beatmania, beatmaniaIIDX, beatmania III

Moderator: Moderators

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

IIDX Gold AC hardware spec changes

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:09 pm

Recently I have been looking into the hardware involved with IIDX Gold and found that there were a few changes.

First, the game still runs on a PC based setup, however it is no longer using Konami's Bemani PC hardware. According to those who were at the Naperville location test the hardware is now based on the Taito Type X, which I have to think was done probably either as a cost cutting measure or to get more processing power if they are using the X+ or X2 hardware.

Also, in a even more surprising development is that apparently the new versions have a DVI hookup which is very surprising to me. Too bad getting this upgrade kit from Japan is a pain in the ass, or I'd bet that Ho would probably snag one in a heartbeat.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Tue Jun 19, 2007 6:51 pm

Given that the game is supposedly officially distributed in the USA, you may well be able to call up Betson and order an upgrade kit (for many $$$, of course). They seem to have no qualms about upgrading all of the JP DDR machines out there to SN, so I can't imagine they'd be unwilling to sell you an upgrade kit for IIDX. Failing that, just say you need parts :)
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: IIDX Gold AC hardware spec changes

Post by Ho » Tue Jun 19, 2007 8:56 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:According to those who were at the Naperville location test the hardware is now based on the Taito Type X, which I have to think was done probably either as a cost cutting measure or to get more processing power if they are using the X+ or X2 hardware.
I don't know anything about the Taito hardware you mention, but it could be that they're trying to move to a more secure platform since Bemani PC has obviously been hacked and pirated all to heck.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Jun 20, 2007 12:26 am

Well, IIDX Gold hasn't been officially released in the US and it might not be cause there's not enough demand from arcade owners apparently so getting the upgrade kit might not be that easy. As for Gold being more secure I don't know if it is or not as it doesn't look like the programming for the game was substansially changed much. The only thing that would possibly be altered is to make it work properly with DirectX9.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Jul 22, 2007 4:05 pm

Ok, this is a worthwhile doublepost on here.

First, IIDX Gold WILL be coming out in the US at the end of the year!!!

Also, as of Gold and Supernova 2, the US will also finally get E-Amuse!!!! (F*CK YEA!!!)

Things are getting very good. Now if only Konami would get affordable upgrade kits out there for this.
Memorable 2016 quotes: