Beatmania US IS HERE!

beatmania, beatmaniaIIDX, beatmania III

Moderator: Moderators

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Mon May 01, 2006 10:20 am

insert code compile execute return

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Mon May 01, 2006 6:46 pm

I bought Beatmania last night... then continued to play it for about 2 hours (I got home at 10:30 PM... so yea) and I must say I love this game and Im glad I bought it :D

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue May 02, 2006 2:01 am

Honestly, I wouldn't bother with a fliptop on a slimline PS2 as a magic switch does the same friggin thing and costs like $5 instead of $20 or more!

Oh, a little sneak peak of my customized Desktop Arcade Controller, which will arriving on my doorstep next week:

Feel the aura of it's unholy power! Soon it shall feast upon all lesser controllers.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

letshavetea
Standard
Standard

Post by letshavetea » Tue May 02, 2006 6:10 am

... dear god that looks heavy... for a controller that is, I know its a desktop one, but hell...

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Tue May 02, 2006 9:18 am

two sites that are 'ok' to order from if you don't like the price of console source:
http://www.jandaman.com (i've known this guy since 2000...he's very trustworthy and whom i bought my qoob sx/top from)
http://www.modchipman.com (they have a channel on efnet #modchipman so you can talk to them if you have any problems/inqueries)

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue May 02, 2006 5:36 pm

letshavetea wrote:... dear god that looks heavy... for a controller that is, I know its a desktop one, but hell...
I've played on one at Purdue and I can say that it is not that heavy. It's like 3-5 pounds at the most, however this also means that unlike the KOCs it won't slide around on certain surfaces so the extra 2-4 pounds is worth it.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue May 02, 2006 5:49 pm

Does it light up?

sam
Heavy
Heavy

Post by sam » Tue May 02, 2006 10:45 pm

using the card trick forces a cog to do the opposite of what it wants to do. the ps2 tray is driven by a motor and you're forcing it in reverse. over time it eats away the plastic teeth on the cog as well as possibly breaking the path the plastic 'nub' follows to allow the tray to eject.

i have seen many ps2s destroyed with the stupid card...it's nothing new, i used to do it with a butter knife.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Wed May 03, 2006 9:24 am

Holy crap, I didn't realize how cheap flip tops got while I was gone! Since it went from $50 to $15 to get them I now reverse my stance and say buy that over the slidecard!

In the case of slim line PS2s though, I see no point in using flip tops for them whatsoever as the same effect can be achieved by using the magic switch. I don't know how good this vendor is, but http://www.thegiantstore.com/index.asp? ... ProdID=334 has Magic Switch Pro V2 which is good for the older slimlines that doesn't require the use of Piece D. (Info about the different slimlines is on http://www.swapmagic3.com) However, if anybody knows where to get MSP V3 along with Swap Magic 3.6 JAP that would be mega awesome.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu May 04, 2006 12:31 am

On another note, I got to see videos for the console release of IIDX red. In particular 5 out of the 8 console exclusives that appear on it and it looks amazing. Unfortunately, 2 of the console exclusives are from Beatmania US (Toxic and You Really Got Me) which does suck. However, from some pictures shown online there is reason to believe that there are now Another notecharts for these songs. The only way to really find out is to play the game when it arrives May 18th. (Rather 20th to 21st given how long it takes to import games.)
Memorable 2016 quotes: