Got it!

beatmania, beatmaniaIIDX, beatmania III

Moderator: Moderators

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:35 pm

What exactly is a? It stands for another, doesn't it? So how do you get to the another chart?

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:40 pm

On BMUS, they have to be unlocked. IIRC, it's either play or clear every song on a single difficulty (L7 will do). On the JP versions, just hit the difficulty change button again, and you'll get the mode that will kick your ass (I have, I think, 3 Another 7 clears...most of them are REALLY hard).
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 11:42 pm

LOL can you clear all the beginner songs? Because it's gonna be a while before I get the L7s...but for some reason, the 3 stars on beginner are generally harder than the 3 stars on L7...odd?

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Tue Aug 01, 2006 12:16 am

MonMotha wrote:On BMUS, they have to be unlocked. IIRC, it's either play or clear every song on a single difficulty (L7 will do). On the JP versions, just hit the difficulty change button again, and you'll get the mode that will kick your ass (I have, I think, 3 Another 7 clears...most of them are REALLY hard).
MonMotha is basically correct. Try every song in game mode. It doesn't have to be on the same difficulty, though, and you don't have to pass. And you must remember to get the 5key only songs (aka mode="beatmania").

Out of curiosity, which 3 a7 clears are they? I also have exactly 3 a7 clears, and I'd be highly amused if they were the same ones.

Oh, and as to a14s:

I actually think Era may qualify for the hardest, at least among the 10*s (none of which I can actually pass yet, so take my opinion with a mine of salt!). The big reason I think so is that fingering things correctly is more integral to Era than to any of the others, and Era has some very long fingering patterns. Era is also very uniform in intensity, which (to me) is difficult to keep up with over the course of the song.

Nemesis is a contender, but it has this nice break about 2/3rds of the way through where you can collect yourself and stretch your hands (quickly!). It also has shorter fingering patterns, though slightly longer note streams overall. In fact, the other two 10* a14s on US are Colors (the easiest of the 4 IMO, which is still not saying much) and Holic, which both have similar easy sections in the middle. Era's only really easy sections are the intro and the extro, neither of which helps you recuperate for the rest of the piece.

Of course, I'm by far the closest to passing Era of any of the ones I've mentioned. Then again, I've also played it much, much more.

Yeah, I think I should just stop thinking about this now.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 4:27 pm

Just in case anybody wants to see about how I'm doing, I just uploaded like 8 new scores on VJArmy. Once again, I'm DJ DANC1. Are there "buddies" on VJArmy? If so, please do add :).

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Tue Aug 01, 2006 9:23 pm

Addzored. I'm DJ ARKA (surprise!). 8)

Not bad scores! Keep adding them.

(Play 14key, too...)

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Tue Aug 01, 2006 10:33 pm

Arka wrote:(Play 14key, too...)
Unless you want me to play with a BM controller and a Dualshock, or with 2 Dualshocks, it ain't happening.

Also, I just remembered that we were talking about AAing a song in one rhythm game with the controller for another. Well, I tried DDR with the BM controller, and it's quite difficult, seeing as down can only be produced by spinning the turntable. IIRC, leftmost white button is right, left-middle one is up, right-middle one is left, and rightmost one is...right again. I don't think the black buttons did anything in-song, and spinning the turntable one way does down, and the other way does up.
Last edited by danc1005 on Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Aug 02, 2006 6:39 am

My VJarmy graphic is linked to my profile.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Wed Aug 02, 2006 12:17 pm

I added you, Arka, and Ho.

I just finished adding a TON of new scores. Oh, BTW, about my goal that I set at the beginning of the day to pass a 5...I passed TWO 5s in both 7-key and 5-key, and TWO 6s in 5-key! Mobo*Moga and Attitude L7, along with 20, November, Battle Breaks, tribe groove, and Attack the Music 5-key.

EDIT: Oh, hey, forgot to mention that I unlocked Another, and...wait for it...GOT TWO ANOTHER CLEARS! g.m.d. a7(4) and e-motion a7 (4). I swear e-motion is off-synch, I always get like 3 times as many goods on that as greats and perfects (not only on another)...and my timing's nowhere near that bad on similarly difficult songs.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Wed Aug 02, 2006 8:53 pm

dance1005 wrote:...I swear e-motion is off-synch, I always get like 3 times as many goods on that as greats and perfects (not only on another)...and my timing's nowhere near that bad on similarly difficult songs.
Yeah, e-motion[a] is... interesting. :?

Now go back and get perfect combos on all those things. :D ('Swhat I'm working on right now.)

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed Aug 02, 2006 10:07 pm

E-Motion was messed up in the original Japanese versions of Beatmania and Beatmania IIDX. Konami just ported it over, fucked up timings and all.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Aug 05, 2006 10:34 pm

Posted quite a few new scores over the past few days, I think I'm up to 4 or 5 5*s passed in 7-key mode, and I'm still waiting on my first 6*. I also AAd (by BMUS grading scale) The Cube Normal. I was really happy about that!

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:16 pm

YYYYYYYYEEEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!

I finally beat you on a song, Arka!

jelly kiss L7 is now officially mine by 4 EX points.
Lol, may not seem like a big deal, but I'm really excited. :D