IIDX Red is HERE!!!

beatmania, beatmaniaIIDX, beatmania III

Moderator: Moderators

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Post by XeroCi » Sat May 20, 2006 11:07 pm

Ugh, I really need to get a fliptop for this. I've been wanting some JP beatmania IIDX for a long time. US just isn't cutting it.
Owner/Operator/Leader of DDRKokomo. Assistant Leader of DDRKokomo: Arrow Stompers.

BakaOrochi
Korean!
Korean!

Post by BakaOrochi » Sun May 21, 2006 1:07 pm

sam wrote:yes, the gallops were hard to read at the speed i had it at..i just sucked it up, learned the massive parts and slowed the song down and it was awesome.

when 6th came out konami said iidx was dying because they had beatmania the final. then there was a surge of interest because they started updating the engine and making the game look slick. konami felt that iidx players only liked the arcade and didn't care about home versions. they required some # of people to email konami and they'd do a special run through konami style of 7th style but it'd be 'the last' for ps2. well, it got popular so they made a normal issue and quit being crap heads..but there was ~1 year without a new mix
-I think Konami lost their producers that made IIDX CS.
-CS 6th Style and GitaDora sales were pretty flat. It had nothing to do with general IIDX interest being down (if anything, interest was going up).
-Konami asked people to have 10000 7th Style CS pre-orders for the game to be produced. They were short several thousand, but decided to release it anyway. It's now under a different production team. Same with GFdm.

And it was about 2-3 years between 6th and 7th CS.

And this Rival Data thing is really frickin' cool.

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Mon May 22, 2006 1:07 pm

http://vjarmy.com/iidx/rival/red/2140_SAMMAH.zip

knock yourself out (rival data)
insert code compile execute return

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon May 22, 2006 2:19 pm

Let's all be VJarmy friends : D <3

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Mon May 22, 2006 2:21 pm

god do i suck, i am NOWHERE NEAR any other person's rival scores hahahaha

ps: you can use execftp to download your save off your memcard if you have a network adapter

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu May 25, 2006 1:59 am

As I have a slimline JP PS2 it would probably be nice to use in my case, but I can't find any good directions on how to set it up and use it.

On the bright side, thanks in part to RED and bringing in rival mode I have been able to make the jump to playing 7K and Another as my primary playing level. There are two major methods I have been using on songs I get stuck on.

1. Play songs that are hard to pass on random. This helps develops overall timing, precision, and learn what patterns to expect in the song. The best examples that I have used on random are Soliton Beam 7K and Sphere 7K as I was unable to pass them until I started practicing them on random and figured out the various patterns on the songs and got better at reading the harder chords that Sphere likes to chuck at people.

2. Use ghost mode and rival player data to figure out what parts of the song they are doing better on. Then pop over to free mode and work on that part of the song. This is how I was able to figure out the ending to the Safari on Light 7 and finally AA it.

Most likely sometime this weekend I'll go back through 10th and 9th styles to redo alot of 7K and Light 7 songs.

Edit: Oh, for those who are interested in seeing it, I am thinking about doing some vids once I do get my Desktop Arcade controller.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

XeroCi
Standard
Standard

Post by XeroCi » Fri May 26, 2006 1:14 pm

ooo I want to see videos of REDPS2.

Hey Amp, how do you get to Hyper and Another quicker?

Seriously, I'm still stuck on some 5s on Normal on BMUS.
Owner/Operator/Leader of DDRKokomo. Assistant Leader of DDRKokomo: Arrow Stompers.

sam
Heavy
Heavy

Post by sam » Fri May 26, 2006 2:15 pm

execftp crashcourse:

get these things:
http://www.sksapps.com/index.php?page=execftp.html (get the latest version..duh)
http://konsolenprofis.de/downloads/download.php?id=799

open up the config to execftp after you extract it and setup the ip how you please.

then load up cdgenps2 and drag & drop the system.cnf file into the window on the right. right click the file and select get information. check the checkbox that says Fix LBA and change the number to 12231. Hit ok.

Drag the execftp binary into the right window and then the config file. MUST BE IN THAT ORDER!!!

Click file and save image. Save as iso. Burn. Enjoy. The login is anonymous and the memory cards start at /mc0.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Fri May 26, 2006 3:32 pm

The main things I can recommend when it comes to IIDX is this.

1. Work on accuracy.
2. Use Random on songs to figure out certain patterns and develop better reaction timing.
3. Use the Japanese grading system and NOT the US system.
4. Get 9th, 10th, and RED for access to more songs and a better selection overall.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

BakaOrochi
Korean!
Korean!

Post by BakaOrochi » Sat May 27, 2006 2:48 am

sam wrote:execftp crashcourse:

get these things:
http://www.sksapps.com/index.php?page=execftp.html (get the latest version..duh)
http://konsolenprofis.de/downloads/download.php?id=799

open up the config to execftp after you extract it and setup the ip how you please.

then load up cdgenps2 and drag & drop the system.cnf file into the window on the right. right click the file and select get information. check the checkbox that says Fix LBA and change the number to 12231. Hit ok.

Drag the execftp binary into the right window and then the config file. MUST BE IN THAT ORDER!!!

Click file and save image. Save as iso. Burn. Enjoy. The login is anonymous and the memory cards start at /mc0.
I mean, or you can buy the damn game, because the LE pack is freaking AWESOME. The game is good enough that it's worth the damn money that you pay.

Cheap@$$es =p

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sat May 27, 2006 7:51 am

Actually execftp is mentioned on here mainly for transferring memory card saves to somebody's computer via a network connection. I know it can be used for copying games to a hard drive and using HDloader (which is NOT RECOMMENDED for IIDX games) to play the games, but that was not the reason that we were talking about it.

I do agree with Orochi that the game is worth buying and I got mine from Play Asia.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

BakaOrochi
Korean!
Korean!

Post by BakaOrochi » Sat May 27, 2006 11:14 am

I was just joking anyway, but the Sakura LE poster (not the one that's also on the cover of that game) is the one HIDIOUS thing about the LE pack. Otherwise, the RED tin and cell phone strap are frickin' sweet.

I just wish I had $120 to kick around =(

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sat May 27, 2006 11:29 am

LOL!

If I could I'd try to get a 10th style poster cause it has all the characters on it!
Memorable 2016 quotes:

pimpmachine
Standard
Standard

Post by pimpmachine » Mon May 29, 2006 5:38 pm

im new here in the area and i live in fort wayne...just wondering how often people ever go to Putt Putt to play IIDX even though its a 4th style (and the timeing is really early). i just wanted to meet some people of the bemani community here. i saw merk there about a week ago playing but would like to meet more.
Total DP:
164 646 / 166 832 (2 236)
http://ddrecall.com/user.php?mode=viewprofile&user=1277

Image Image Image

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Jun 01, 2006 10:21 am

I'm based out of Muncie and Indy so catching me in Ft. Wayne would be nothing short of a miracle. As for the 4th style machine, it's state of disrepair saddens me and makes me wish that I could buy it, restore it, and get 11th RED or newer on it.

Also, my IIDX RED Rival data has been updated as I got a ton of new records all around.
Memorable 2016 quotes: