12 Style - Happy Sky CS Announced

beatmania, beatmaniaIIDX, beatmania III

Moderator: Moderators

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Nov 05, 2006 10:37 am

Arka wrote:
Pheonixguy wrote:What the hell... i posted that after you did, because i read it before you posted. Yours says its at 1:31 in the morning saturday... :shock: :?: :?
Yeah, the forums were Not Quite Right In The Clock on Friday. The best part was, I couldn't post until 1:32 Saturday morning because... it was too soon after my last post! ;)
Riot wrote:We have 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and I speak american.
I would be shocked - shocked - if MonMotha lacked any of those mixes. ;)
But can you speak fluent American? And I bet all his are pirated! YARGHHH

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:05 pm

Riot wrote:
Arka wrote:
Pheonixguy wrote:What the hell... i posted that after you did, because i read it before you posted. Yours says its at 1:31 in the morning saturday... :shock: :?: :?
Yeah, the forums were Not Quite Right In The Clock on Friday. The best part was, I couldn't post until 1:32 Saturday morning because... it was too soon after my last post! ;)
Riot wrote:We have 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th, 11th and I speak american.
I would be confused if his are pirated, since I'm not sure why he would bother getting a PS2-J and then playing poor quality copies... and he's said several times on this forum that he has a PS2-J.

That said, he certainly has burned disk images of several of them as well, so maybe I'm just clueless in the ways of Pirate-fu. (Or maybe he is wiser than I and therefore wants to avoid the risk of damage to his originals.)

BTW, I updated my songlist. 5 CS originals! Yay! :roll:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:09 pm

Arka wrote:
Riot wrote:
Arka wrote: Yeah, the forums were Not Quite Right In The Clock on Friday. The best part was, I couldn't post until 1:32 Saturday morning because... it was too soon after my last post! ;)

I would be confused if his are pirated, since I'm not sure why he would bother getting a PS2-J and then playing poor quality copies... and he's said several times on this forum that he has a PS2-J.

That said, he certainly has burned disk images of several of them as well, so maybe I'm just clueless in the ways of Pirate-fu. (Or maybe he is wiser than I and therefore wants to avoid the risk of damage to his originals.)

BTW, I updated my songlist. 5 CS originals! Yay! :roll:
Actually, I am one of the people who has all the CS releases outside of 3rd-5th (I didn't start playing until May 2005 and those styles were out of date by then.) and backed them up cause replacing backups are easy, replacing the originals IS A PAIN!
Last edited by Amp Divorax on Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:15 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:Actually, I am one of the people who has all the CS releases outside of 3rd-5th (I didn't start playing until May 2005 and those styles were out of date by then.) and backed them up cause replacing backups are easy, replacing the originals IS A BITCH!
Yeah, I really should do that, but my PS2 isn't modded and I'm lazy. Also, I've never had an executable media disk die on me, so I'm very complacent about backing such things up. (I have a bunch of Atari ST floppies that I really, *really* need to make ROM images for, since everyone else's originals seem to have deteriorated by now... but I keep going, "They haven't died in the past 22 years! Maybe they'll make it to 23!")

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:29 pm

We have 5th, 6th, 7th, 8th, 9th, 10th all original JP discs. We don't need no burned FAKES here. We too legit 2 quit y'hear?

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Nov 05, 2006 2:41 pm

If you really must know, I tend to have legit copies of the new stuff and not so legit copies of the older stuff. IIDX 9th and newer, pop'n 10 and newer (and 7, for whatever reason) I have real discs for, though I'm a bit behind on both at this point. The rest of the stuff is all on HD Loader. The older stuff tends to work better than the newer stuff with that. If you include the stuff on the hard drive or able to be put on the hard drive, I have the complete collection of IIDX and all PS2 versions of pnm.

