by imadancefreakincolumbus » Mon Nov 21, 2005 7:50 am

will be reposted later
Last edited by imadancefreakincolumbus on Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Mon Nov 21, 2005 10:47 am

A word of advice for the future: finalize sponsorships and dates before anouncing the contest. It's a hell of a lot more professional.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

imadancefreakincolumbus
Standard
Standard

Post by imadancefreakincolumbus » Mon Nov 21, 2005 11:14 am

kk

LiLTT
Standard
Standard

Post by LiLTT » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:19 pm

This is less than 2hrs away, I prolly come...if shannon goes

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Mon Nov 21, 2005 12:25 pm

Just a curious question...why is the entry fee so high if there are no cash prizes? I mean, it's no big deal if cash prizes aren't there, but you'll attract more people if the price is lower.

Or you could keep it $10 and have some prize money, that's what I'd shoot for, but that's just because I want some prize money.

Odds are Cobalt Flux won't sponsor ya (if they do, that's great), you might have a little bit better luck with RO (I'm assuming that's where you're getting the games/shirts), but with a fairly short notice (a month away really isn't enough in advance to set up sponsorships and such), who knows.

I'll come if it happens, and if the rules aren't dumb (Honestly, I think you should stick to one game, DDR or ITG, but if you can incorporate them both without it being retarted and a cause of bickering, more power to you).

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:43 pm

I wouldn't hold my breath on Cobalt Flux sponsorship. The latest tournament on their tournament page is dated 2005-08-06. I contacted them twice in the six weeks prior to X-Stomp and received no response. So unless you already have it, I wouldn't count on their sponsorship.

I would also concur with what has already been stated that a specific date and definitive rules are necessary for me to make any sort of decision on whether I would want to or be able to attend this event. As it stands now with only the information presented so far, the answer is flatly, "No."

imadancefreakincolumbus
Standard
Standard

Post by imadancefreakincolumbus » Mon Nov 21, 2005 1:51 pm

will be reposted later

FLAKK
Heavy
Heavy

Post by FLAKK » Sun Nov 27, 2005 12:56 pm

post this on kyddr.net. i bet you could get some more people from KY other than LilTT to show up (the more, the better).
Yea, I'm like Mother Teresa, except I pwn.