Boo

beatmania, beatmaniaIIDX, beatmania III

Moderator: Moderators

mouseish
Standard
Standard

Re: Boo

Post by mouseish » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:07 am

i like doubles charts on DDR better, feel they are more fun. personal preference and all though

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:45 am

Merk wrote:I'm going to state the obvious here and say that DDR and ITG are literally the same game.
Holy shit yes. I'm tired of people comparing the two like they're somehow totally different games. I've played a significant amount of each, and the games are no different short of a UI. Hit arrows accurately to j-pop.

mouseish
Standard
Standard

Post by mouseish » Mon Sep 26, 2011 12:22 pm

personal preference and all

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Mon Sep 26, 2011 5:26 pm

personally prefer to hit arrows carelessly to speeedcooore.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro8RuMjxFBs
(yes the first 19 has been passed)

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:31 pm

MonMotha wrote:I'm hoping to visit on Tuesday and hopefully fix the GXS Pump It Up machine, assuming I can locally source any needed parts (and figure out what's wrong with the darned monitor).
It's working again. I turned it down slightly since it was indeed overly loud.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon Sep 26, 2011 11:38 pm

Thank you!

mouseish
Standard
Standard

Post by mouseish » Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:19 am

The ITG we had at Purdue was a 1st US --> 3rd korean --> max2 --> extreme --> ITG2 conversion.

it was a frustrating experience to hit arrows on DDR EX with a machine that old/neglected...ITG was a nightmare

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Sep 27, 2011 1:55 pm

Yeah at IU we had a 3rd mix for-fucking-ever at the student union and then an Extreme when I came here as a Freshman. Two years later it became an R2 ITG2 and no one played it. Now I have no idea where it is but I think it's an Extreme now in the Foster Hall student lounge with a broken coin mech.

Good luck playing at Foster without getting laughed at!

mouseish
Standard
Standard

Post by mouseish » Tue Sep 27, 2011 8:29 pm

purdue got their shit together and got their arcade op to put in a supernova when it was holy crap new....but its HDD died a few weeks in and it was down for a month. After that, I think it stayed working though.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Wed Sep 28, 2011 2:34 am

mouseish wrote:The ITG we had at Purdue was a 1st US --> 3rd korean --> max2 --> extreme --> ITG2 conversion.
mouseish wrote:purdue got their shit together and got their arcade op to put in a supernova when it was holy crap new....but its HDD died a few weeks in and it was down for a month. After that, I think it stayed working though.
I feel like I'm missing something here.

Also speaking of 3rd mix, I gave you my jank 3rd mix marquee, right? I just realized I don't remember what I did with it.

mouseish
Standard
Standard

Post by mouseish » Wed Sep 28, 2011 12:10 pm

When purdue swapped the max2 out for extreme (or vice versa...summer 05) they took it from merrillville, IN inman's. That was a 1st --> 3rd --> whatever (max2 o i think) conversion. Then they put a boxor in it and the pads cried even harder.

Also, the supernova machine may not have been down a month when new, exaggerations. it was down when it was new for a little bit because of what someone said was a dead hdd.

Also, yes Guy actually has the 3rd mix marquee at the moment. I passed it on to him when I moved to Chicago

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Wed Sep 28, 2011 5:39 pm

mouseish wrote:When purdue swapped the max2 out for extreme (or vice versa...summer 05) they took it from merrillville, IN inman's. That was a 1st --> 3rd --> whatever (max2 o i think) conversion. Then they put a boxor in it and the pads cried even harder.

Also, the supernova machine may not have been down a month when new, exaggerations. it was down when it was new for a little bit because of what someone said was a dead hdd.

Also, yes Guy actually has the 3rd mix marquee at the moment. I passed it on to him when I moved to Chicago
I don't particularly remember, so I'll just go with what you said.

Also, here's another relevant photo from the archives:

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Sep 29, 2011 8:12 am

I don't know who any of those people are but I feel like I've seen the guy on the right somewhere before. Does anyone have the Bloomington equivalent of this picture? The one with young Kyrer, Chad, and some other dude.

LikeableRodent

Post by LikeableRodent » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:00 am

Merk wrote:I don't know who any of those people are but I feel like I've seen the guy on the right somewhere before.
The guy on the right is Tim. He went to Purdue for two years then transfered to a school up in Chicago. We first met when he took a pilgrimage to Fort Wayne to play IIDX, so it's possible you saw him then.

I forgot the names of the other two people.

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:02 am

I was banned at the time so I don't think it would have been there. Maybe he was at a DDR-A-Thon?

It's possible he just looks like someone that I know.