lgolems stupid question

beatmania, beatmaniaIIDX, beatmania III

Moderator: Moderators

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:37 am

seems like the best route for the ability to play beatmania and pop n would be the Jap PS2

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Jun 19, 2007 12:48 am

Well, that depends on what type of PStwo you have. For the fat PStwo using the Indy Exploit with CD Loader allows for you to load up PStwo backups with no problems. (Albeit you will have to use a butterknife or Slidecard to swap out the legit PS2 CD/DVD for the backup of choice which does make people a little bit squeamish.) In the case of the slimline I've heard the the Indy exploit also works if one of the sensors is covered or something, but I have not had the chance to investigate that as my PStwo is Japanese and I don't have any JP PSone games. The one solution that will work hands down though for slimlines is to use a magic switch or flip top along with swap magic.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Tue Dec 04, 2007 11:33 am

Yay, another dumb question...

Is the timing window pretty accurate on Be-Pachi Music??

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:45 pm

The sim timing windows are wider than the CS version. Some of them allow for timing adjustments, but I strongly recommend using sims only for 3rd party simfiles. (Of note being the Air notechart I found that has to be the most hardcore thing I have ever seen.)
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Dec 04, 2007 7:48 pm

Can't say for sure since I've never used it myself with a console controller, but odds are it's not arcade, or console for that matter, perfect. You could always download IIDX Gold and get that working, albeit buggy, program that lets you add songs to the songlist if you want to play custom stuff. You can find both with some forum mining.

But anyway, if it feels off then it's more than likely a bit off. As a rule of thumb I'd just stick to console releases since it's already perfect and no need to fuss with nitty gritty timing settings, adapters, monitors, USB overclocking, etc.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Feb 04, 2008 6:18 am

Ok, so at Ho's and on Merk's Vids, there when they play there is this kinda like a bar chart on the side...how the hell do you get that on there, I have searched through what seems like all options on HS and Distorted and can't figure it out.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Feb 04, 2008 12:25 pm

It's on anything on Red and after.

When selecting a song press and hold start to go into the Mod select screen (where you set High-Speed, sudden+, etc). There should be a small, fairly unnoticeible box with a bunch of Japanese moon language in it below the Mod menu. Move the turntable to highlight that box and hit a white key to select it, select any other option than the default option to get that graph to show while you play.

That's pretty much how you do it, you may have to select somewhere in this sequence. Just play around while in the mod menu and you'll get it.

SplashBeats
Beginner
Beginner

Post by SplashBeats » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:03 am

many strong men speak highly of LunaticRave and nazoBMplay. both of these are fully in japanese, require a lot of effort to get working, but do the damn thing well.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Feb 14, 2008 5:36 pm

SplashBeats wrote:many strong men speak highly of LunaticRave and nazoBMplay. both of these are fully in japanese, require a lot of effort to get working, but do the damn thing well.
Ya do that damn thing.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:08 pm

LunaticRave is my preference in the sims cause you can adjust the timing, albeit I do wish that they would follow milliseconds.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:55 pm

Any idea where I can get a hold of background videos off IIDX? I really REALLY like the background video to LAB and want it. :D

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:25 pm

Didn't bemanistyle have those at one point?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:32 pm

So I finally figured out how to use my janky Swap Magic 3.6 I've had for 2 years and always figured it was broken (It's part of this shady CD called Ultimate Collection from pscover.com I think which apparently is notorious. The actual CD spins and makes a huge grinding noise when trying to play and always gives a disc read error, have to put a plastic cd thing you find on top of burnable discs in the stack on top of the disc in the tray to weigh it down lol..).

Anyways, so I figured it out and I got it to play a JP copy of Beatmania 10th style. I got it to play a song, but on 2 songs it froze up and the song did not load. I could change the effector still, but no song or video would load and it would just hang there. Any ideas?

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Feb 25, 2008 7:45 pm

What DVDRs did you burned it to?

I usually follow http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm in terms of what DVD media to purchase. 3rd and 4th class media doesn't work worth a shit and 2nd class isn't good for games using video.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Mon Feb 25, 2008 8:31 pm

I've always used TDK DVDs for burning, and I've never had an issue with them.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?