prot0man
Beginner
Beginner

LEXIS-NEXUS SPONSORED BY RED OCTANE LEXINGTON KY 11/12/05

Post by prot0man » Mon Oct 03, 2005 3:33 pm

SPONSORED BY RED OCTANE
Entry fee: 10$
Date: 11/12/05
TIME: 12pm - ? (maybe till around 6 or 7?)
Location: The University of Kentucky Student center (in the cat's den). A google map can be found at http://maps.google.com/maps?q=limestone ... 1288&hl=en
It's right off of Rose street, and there is a parking lot that isn't patrolled on weekends that you can park in.
If you have any questions regarding the location, contact Sean King at 5026002014.

Divisions: Standard and Heavy.
The tournament is double elimination.
Sandbagging: We reserve the right to place you in a different division based on your performance

Prize distrobution: Depends on how many people come, but I'd say it'd probably be around 40%/20%/10%. Since we are now being sponsored by red octane, we also have some of their stuff to give away. We may raffle raffle a few prizes.

Mods: Speed mods are legal. Solo is only allowed if both players want to use it. Reverse is allowed (if you're really that much of a masochist). Other than that, no turn mods.

Scoring: The raw score for each player will be calculated using the equation (Perfects * 2) + (Greats * 1) + (OK * 2). You are not penalized for misses or goods.

The higher seed picks the first song and the pad. If after two matches there is a tie, then the third song will be random, and a dice will be rolled to determine which turn mod both players will have to use on the song.

The people that make it to that last match of the tournament will play a non-stop course (random caprice) to decide who the winner of the tournament is. The player with the most points in the non-stop course wins.

The use of 10 footers will be banned for a certain amount of time. This will all depend on how many people show up, but for now, I'll say until the second tier of the tournament (when everyone has played or bi-passed two matches).

Also, Pump it Up will be on freeplay, and there should be a few console game stations set up with other Rhythm and Dance games.

prot0man
Beginner
Beginner

Post by prot0man » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:49 pm

updated

imadancefreakincolumbus
Standard
Standard

Post by imadancefreakincolumbus » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:11 am

i might be there i have to see