LunaticRave: IIDX Sims have finally evolved!

beatmania, beatmaniaIIDX, beatmania III

Moderator: Moderators

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

LunaticRave: IIDX Sims have finally evolved!

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Jul 08, 2007 8:39 pm

Ok, for the longest time I was substansially unimpressed with the IIDX simulators out there. Recently though, I got to take a look at LunaticRave and after I got it to work (gotta love using Japanese programs) what I saw was very promising for a newer project. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3IosBnanKZU has a good example video of the Arcade Gold Skin (There are also 4:3 console skins available for those who lack widescreen monitors) and a truckload of information about setting this program up on the forums of that freakin huge Bemani website that I don't really need to mention.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:03 pm

Video looked awesome, I might have to look into this seeing as I don't have a way of playing imports right now and I'd like to expand on my IIDX skills, which is pretty hard to do with just the US release =(

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:31 pm

Yea, the big bemani site has official and original simfile links on it so you will have a good selection. The main thing is that I'm trying to work on is matching the Arcade Timing Window as much as possible.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:25 am

I tried this out and cannot get it to work...if someone somehow finds a way to get it to work let me know how to do so.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Jul 09, 2007 1:49 am

I got it working with no problems. Did you follow the instructions they gave on there about setting up applocale and the proper font packs?

One thing that is bothering me is that the simfiles I got have the judgement set to easy so I can't uniformly set them in terms of timing so I am going to have to go through manually with a BMS editor and fix that problem.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:45 am

Amp Divorax wrote:I got it working with no problems. Did you follow the instructions they gave on there about setting up applocale and the proper font packs?
I didn't see any instructions...I saw DOWNLOAD LunaticRave here..and it sent me to one of those sites like mega upload. No instructions at all

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Jul 10, 2007 8:51 am

http://www.bemanistyle.com/forum/f94/ge ... ave-15026/

I'm debating doing a fraps capture of the stuff I got as most vids honestly don't look that good (some of the vids are sub-30 fps which drives me nuts when the game was designed to run at 60 fps.) and as I have altered the timing to approximate the arcade timing window it would make for some good tetsujins using original simfiles.
Memorable 2016 quotes: