FAVORITE BEET MOMENT

beatmania, beatmaniaIIDX, beatmania III

Moderator: Moderators

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Re: FAVORITE BEET MOMENT

Post by MonMotha » Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:53 pm

Having played I think all of the foot charts on BM3, I can assure you that having a foot pedal as a gameplay element on beatmania isn't really that great. I suspect there's a reason it died.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:22 am

The foot pedal lives on in EZ2DJ which has had a release as recently as last year. I saw several people playing it in Korea who were quite good at it and it was pretty impressive. I'm not sure, but I am under the impression that the pedal is optionally available in every song.

Personally, I was terrible at it and it caused me to fail songs that were otherwise not all that hard. I found the positioning of the pedal (which is similar to BMIII) to be somewhat awkward. I always felt off-balance standing at the machine in such a way that I could operate the pedal. Perhaps with more practice I could come to enjoy it...but I don't see myself having such an opportunity (nor am I highly motivated to create one).

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Thu Jan 05, 2012 9:40 am

I don't really mind the pedal in Beet III but I don't understand why Konami never made it a 7-key game - it really felt like a step backwards.

Merk

Post by Merk » Fri Jun 05, 2015 7:58 am

Ugh, you know what a shitty beet moment is?

Getting the most perfect random on Scripted Connection [a] and still failing with a 72% God damn it.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:47 pm

Damn... I have some good nostalgic memories of my college years learning this game. I don't think I ever really learned how to properly play this game and I wish I could know exactly how much time I spent mashing away at little buttons. Definitely the sweet spot in terms of fun-ness for this game is 10s and 11s. Whenever I look at the vast, vast majority of 12s I just shake my head and wonder how the freak people can pass them. The thought of playing to the point where I can barely pass 12s is a huge turn off

I got one of those full size arcade style 14-key DJ Dao controllers and dabbled a bit at 14-key... God damn that's a whole other beast and I love how basically no one plays 14-key yet it's an entire half of the content in Beet. I don't think I could ever sink any amount of significant time into 14-key lol I will forever be playing 4s and 5s on 14-key