Yay

beatmania, beatmaniaIIDX, beatmania III

Moderator: Moderators

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Yay

Post by Ho » Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:33 am

That sounds like when I try to bar rape a dance game.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:50 pm

Pokebis wrote:So I tried learning pinky style and I started playing worse.
Yeah that's going to happen - playing any differently than how you did before in any game will always be met with a poorer initial performance. Once you have to hit 3+ note chords with a syncopated turntable rhythm you'll be glad you have 3 other fingers to help out your right hand.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:49 pm

I kind of want to just feel other people's CS controllers because my turntable requires a good bit of pressure to spin and it only moves as much as you move it. idk if all CS controllers are like that or if mine is really stiff.
Also, pinkying feels good at some spots, but when it gets hectic I notice myself missing the chords AND the scratch which makes me feel pretty bad; making a motion with my hand and not getting any response from the game for it.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:29 am

It should take a little effort to move, you really don't want the turntable to be uber loose because it makes it a lot harder to do a stream of scratches with your pinky especially when you're doing chord streams and shit. Stick through the adjustment period and you'll be much better off down the road.

You should get on Ho's good side and we can all play poker and Beatmania at his house some weekend.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:40 pm

How close does he live to Bloomington? I've kind of wanted to go there based on videos I've seen, but feel like I'd be a bit intrusive just by asking things like that.
Also, my parents are unaware of the existence of sites like this so I'd have to explain.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:45 pm

Haha. He lives a good 80 miles away from Bloomington and you sort of have to make a day trip out of it.

Besides you have to be granted permission by the seven great sages of indyDDR before you can step foot in to the Bemani Bordello.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:53 pm

Are there even seven of them still alive?

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:55 pm

Yes but only a few of them still actively post. Obviously I am one of the sages.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:59 pm

An invite generally requires that you complete two criteria:

1) meet me
2) don't be a dick

You can sometimes get a pass on #1 if you come with someone I have invited that vouches for you. There are some people whom I have first met in my own home, but I generally do not consider that an ideal scenario.

#2 is non-negotiable and is the best way to never be invited or to not be invited back.

Merk likes to tread on #2, so I wouldn't recommend him to be the one to vouch for you. ;)

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:07 pm

Brian I am probably your best friend so I'm allowed to be disagreeable.

If you don't fit the criteria don't take it personal, Riot never gets invited and he's an incredibly nice guy IRL and he has met Brian a bunch of times.

Can Mawx vouch for you?

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:14 pm

Merk, you are a bigoted liar. We already covered this.

I barely know Riot. He's seemed fine the handful of times I've seen him, but he can be a dick online...though you are worse. And yes, that counts. Mostly we just don't interact that much, so he's not really on my radar for an invite. V vouched for him the one time I remember him coming over.

I don't know who Mawx is.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:27 pm

I have not been mean on the internet since 2007 ever since I achieved puberty.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:39 pm

Riot is only a dick to people that honestly deserve derision. I mean come on, Wolfen was asking for it and AllusiveGold was a much bigger asshole than anyone else here ever was sans Casey. I am literally the nicest guy ever so calling me a dick is an obvious troll but I understand you have to keep up with your shtick.

Mawx is a dude in Bloomington who plays dancing games. I've run in to him once or twice at GXS and he's posted here a couple of times. He could possibly vouch for Pokebis (whom I have never met) since they both post here.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:41 pm

Riot wrote:I have not been mean on the internet since 2007 ever since I achieved puberty.
You see how the fuck can you not laugh at this? Riot is a neat guy and you need to let whatever slight he's given you go the way of the Dodo. I know he didn't give you top marks in a freestyle competition but come on, that's a dumb reason to dislike someone.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Aug 22, 2011 3:44 pm

How can a random person vouch for a random person? That carries no weight at all!