IIDX Distorted Previews and Reviews

beatmania, beatmaniaIIDX, beatmania III

Moderator: Moderators

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:22 pm

By the way you seemed to not want to say the name of the site, I assumed it was some quasi-illegal site with wares or something. Of course I know what BemaniStyle is. And, as lgolem mentioned, it's much easier to type BemaniStyle than what you were typing.

Jizzon

Post by Jizzon » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:57 pm

danc1005 wrote:
Amp Divorax wrote:that really, really, really big Bemani website that I don't need to mention.
It's so annoying when you say that. Because I know a lot of people have no idea what you're talking about.
This is a good point, honestly...but it's also a perfect example of something that should have been a private message instead of an off-topic conversation starter. Please PM this kind of stuff in the future. It could have easily been addressed and amended under the radar instead of this. I'm posting this instead of sending a PM here only because several people (all with good arguments and valid points) have jumped in and derailed the thread a bit.

Distorted...hmmm...well....

It's good. The songlist is already very epic and memorable for me, and there are still songs I have yet to play. The bonuses like the CS exclusives and hidden songs are just fantastic, along with the customizations yet again. The only things that really bug me are the mode select screen and music. They're just...horrendous. I'm wincing thinking about it. It's like a hot date that shares your interests and everything, but has a hideous laugh. Oh well, nothing's perfect. It's still excellent, and a great addition to the venerable series.
People too weak to follow their own dreams will always find a way to discourage others.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Sat Sep 01, 2007 9:12 pm

Well, while they had valid points, they also act a bit like fuckwads about it, which is all I say about the whole thing.

As for timing, from what I've DistorteD may be a couple of milliseconds eariler. I will say that some of the scores I'm getting from Normal are pretty insane, but they line up with how my precision has improved. (I am still in shock about getting over 97% on a song though.)

One thing I will say though is that if somebody wants to see something frightening, take a look at the scores from Dolce.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!