I do like having real copies for both collectable reasons and because booting things off HD Loader moves the initial boot time from "almost unreasonable" to "completely unbearable" because of how long it takes to start HD Loader. I've also been meaning to complete my back collection of pop'n as it's only two more versions (8, 9).
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sun Nov 05, 2006 4:09 pm

MonMotha wrote:If you really must know,
We needn't, but I guess it WAS kind of rude to divert the thread into speculation about your Bemani collection. Sorry. 8)
MonMotha wrote:I tend to have legit copies of the new stuff and not so legit copies of the older stuff. IIDX 9th and newer, pop'n 10 and newer (and 7, for whatever reason) I have real discs for, though I'm a bit behind on both at this point. The rest of the stuff is all on HD Loader. The older stuff tends to work better than the newer stuff with that. If you include the stuff on the hard drive or able to be put on the hard drive, I have the complete collection of IIDX and all PS2 versions of pnm.
Interesting. I had the impression that you had far, far more than that. It seems weird to realize that my Bemani collection has eclipsed yours. Actually, weird is an understatement, particularly given that you're a collector and I'm not.

Not to mention that whole "you're the person who got me interested in Bemani in the first place" thing. Bet you're still kicking yourself for that, huh? ;)
MonMotha wrote:I do like having real copies for both collectable reasons and because booting things off HD Loader moves the initial boot time from "almost unreasonable" to "completely unbearable" because of how long it takes to start HD Loader. I've also been meaning to complete my back collection of pop'n as it's only two more versions (8, 9).
Yes, and those are the least expensive versions since they've been rereleased. Though I don't know if you purchase rerelease versions or not,

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Mon Nov 06, 2006 11:26 pm

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:44 pm

So, when's DistorteD CS gonna come out?

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Nov 12, 2006 2:52 pm

IIDX CS has been lagging about 2 versions back since the huge wait between 6-7th and 7-8th styles. Figure DistorteD will come out when the successor to Gold (14th) AC is announced.

Most of the Bemani CS releases lag 1-2 versions behind their arcade counterparts as a rule of thumb.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:40 pm

Speaking of lagging behind. While Happy Sky is a month away from release this week I get to play Distorted in it's full arcade glory!!! Let the fun begin!

Edit: Jesus Christ some of the Distorted songs are f*cking psycho! A fair warning to everybody here, there is a reason that Happy Sky introduced the scale going to 12 as the songs are f*ckin hard!
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Dec 06, 2006 3:31 am

Oh noes, I doubleposted.

There's a reason for this. One of the 'secret' songs has been revealed on a HS Promotional Preview that was posted online eariler this week.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vvTgppKty6Q

Alright, now for some of the more startling news that has been revealed.

Scripted Connection has been massively changed. Instead of following the arcade release of the song, the song will be on there as N Mix, H Mix, and A Mix. As a result, 2 new notecharts are available for each part of the song along with what has appeared in the arcade so now it's possible to play all 6 minutes of the song in one difficulty mode instead of going Normal, then Hyper, and having to deal with that evil Another notechart to finish the full song!

Also, a new console exclusive song has been revealed for the game, and it's something that kinda caught me off guard. Lovery Storm: Love Is Dreaminess reinterpretation by L.E.D. -G will be one of the hidden songs in the game and apparently there might be another hidden song as well.

When I get the game in, I will post a review of it in comparison to the prior releases.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

BakaOrochi
Korean!
Korean!

Post by BakaOrochi » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:18 am

Amp Divorax wrote:Speaking of lagging behind. While Happy Sky is a month away from release this week I get to play Distorted in it's full arcade glory!!! Let the fun begin!

Edit: Jesus Christ some of the Distorted songs are f*cking psycho! A fair warning to everybody here, there is a reason that Happy Sky introduced the scale going to 12 as the songs are f*ckin hard!
IMO, Nageki No Ki [a] and Contract [a] are the two to REALLY watch out for, but funny thing are the songs DD re-rated from HS. Some are rated harder, some easier.

Fcuk Scripted Connection Hyper. Such a bullshi+ notechart.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:42 am

BakaOrochi wrote:
Amp Divorax wrote:Speaking of lagging behind. While Happy Sky is a month away from release this week I get to play Distorted in it's full arcade glory!!! Let the fun begin!

IMO, Nageki No Ki [a] and Contract [a] are the two to REALLY watch out for, but funny thing are the songs DD re-rated from HS. Some are rated harder, some easier.

Fcuk Scripted Connection Hyper. Such a bullshi+ notechart.
Seconded on all counts cause I hate the f*cking ending to that song so much! The one thing that I don't like is due to how they are now split into 3 mixes is that now there will be an another notechart for the H Mix and that's probably gonna suck worse!
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:00 pm

Yikes. A few days to go. Time to clean some space off my HD.