FAVORITE BEET MOMENT

beatmania, beatmaniaIIDX, beatmania III

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

FAVORITE BEET MOMENT

Post by Merk » Wed Jan 20, 2010 9:08 am

Guys it's the early work morning and it's slow.

I was thinking about Beat for some reason, and pondered my favorite moment of Beat. And you know what? My favorite Beat moment is probably the jacks at the end Scripted Connection [A].

It's a bit hard to describe, but you see, my left hand sucks when it comes to prolonged jackhammers like that, so I bring my right hand over to try and hit the jacks and smash my left hand back onto the controller for the chords during that sequence. To me that sequence is really fun since no matter what the random is I have to play a little unorthodox.

What happened to that jappy note chart site? The Bemanistyle iidx notecharts mysteriously omit Scripted Connection [A], otherwise I'd point out the measures I'm talking about. But anyone who knows the game probably knows what I'm talking about anyway.

What is your favorite Beat moment? Notechart, accomplishment, song, anything.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: FAVORITE BEET MOMENT

Post by Ho » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:24 am

I like the blinky lights.

But I think my favorite beet moment was experiencing a properly adjusted bass shaker for the first time. Mmm...vibrate-y goodness. Skyscraper and Fake Time are two of my faves in that department.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Jan 20, 2010 10:46 pm

An active chart database is available on http://www.textage.cc/score/index.html?a011B00 as the old hibroad database got yanked quite a while ago. The jackhammers on Scripted Connection A Mix Another was definitely some wild stuff back in the day.

In terms of a favorite beat moment, I'd have to think it would be playing The Last Striker and Hellscaper -Last Escape Remix- on DJ Troopers.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Jan 22, 2010 4:04 pm

BASS SHAKER RATTLES MY SOULLLLLLLLL!

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Jan 22, 2010 5:04 pm

TIME TO KILL--

PARTY PEEPOOOOOOOO!

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Fri Jan 22, 2010 9:17 pm

THE PART WHEN I GET STAR POWER AND ROCK OUT : )

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:19 pm

The part where everybody goes "OMFG, SIRIUS'S BOSS SONG RIPPED OFF DJMAX."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1nD3O6ELx0o (Skip to 2:39)
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Feb 01, 2010 10:45 pm

Another good beet moment: One More Lovely Another, non-random, that fucking part after the intro where it's just a 16th stream of notes that you can alternate between hands. It's really really fast and really easy to score on. It makes you feel like you're actually good at the game until of course the middle and end of the song. Seriously, OML's ending is unbelievably retarded.

Speaking of which, why is it that shit like Mendes gets a black another? The song is already an incredibly difficult boss song on another, why make it even harder? It sucks because you have songs out there from the older styles that could really use a black another to be on par with the current difficulty of the game. Hell some songs back then didn't even have an another! Step it up Konami. Empress did a better job with black anothers than Troopers though that's for sure - shit was way too hard on Troopers.

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Tue Feb 02, 2010 4:30 pm

Hitch Hiker.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Feb 02, 2010 5:58 pm

SoDeepPolaris wrote:Hitch Hiker.
1 or 2?

Be specific.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Feb 04, 2010 2:52 pm

Merk wrote:Another good beet moment: One More Lovely Another, non-random, that fucking part after the intro where it's just a 16th stream of notes that you can alternate between hands. It's really really fast and really easy to score on. It makes you feel like you're actually good at the game until of course the middle and end of the song. Seriously, OML's ending is unbelievably retarded.

Speaking of which, why is it that shit like Mendes gets a black another? The song is already an incredibly difficult boss song on another, why make it even harder? It sucks because you have songs out there from the older styles that could really use a black another to be on par with the current difficulty of the game. Hell some songs back then didn't even have an another! Step it up Konami. Empress did a better job with black anothers than Troopers though that's for sure - shit was way too hard on Troopers.
Indeed. A 200 bpm doubleroll is pretty evil. Either it has to be BS'd by just treating it like chords, work up to that speed, or just use one hand to hit keys 1 and 7 and the other hand to hit keys 3 and 5.

As for Mendes Black Another, I'm convinced that it was made specifically for the people who were in the Top Ranker tournaments like Lifull and Dolce.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:57 pm

learning to play on Beatmania US :D.......Ok so that sucked, the only song I enjoyed on it all in all was Love is Dreaminess.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Feb 15, 2010 9:45 am

Yeah I'd say the most fun parts of any music game are after the initial learning curve where you can start doing the easy shit with relative ease but the medium difficulty stuff is just out of reach. You get frustrated, but at the same time you can tangibly see your skill grow and every new song you pass is a new little personal victory and it motivates you to play.
Last edited by Merk on Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Izco
Standard
Standard

Post by Izco » Wed Feb 17, 2010 12:03 am

I like the 2nd half of the slow part on Era (nostalmix) [a], nonrandom of course. Although it is hard to think of one, that's what comes to mind.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:36 pm

Izco wrote:I like the 2nd half of the slow part on Era (nostalmix) [a], nonrandom of course. Although it is hard to think of one, that's what comes to mind.
Ooh me too, that's one of my favorite songs.