Congrats Ho

beatmania, beatmaniaIIDX, beatmania III

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Congrats Ho

Post by Merk » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:36 pm

Congratulations on your purchase of a slightly used IIDX arcade cabinent!

A couple questions:

How much was Putt-Putt asking for it? I thought about buying it but I never got an asking price from them when I was there over Thanksgiving break.

Are you going to put another style on it? For whatever reason Putt-Putt never upgraded to a better style after they got the machine in like 2002, Ft. Wayne was always stuck with 4th Style.

Are you getting a better TV for it? I'm sure you knew when you bought the machine that the TV caused quite a bit of lag. Do you have plans to get a more appropriate TV?

Thanks and congratulations. Putt-Putt will probably go ahead now and make efforts to get a Drummania machine to replace Beatmania

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:17 pm

:shock:

Ho, I'm raiding your basement.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:05 pm

WhiteDragon wrote::shock:

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sun Dec 10, 2006 8:16 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:

UnLiMiTeDmAxX
Standard
Standard

Post by UnLiMiTeDmAxX » Sun Dec 10, 2006 9:31 pm

I know how much he payed for it, but I'm not going to say because it isn't my place. I also know that PP has no plans of getting any games anytime soon. They just got 2 redemption games. Stacker, which I've already won an MP3 player on. It's from the makers of Lighthouse, but he put somewhat better prizes in it. They also got some basketball game. There are 12 hoops that rotate and you drop the token in, and whatever number it lands in, that's how many tickets you get.
ImageImage
ImageImage

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:18 pm

OrangeLounger wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote:

Ho, I'm raiding your buttcheeks.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:18 pm

Riot wrote:
OrangeLounger wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Congrats Ho

Post by Ho » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:13 am

Merk wrote:Congratulations on your purchase of a slightly used IIDX arcade cabinent!
Thank you...though "slightly" may be a slight understatement. ;) I've done a ton of cleanup work on it...and there's still quite a bit left. I'll make a more complete posting about this later.

A couple questions:
Merk wrote:How much was Putt-Putt asking for it? I thought about buying it but I never got an asking price from them when I was there over Thanksgiving break.
Asking price was $1500. It was a heckuva deal, but it will require some repair work, a lot of cleaning, and a new monitor...all of which will certainly up the total costs in both time and money.
UnLiMiTeDmAxX wrote:I know how much he payed for it, but I'm not going to say because it isn't my place.
Thanks, Shannon. I appreciate your discretion. While I normally dont volunteer or advertise such information, I generally don't mind sharing that sort of thing if someone asks me directly.
Merk wrote:Are you going to put another style on it? For whatever reason Putt-Putt never upgraded to a better style after they got the machine in like 2002, Ft. Wayne was always stuck with 4th Style.
Maybe. I mean, I'd like to, but it will be a matter of what I can find and for how much.

If nothing else, I'll be looking into connecting the PS2 and turning the cabinet into "the world's largest ASC." :P I'll want to do that anyway, so I can keep using VJ Army since Remy specifies that scores are supposed to be CS-only.
Merk wrote:Are you getting a better TV for it? I'm sure you knew when you bought the machine that the TV caused quite a bit of lag. Do you have plans to get a more appropriate TV?
Already did. I did not take the TV that has been connected to the machine for the past few months. I actually went out and tested 6-8 TVs at Circuit City and Best Buy over the weekend to find one with as little lag as possible. Any digital set (which is about all I can readily get in that size these days) is going to have some degree of lag, but I wanted to minimize it as much as possible.

I'll post more detail about this later, also. But to answer the question, I settled on a JVC 40" LCD flat panel. Lag is approximately 1-1.5 frames. I didn't have any trouble getting used to it and was able to Just Great songs within my first set of play.
Merk wrote:Thanks and congratulations. Putt-Putt will probably go ahead now and make efforts to get a Drummania machine to replace Beatmania
Thanks, and...um, thanks! :) I'll definitely come up to check out Drummania whenever they get it. But don't worry, I don't have any desire to buy it--not that they'd probably want to sell it so soon after getting it anyway. I actually prefer playing the CS versions with an electronic drum set where you can position the drums in a more natural arrangement and use "springier" bass pedal to more easily get the fast bass hits.

And you'll have to come visit the machine (and me), Merk, since your name is all over it anyway. ;)
OrangeLounger wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote:

Two out of three of you have already been there, and I'm always happy to have friends over. All of these games are much more fun in a group.
WhiteDragon wrote:
Riot wrote:
OrangeLounger wrote:
Umm...I'm not sure how to respond to that. Though I truly hope you're not expecting to find the IIDX machine there! :shock:

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Dec 11, 2006 1:33 pm

Ho wrote:
OrangeLounger wrote:
Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Two out of three of you have already been there, and I'm always happy to have friends over. All of these games are much more fun in a group.
Well maybe we should have a Ho Down at the Ho House :wink:

Jeff Jeff Revolution
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Jeff Jeff Revolution » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:29 pm

lgolem wrote: Well maybe we should have a Ho Down at the Ho House :wink:
Incredible New Year's party, anyone?
ShammerS wrote:Nice cookies, Jeff.
BigBadOrc wrote:boop
Fun fact: only 3 posts at IndyDDR.com contain the word "boop."

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:52 pm

I probably am the 2nd most paying IIDX player to that machine behind Merk, therefore I should be granted joint custody over my baby.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:59 pm

Riot wrote:I probably am the 2nd most paying IIDX player to that machine behind Merk, therefore I should be granted joint custody over my baby.
Wait...are you claiming custody of one of my buttcheeks?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:01 pm

Ho wrote:
Riot wrote:I probably am the 2nd most paying IIDX player to that machine behind Merk, therefore I should be granted joint custody over my baby.
:wink:

I've put the 2nd most tokens into the IIDX machine, and probably the 2nd most tokens into your buttcheeks too. Coincidence?

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:11 pm

Riot wrote:
Ho wrote:
:wink:

I've put the 2nd most tokens into the IIDX machine, and probably the 2nd most tokens into your buttcheeks too. Coincidence?
Awkward so you are saying that Ho's buttcheeks are fun as Beatmania....that is creepy that you know that...I expected it from Chad..
seeing how he has inspected and played with Riots

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Dec 11, 2006 8:09 pm

A few notes, the upgrades for 10th or newer are pretty expensive from what I've seen. Also, the main reason for Remy saying that the VJarmy is console games only is cause he has site for the arcade version up at http://lights2dx.net which covers 10th style and newer.

Also, I must personally call blastemphy for using a LCD screen on that setup cause I have never seen one that can properly deinterlace standard definition signals, but I will admit to being preferential towards my Sony CRT.

I wanna play on it! Please please lemme play! LOL.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!