Tricoro

beatmania, beatmaniaIIDX, beatmania III

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: Tricoro

Post by Merk » Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:54 am

Is it... is it better than TROOPERS? That was a pretty good scratch chart, I thought the scratches were tastefully done.

ImuyumI
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum

Post by ImuyumI » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:42 pm

Merk wrote:Is it... is it better than TROOPERS? That was a pretty good scratch chart, I thought the scratches were tastefully done.
Yeah, but that meant you actually listen to the rest of TROOPERS, which I can't stand.

Merk

Post by Merk » Sat Dec 22, 2012 10:46 am

Yeah Troopers (the mix) had its moments but I'd agree that it was overall a pretty poor mix music-wise.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Sat Dec 22, 2012 11:23 pm

I think he was talking about the section after the intro of the song TROOPERS, which, I agree, is not very fun to listen too. I barely play that song because of that.
I do enjoy Plan 8 more than TROOPERS because it is more fun to listen to and the scratches work just as well.

In terms of the Troopers (15) IIDX mix, I wouldn't really say it's poor. In fact, I like most of the songs from it.
I secretly hate Do it!! Do it!!, though.

Also, it should be noted I am horrible at scratch charts. :oops:

ImuyumI

Post by ImuyumI » Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:48 am

Pokebis wrote:I think he was talking about the section after the intro of the song TROOPERS, which, I agree, is not very fun to listen too. I barely play that song because of that.
I do enjoy Plan 8 more than TROOPERS because it is more fun to listen to and the scratches work just as well.

In terms of the Troopers (15) IIDX mix, I wouldn't really say it's poor. In fact, I like most of the songs from it.
I secretly hate Do it!! Do it!!, though.

Also, it should be noted I am horrible at scratch charts. :oops:
Pokebis is right. I hate the song TROOPERS after the scratching (which DJ Mass Mad Izm had helped with), but I hate DES-*** tracks for the most part. I perfer his D-Crew stuff.

The mix for Troopers I really like, so I don't know what Merk's problem is with it. I actually liked how Seiya Murai incorporated some gun clicking as the drum beats in the beginning of The Trigger of Innocense. Also, it has Wanna Party?, which is funnily, one of my favorite RAM tracks of all time.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Fri Jan 04, 2013 4:40 pm

merk plz answer

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jan 07, 2013 10:42 pm

I dunno I just wasn't a big of Troopers! I mean, I still like the game and I play the mix just like any other of the console releases but I feel like there were a lot more gimmicky/shitty charts accompanied by not the best music which I realize is purely subjective.

I feel like the songs are polarized between great and really shitty with more of the latter than the former which is compounded in Troopers by the fact that the harder charts (11+) are mostly the songs I don't like. I play the harder shit much, much more often than the easier stuff so you can see why my opinion is framed in a way where I think Troopers is poopy. To name specifics, here's the songs I don't like on Troopers:

Do it!! Do it!!
four pieces of heaven
STEEL NEEDLE
Pluto
Saturn
Paranoia Hades
All the 5-key shit

Don't get me wrong, there's a lot of shit I do like:

Brainstorm
Hell Scaper remix
Vox up (chart sucks but I like the song)
Mental Meltdown
Blue Rain
Troopers

Like every other BEET mix, everything else falls into different shades of mediocre. I'll admit it's hard to separate the chart from the song in my mind so my opinion of a song is at least a little bit influenced by its chart.

To Troopers' credit this mix did introduce black anothers which I thought was pretty cool! The Troopers black anothers were all way too hard for me but I think the black anothers in Empress were all fabulously well done and it's a God damn shame console BEET had to die right when black anothers got introduced. The possibility of Konami revisiting old school BEET charts and upping their difficulty to be on par with the newer mix was pretty exciting!

You can all disregard my opinion however since I'm still stuck in console BEET land while everyone else is playing arcade versions and shit.