Got it!

beatmania, beatmaniaIIDX, beatmania III

Moderator: Moderators

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:09 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:Um, I don't suggest looking at that song now! Aside from the songs that have appeared on RED, I have only played the US exclusives ONCE until today.
Sure, shatter my dreams and aspirations...

Okay, I went back and whored e-motion until I had you beat by one point. :D
Amp Divorax wrote:Also, just because I have a certain amount of skill on 1 player mode doesn't mean that I'll jump to double play and destroy everything easily. IIDX skiills don't develop overnight.
But you already have the IIDX skills. Yes, I'm sure that you're not as good on doubles as you are on 7key, but the gap between you and me on 7key is enormous enough that I can't believe you won't have an advantage at doubles.

There's a way to settle this, though. Post 14key scores in VJArmy! C'mon, you know you want to...

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:13 pm

Lol I should start posting my Normal 3 star scores on VJArmy (got an account today, I'm DJ DANC1) just for fun.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sat Jul 29, 2006 5:18 pm

No... you should start posting your doubles scores on VJArmy. But first you should start playing doubles.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:04 pm

Arka wrote:No... you should start posting your doubles scores on VJArmy. But first you should start playing doubles.
Lol...I'm not planning on spending another $60 for another controller anytime soon, and I never got into doubles on DDR or ITG, so I don't see why I should start with BM :).

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sat Jul 29, 2006 6:16 pm

dance1005 wrote:
Arka wrote:No... you should start posting your doubles scores on VJArmy. But first you should start playing doubles.
Lol...I'm not planning on spending another $60 for another controller anytime soon, and I never got into doubles on DDR or ITG, so I don't see why I should start with BM :).
Because it's AWESOME. Also, you should get into doubles on DDR and ITG, too.

Don't make me host a doubles indoctrination session at your house. :twisted:

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Sat Jul 29, 2006 7:14 pm

14k is hard, trust me on this one.

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Sat Jul 29, 2006 8:07 pm

Merk wrote:14k is hard, trust me on this one.
This is a highly subjective statement.

14k is much harder than 7k because there are more possible keys to hit, you have to scan a slightly larger visual area, and you may have to move your hands between the controllers (at higher levels). You also have to operate the turntable and keys with one hand, which is (I suspect) a significant problem for people not used to playing [true] 1handed. And there's the issue with confusing what hand is playing what, but I suspect that's just me.

14k is much easier than 7k because you rarely have to move your hands as fast, you have less simultaneous keying & turntable work with either hand, the visual display is more abstract and more compressed horizontally, and notecharts for songs of equivalent star rankings are much simpler. (E.g., I do Era 14k much better than Era 7k, even though Era 7k is rated a 7 (?) and Era 14k is rated a 10 (!). Not that I do either of them all that well.) It's also easier to recover from a mistake in 14k, since it's easier to fit one hand back into the pattern being played by the other than to figure out what the heck you're doing from scratch.

So yup... 14k is hard, so is 7k. :wink:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:31 am

I will start posting 14 key songs when I get to where I can start passing songs up to 5 stars with no problem. Until then I will only post scores from good old 7 key.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Mon Jul 31, 2006 5:35 am

Amp Divorax wrote:I will start posting 14 key songs when I get to where I can start passing songs up to 5 stars with no problem. Until then I will only post scores from good old 7 key.
Does "no problem" mean "no chance of failure" or "nothing below a great"? :P

Either way, I'll be looking forward to it. I'm sure you'll eclipse me in short order, but it'll be nice to have someone to compare 14-key scores with, however briefly. :D

Though I still haven't given up hope on Brian picking up another controller and duking it out on my favored terrain. I wonder if he'd accept a cheap controller if I had it shipped to his home anonymously... now there's an idea, start a guerilla campaign for 14-key playing!

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Mon Jul 31, 2006 9:30 am

Back to 7-key talk, I can now do most 3 star songs, and I got a AAA (not a real one, but it's AAA in the game...) on Funkytown Hyper (3 stars). I can also do a few 4 stars. OH AND 5-KEY IS SO FUN!. I like it because I can actually play it one-handed (meaning one on keys, one on turntable) while on 7 I have to use both hands for keys. Plus, the charts are more fun. In 5-key, I can do all 4 stars but haven't been able to do any 5s yet.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jul 31, 2006 2:33 pm

LET ME PUT IT IN PERSPECTIVE:

Every chart available (Light 7, 7 Key, and Another) on 7k has been at least normal cleared by someone in the world.

No one in the world has normal cleared Quasar 14[a] or (to my knowledge) Scorpion Fire 14[a]. Also, I'm going to guess that no one has normal cleared Mei 14[a] but that's just pure assumption.

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Mon Jul 31, 2006 4:28 pm

Merk wrote:LET ME PUT IT IN PERSPECTIVE:

Every chart available (Light 7, 7 Key, and Another) on 7k has been at least normal cleared by someone in the world.

No one in the world has normal cleared Quasar 14[a] or (to my knowledge) Scorpion Fire 14[a]. Also, I'm going to guess that no one has normal cleared Mei 14[a] but that's just pure assumption.
Has somebody done AA[a14]? That chart looks pretty ridiculous. Cheer Train[a14], though doable, looks pretty hard too.

Edit* WTF at the end to The Dirty of Loudness [a14]?

Arka
Standard
Standard

Post by Arka » Mon Jul 31, 2006 8:39 pm

Merk wrote:LET ME PUT IT IN PERSPECTIVE:

What mixes are these on? I must see them now. And hammer away at them until I can pass them. (This may require a few years. :wink:)

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:07 pm

9th, 11th (RED), and 12th (Happy Sky) respectively. They are not on the US mix, I'm not sure which doubles chart is the hardest on BMUS, maybe V 14[a]?

TaQa
Standard
Standard

Post by TaQa » Mon Jul 31, 2006 10:26 pm

Merk wrote:9th, 11th (RED), and 12th (Happy Sky) respectively. They are not on the US mix, I'm not sure which doubles chart is the hardest on BMUS, maybe V 14[a]?
I don't think V has an [a14] chart. Nemesis is supposed to be quite hard on [a14]