DrumMania

GuitarFreaks, DrumMania, keyboardmania

Moderator: Moderators

mexican ninja
Heavy
Heavy

Post by mexican ninja » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:42 pm

Mosh_Mosh_Revolution wrote:
IxI I skate IxI wrote:I have a question about Drum Mania. How do you play it? I am an avid drummer and I'm pretty good. Does this game have anything to do with a drumset at all?

thanks
Look it up on the internet. -.-
It'll be faster than getting a reply here.

http://www.channelbeat.com/products/dru ... eries.html

Read, be enlightened, and look it up yourself next time. n_n Thx.
HAY ERIN, SOME PEOPLE ARE BLOCKED FROM GOOGLE.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:16 pm

Riot wrote:I beat the hardest song in the game on my first time playing, but then again, I had the base drum kicker thing turned off so I was just using my hands..... :D
Oh? Which song was that? And was it on Expert/Real (depending on mix)? The game is definitely much easier with Auto-Bass, but I still find it a bit difficult to believe that you would pass "the hardest song in the game" in your first sitting.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:31 pm

I don't remember the name of the song, I just remember it had the hardest difficulty level.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:01 pm

Westside machine?

I will assume that you didn't change from Basic mode (default) to either Advanced or Extreme. If that's the case, I can believe that you would pass the highest rated song with Auto Bass on. But that's probably < 10% of the challenge the game has to offer. I wouldn't write it off as easy based on such an experience.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:07 pm

Yeah, the westside machine. I changed the difficulty to Extreme (or Heavy, if we're talking DDR terms). Granted, I didn't pass with a AA or anything, but I did decent. Auto-bass turned off makes a big difference. I was in marching band and am always drumming my fingers and stuff and I have a good rhythm obviously from DDR. It kind of comes naturally although I don't play the drums in particular. I know the game is very hard, just with the bass drum included.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:40 pm

Fair enough.

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:01 am

::Calls B.S., motions friendly WestSide challenge::

8) :twisted:

I think a DM get together would actually be quite entertaining, we could go to Hooter's afterwards.

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:27 pm

ShammerS wrote:::Calls B.S., motions friendly WestSide challenge::

8) :twisted:

I think a DM get together would actually be quite entertaining, we could go to Hooter's afterwards.
You want to go to Veronica's house?

liek j/k lozlz

Yeah I'd like to go play some more sometime. But from what I understand Westside closes in winter?

BakaOrochi
Korean!
Korean!

Post by BakaOrochi » Mon Nov 14, 2005 8:41 pm

Being good at drums doesn't mean you're good at DrumMania.

You might be able to recognize patterns better, but it's just the same why pianists can't pick up KBM as easily. You can carry over techniques, but you need to learn to read.

And playing DM with auto-bass is like playing Pop 'n Music with drum pads, it's stupid, silly, and pointless. Next time you play, take a picture, video, or at the least, get a name of the song you played. Some of the songs range from dick-easy on Extreme to WTF, so it's kinda silly to make any kind of claims. Just because you did blah blah blah this and that in school doesn't mean squat except that you can transition from pad-to-pad and do rolls and patterns more easily than complete n00bs.

ShammerS
Standard
Standard

Post by ShammerS » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:01 pm

BakaOrochi wrote:Being good at drums doesn't mean you're good at DrumMania.

You might be able to recognize patterns better, but it's just the same why pianists can't pick up KBM as easily. You can carry over techniques, but you need to learn to read.

And playing DM with auto-bass is like playing Pop 'n Music with drum pads, it's stupid, silly, and pointless. Next time you play, take a picture, video, or at the least, get a name of the song you played. Some of the songs range from dick-easy on Extreme to WTF, so it's kinda silly to make any kind of claims. Just because you did blah blah blah this and that in school doesn't mean squat except that you can transition from pad-to-pad and do rolls and patterns more easily than complete n00bs.
I cry when I see kids using auto-bass on a DM machine. It's the most challenging part of the game, afterall, given that it's the one departure between this game and the likes of Beatmania, DDR, or Pop n'; you're forced to use more than solely 2 hands or 2 feet. It's that inclusion of a kickin' bass line that mixes the game between challenging and fun.

...plus a sweet bass line kicks enough ass to make an entire song worth playing, too.

WhiteDragon
Heavy
Heavy

Post by WhiteDragon » Tue Nov 15, 2005 1:06 am

I played some DM while out in California over the summer. I never used auto bass, even though there were multiple times when the bass was what caused me to fail. I don't really see the point in using auto anything really unless you have to. For example, the Hi Hat on the DM machine at the local arcade out in CA was broken half the times I went there (sometimes it wasn't even on the machine anymore). In that case, it's fine to turn auto on for the broken sensor. Otherwise, using auto just lessens the overall enjoyment of the game.

It's not like turning on auto would really help me that much anyway. I'm not exactly great at that game (though I was better than my friend, and that's what really matters :wink: ).
Original Sin wrote:Besides, this is IndyDDR...honestly. What do you expect?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Tue Nov 15, 2005 10:06 am

I just turned it on because it was the first time I had ever played, and it's far enough away that I won't be playing it more than two or three times a year. I'm not exactly going to get good at it, so I don't need to practice that much. Might as well just have fun with it, and at the time hitting things with sticks was more fun than kicking things.

BakaOrochi
Korean!
Korean!

Post by BakaOrochi » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:44 am

So DDR + little, Pop 'n Music 5 button, IIDX light 7 + auto-scratch, and Guitar Freaks + little = fun?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Nov 16, 2005 10:18 am

No, because I can actually play DDR a lot and have access to it whenever I want, I wouldn't play on little.

Because I can't play Drummania a lot and I was just getting a feel for the game and what the hard songs are like, it's okay to put on auto-bass for the two times I played it. I don't "cheat" on things that I'm going to actually play in the future and want to actually be good at. If I had the opportunity to play Drummania more and actually get good at it, I wouldn't put the auto-bass on.

Go watch your anime.

BakaOrochi
Korean!
Korean!

Post by BakaOrochi » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:12 pm

So do you always assume people watch anime based on names? You're a lot stupider than I thought.

If you want a "feeling" for hard songs, then how about failing the song on hard rather than pussying your way out with auto-bass?

Oh no, I guess wasting a dollar is too rich your your blood.