IT'S HERE!!!!

Moderator: Moderators

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

IT'S HERE!!!!

Post by lgolem » Sat May 05, 2007 11:00 pm

#1: Does anyone know if the controllers on http://www.desktoparcade.com/ are of good quality? They are cheaper than Ransai and Ransai is not taking any more orders.

#2: since 7th-10th mix are on the Best list and are cheaper on PlayAsia....which mix do you recommend?
Last edited by lgolem on Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sat May 05, 2007 11:33 pm

Desktop Arcade controllers are built practically identically to a Ransai. Ransai just started earlier than DA, which is why a lot of people have those. I've never heard anybody who was dissatisfied with a DA.

I'm a big fan of pop'n 8. 9 isn't bad, either. I'd stay away from 7 in terms of picking just the best ones. 10-13 are all very good, too. I'd probably pick 12 as the best of those, but I've not played 13 much. The new pop'ns have better high speed selections, and that's always handy.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Secef
Standard
Standard

Post by Secef » Sun May 06, 2007 5:23 am

Like Brandon said, DAs are just as reliable as Ransais from what I hear.

As for which Pop'n to get, you can't go wrong with 10-13 (although I haven't played much of 13). Out of those, I personally like 12 the most, but if you're going to stick to 7-10 for the sake of cost, I'd rank them as follows:

8 - Has a FANTASTIC songlist all around. The only bad things are the flickering "great-good-bad" graphics and smaller play area. Oh, and lack of high speed mods.
10 - A really solid songlist (Goonies R Good Enough makes 10 worth it alone to me), but it has a really unforgiving lifebar. Plus the unlock system is absolute bullshit.
9 - This is kind of tied with 10, really. I just put it down lower because the songlist isn't all that great overall. There are a lot of songs I don't like in it, but there're also a handful of songs that are pure audio orgasms (Somebody Stole My Gal, In the Mood, Bitter Sweets, Tower of the Sun, Depa Funk, Des Nawa, We Get It Together, and a few others) which make it worth owning.
7 - ... I downloaded this one. In light of all the other editions available, I can't really rationalize paying money for it.

So there's my take on it.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun May 06, 2007 9:31 am

hmm...I may just order 12 instead of sticking to the notion of getting the cheaper ones.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Jun 04, 2007 1:28 pm

I ordered 13 instead.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Tue Jun 05, 2007 11:39 am

the color of my bitchin pop n controller that I will order on the 15th

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:35 am

JUST ORDERED MY CONTROLLER ^_^

SoDeepPolaris
Heavy
Heavy

Post by SoDeepPolaris » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:35 am

Pop, lock 'n drop it.
I really love CS:GO's 64 tick servers.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:51 am

Pop N 14, it is on pre-order now on play asia and it comes out on the 12th of July. Has anyone heard anything good about it or anything? I try to find details about it but almost all sites I find with info are in japanese.

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Sun Aug 19, 2007 11:55 pm

Hey,

I ran outof boxes last week, but your order is bubble wrapped and ready
to go ^_^ ! The new boxes should be here tuesday or Wednesday, I'll be
sure yours is among the first shipped.

Thanks,

Steve Handelman
Desktop arcade
I know the line for a ransai is like a year long now, but still ordered back June 15th, and will be on its way later this week. ^_^

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Thu Aug 23, 2007 2:48 pm

I've played on Desktop Arcade's IIDX and Pop'N controllers, and I'll state that they are very well made and easy to maintain. Those getting one will not be disappointed.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Mon Aug 27, 2007 2:06 pm

it came today

the guy made an error though and caused one of the buttons to go out already, but it was a simple fix

What it looked like
What it should look like

he slid the contact between the insulation and the connector rather than in the connector itself, so it fell off fast, but it was an easy fix :D

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:00 pm

That is a sweet controller man.

I should mention that I now am in the possession of a Pop'N controller for now as well and I'm starting to play through the games. Currently I can pass songs up to level 33.

The other thing I have been debating is if I should try to acquire Pop'N 6 and Best Hits due to the fact that those songs are listed on Pop'N Navy. I know that Pop'N 6 has rather pitiful graphics, but it was also the end all be all of PSone Pop'N games and Best Hits has alot of songs that are still in the arcade and haven't been revived on a newer console release.
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

lgolem
Heavy
Heavy

Post by lgolem » Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:23 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:That is a sweet controller man.

I should mention that I now am in the possession of a Pop'N controller for now as well and I'm starting to play through the games. Currently I can pass songs up to level 33.

The other thing I have been debating is if I should try to acquire Pop'N 6 and Best Hits due to the fact that those songs are listed on Pop'N Navy. I know that Pop'N 6 has rather pitiful graphics, but it was also the end all be all of PSone Pop'N games and Best Hits has alot of songs that are still in the arcade and haven't been revived on a newer console release.
because you want to have a score on every song on Pop N Navy ;)... j/king with you. Yeah, I like my controller, there are some dissapointments but over all worth the 200$. I have done a custom paint job on it, but it is not entirely done yet. But that is cool that you got your own ASC too, I will add you as my friend on Pop N Navy even though, I can tell you are already way better than me at it.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Sep 11, 2007 4:21 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:The other thing I have been debating is if I should try to acquire Pop'N 6 and Best Hits due to the fact that those songs are listed on Pop'N Navy.
I got those for that very reason. Best Hits was pretty blah, and 6 hurt my eyes to the point that I just didn't want to play it. I really can't recommend either for purchase. You may borrow mine if you just want to log the scores.