Yay

beatmania, beatmaniaIIDX, beatmania III

Moderator: Moderators

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Re: Yay

Post by Pokebis » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:22 pm

This is the chart. I think it's just an easy one because there are still some 7s that I can't pass.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:52 pm

Dang that chart definitely didn't look like a walk in the park. Chad and Riot probably could not pass it so good job!

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Sep 13, 2011 3:05 pm

I couldn't. In fairness, I never play IIDX anymore. I'd love to do that fun mod that lets you play PS2 games on the DMX machine.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Tue Sep 13, 2011 10:01 pm

I just noticed that song is in more Bemani games than The Least 100 Seconds now because it's in Jubeat and Reflec Beat now. Hm.
Also I didn't expect you guys to say it looked hard. I can't think of any other 9s that I can pass (although I don't dare play too many). The patterns are pretty steady so that might have something to do with it. And I think it was a WHOA I GOT 80% ordeal at the end. I A so many songs and still fail at the end now. :(

And smooooch hyper is fixed to specifically not let me pass now matter how well I do. I swear.

What are some other easy 9s?

EDIT: Just passed another 9. THANK YOU FOR PLAYING!! on Hyper. Got a B this time around.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Sep 14, 2011 8:55 am

Sank you foh..... praying.

It's hard for me to say which 9s are easy and which 9s are not. Not to sound like I'm tooting my own horn here but when they switched over to the new 1-12 difficulty scale in Happy Sky I was beginning to clear 11s so relatively to me all 9s were AAA fodder.

Using this as a reference -- http://textage.cc/score/index.html?s911B00 some easy 9s IMO would be:

King of Groove [a] This song is I believe the same thing over and over note-wise for the whole song
Ixion
Love Shine [7] If you can do steady 8th-note chord rhythms then this will be easy
Mind Mapping [a]

If you can't clear these don't worry about it, stick to clearing all the 8s and playing them on random. I can't stress enough how important random is when you're first starting to break into a new difficulty. Random random random.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:54 pm

Been passing a bunch more 9s. Think I'm getting steadily better. I'm relieved I can finally do shit like Red Zone and not look horrible. I can't play at very high speed mods, though, which might hurt me later on.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:38 am

Good job! Red Zone is pretty tricky and have a heck of a time trying to AAA it. Keep playing that shit and you'll break into 10s in no time.

Don't worry about which high speed you use so much and instead try to find that sweet spot where you can still sight-read notes and there's enough space between notes so charts don't look like a jumbled clusterfuck. Do you use Sudden+? I use a combination of Sudden+ and speed mods and it helps a ton. I'm not sure if Lunatic Rave has this or not, but when you use Sudden+ there should be a green number next to the "Sudden+" number or whatever you want to call it. The green number tells you what your effective scroll rate is - your goal should be to find the number that is perfect for you and to play every song with that effective scroll rate.

I know that probably sounds confusing as hell if you've never seen it but once you figure it out you'll wonder how you played this game any other way.

As a point of reference my preferred scroll rate on the console layout (only one player's side is shown with the song's video taking up half the screen) of Beet is 277 and 315 on the arcade layout (both 1P and 2P side is shown with song videos in the middle). From a cursory glance at Youtube it looks like Lunatic Rave uses the console layout so hey that's awesome.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:59 pm

I'm not exactly sure what you're talking about, but I can make it a CS or an AC layout and I'm using the AC layout since I'm on a nice 23' 1920x1080 screen. I use the console layout on the console like you.
I do have Sudden+ on and I don't know what green number you're talking about, but when I hold start it says 020. I took a screenshot for you so maybe you could point out what you're talking about.

Also, it rescaled the image for some reason, it has a widescreen layout, I guess LR2 just takes pictures funny.
Here

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:28 pm

That's weird, it looks like LR does things differently. Here's a good shot of what I'm talking about:

The white number is how much Sudden+ you're using. The more of the lane you're covering the larger this number is and hopefully Lunatic Rave acts this way as well.

The green number is the effective scroll rate; you want this number to be the same for every song you play. This number is based off of your high speed setting, the amount Sudden+, and the song's BPM.

Which console Beet games do you have?

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Mon Sep 19, 2011 3:34 pm

I have burned copies of 11-16 right now as well as the premium disk. I have a sows account so obtaining them is of little concern. I don't play console much, though, because I don't have a good setup spot and play it on a TV slightly larger than my PSP screen and I set the controller on my bed so I have to lean forward. Pretty ghetto.
My other TVs in the house are an LCD and a giant plasma, but the plasma is downstairs where my parents live and the LCD is mounted in the wall in a strange place and it takes me forever to adjust the settings to make up for the display lag. Don't have a good place to set my controller.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Tue Sep 20, 2011 5:05 pm

Tried some CS today on the mini-tv and found that it's a bit easier to read and the timing seems looser (have it on Normal 3, Empress). I still had to lean over my bed, though, which leads to some silly combo breaks.
I was playing through some of the courses until a song didn't load. I think it's really lame that the burns can't be perfect and some songs send it into a loading loop. :(

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:08 am

Yeah I am super super particular about my Beet setup and I've finally perfected it after like 5 years:

- 20" CRT Television
- 1 card table stolen from Chad OR a desk that only goes up to about a little bit past my belly button
- Standard office chair equipped with adjustable height in case the desk is dumb and tall
- Something to hold my controller in place to prevent it from sliding forward when scratching (a piece of wood works fine)

I can't play sitting down on the floor because it absolutely kills my back and standing up to play Beet at home is dumb. I'd take a picture but it'd be a crappy cell phone picture.

I go the HD Loader route to play my Beet back-ups and I've only had a single time where a song failed to load or the game crashed or whatever. The hard drive connector thingy came loose so it wasn't through the fault of the hard drive or image or anything like that. It's weird that the timing would be looser in CS Beet! Generally Bemani emulators are on Pump It Up timing.

mouseish
Standard
Standard

Post by mouseish » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:19 am

Merk wrote:standing up to play Beet at home is dumb
aww :(

I have stools that are too tall for my setup and chairs that are too low. So I stand while I play...but I'm just used to it from pop'n i think. I played sitting on a fut (the thing you put the fut "on" broke) and it was OK with a low table, but caused legs to cramp up after long play sessions:

I think standing up has worked best for me since it gives my elbows some wiggle room.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:26 am

Yeah standing up for Pop'n is essential I think. I pawned an Amazon Kindle for a Ransai but I've honestly never plugged it in once because holy shit is that game loud as fuck so I've never played the game outside of Ho's machine.

Don't get me wrong, there's nothing inherently bad about standing up while playing Beet at home but fuck standing up for hours at a time while playing a video game. If I wanted to do that I'd buy a Wii or a Kinect. I just want to zone out and speed up the arthritis process on the comfort of my own bottom.

Gosh dang do you have a TV for every game? I take it that Band Hero set is used for Drummania?

mouseish
Standard
Standard

Post by mouseish » Wed Sep 21, 2011 11:34 am

lol, yeah standing gets tiring after an hour or so, but usually we are playing with friends and taking turns so it works out. That particular pic is no longer the setup, it has been changed since the projection TV for IIDX died. The drums are indeed for drummania, though sync has always been a problem so it doesn't get much play.

Also, you can mod your buttons with a bit of old tshirt to make them half as loud and a lot less clacky. Best, you can do this without causing too much of a different feel. I suggest it if you want to get into pop'n but have neighbors.