Beatmania US IS HERE!

beatmania, beatmaniaIIDX, beatmania III

Moderator: Moderators

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Wed Apr 05, 2006 9:01 pm

an old mod in the community, but a necessity if you just picked up this bundle:
http://users.adelphia.net/~kiltz/

the button mods aren't really needed imo since the sticking issues were fixed

also beatmania got so-so reviews in EGM... 7.5 4.5 5.5
insert code compile execute return

hascoolnickname
Heavy
Heavy

Post by hascoolnickname » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:47 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:Well he was right about one thing. Bemani music is pretty terrible in general.

I don't understand why they can't get some good licenced tracks. On the US Extreme 2 they added some Sean Paul which is ok I guess. I'm still waiting for Linkin Park or some Snoop Dogg.
Haha I wish, they got people freaking out over the lyrics to highs off you.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Wed Apr 05, 2006 10:51 pm

hascoolnickname wrote:Haha I wish, they got people freaking out over the lyrics to highs off you.
You KNOW it says "Fuggin"...
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Thu Apr 06, 2006 12:06 am

sam wrote:an old mod in the community, but a necessity if you just picked up this bundle:
http://users.adelphia.net/~kiltz/
Ah, thanks for the link sam. I've been meaning to go hunt that down.

Damn! This thing spins so much better now! :D

Now to go test it out a bit before bed...
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Apr 06, 2006 1:04 am

Ho wrote:Well, it's all a matter of opinion. And keep in mind that the vast majority of Bemani music was neither created for nor targeted toward American tastes/audiences.

Personally, I've been hooked on Bemani-style music for the past 5-6 years as an alternative to standard American fare. Though I do admit that more familiar licenses can be an asset--especially for mass market appeal.
Heh, I was just being sarcastic. If they have to throw in a few well-known songs to get some new interest in the game, so be it.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Apr 11, 2006 8:30 am

Personally, I don't really like alot of the US licenses cause some of them are downright bad and alot of them have stepcharts/notecharts that are very easy. Case in point being the 8 new songs not having another notecharts on Beatmania US. Then again, there is also the possibility of Konami not getting access to alot of the keysounds due to what the record companies give to them.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Fri Apr 28, 2006 11:22 pm

I bought the US version about a week ago, I like it, but what i DON'T like is the limited song choice, because they put both regular beatmania and IIDX in the same package, with different song choices for both......and the fact that Spin the Disc, V, Colors, and some other really good songs are only available to be chosen as the third stage..which i believe is crap...oh well though, i didn't want to import and mod my ps2..so I suppose i should stop complaining, eh?

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sat Apr 29, 2006 10:06 pm

My recommendation when it comes to getting some of the BM games is to use Swap Magic as it is cheap and easy to use. No painful expensive modding and it doesn't void the warranty.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:29 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:No painful expensive modding and it doesn't void the warranty.
Though it does void the warentee if you get a fliptop mod for your PS2 as well, which makes it much easier to use. Of course, unless you just bought your PS2, I don't think you need to worry about voiding the warrenty...
LIMITED WARRANTY FOR THE PLAYSTATION 2 COMPUTER ENTERTAINMENT SYSTEM wrote:Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) warrants to the original purchaser that this product (hardware, game discs and accessories) shall be free from defects in material and workmanship for a period of ninety (90) days from the date of purchase (the "Warranty Period").
However, it should also be noted that that warrenty was for the older PS2. The warrenty for the slim version was extended to a year.
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Apr 30, 2006 4:39 am

Why do people always automatically assume I'm talking about the fliptop! Just use the slidecard on the oldskool PS2s and the Magic Switch for slimline PS2s! That doesn't require popping the PS2 itself open thus leaving the warranty good! I dislike fliptops with a vengence cause they are overpriced!
Last edited by Amp Divorax on Tue Jun 09, 2020 12:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Memorable 2016 quotes:

sam
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Being a burden is great. It's like my... seventh favorite thing to be.

Post by sam » Sun Apr 30, 2006 10:47 am

oh god never use the slide card

that will destroy the cog so fast...unless you plan on replacing your ps2 in 2 years...

best no-wire solution is a fliptop so long as you're careful and don't rip the ribbon cable. if you have a V5 or a V6 ps2 you can get little boards you plug the ribbon cable into and it forces the ps2 tray to eject.
insert code compile execute return

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Amp Divorax » Sun Apr 30, 2006 11:44 am

Magic Switch for life dawg!
Memorable 2016 quotes:

chocobojoe
Heavy
Heavy

Post by chocobojoe » Sun Apr 30, 2006 12:47 pm

CgSquall wrote:only available to be chosen as the third stage..which i believe is crap...
Well, after you play them in the game mode, it unlocks the song in free mode, and you can play it any time you want.

CgSquall
Standard
Standard

Post by CgSquall » Mon May 01, 2006 5:14 am

where can I get the Swap Magic anyways? If it's not too expensive, i might be importing some older IIDX titles, because I have a slim Ps2 now.

Green Tea
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Green Tea » Mon May 01, 2006 7:58 am

CgSquall wrote:where can I get the Swap Magic anyways? If it's not too expensive, i might be importing some older IIDX titles, because I have a slim Ps2 now.
does the slim play jap games?
dance1005 wrote:Fucking retarded bots, bumping threads with dildos.