Post by ShammerS » Thu Oct 05, 2006 6:06 pm

http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/rumor/rumo ... 204640.php

Is the American answer to DM among us?

I sure hope so.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Tue Oct 24, 2006 11:42 am

The Drummania controller I had on back order from Play-Asia finally shipped out and I should be here before Thursday (aka Japan Night). If you want to get a controller then order now since they finally have some in stock.

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Dec 18, 2006 9:29 am

I just played Drummania for the first time ever last week in Anderson. The game looks pretty good, but it is only a 6th Mix. One question I have to ask is how do I set speed mods on there?
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:23 pm

Hit the bass pedal twice during the song select menu. It may be different for 6th mix, but that's how it's done in V and V2.

Merk

Re: DrumMania

Post by Merk » Wed Aug 06, 2008 4:00 pm

I feel like getting back into DM since I've moved to a new place and now only have to worry about pissing off my neighbors instead of my friends. Unfortunately one of the little plastic sticks has gone missing (I think one of my faggy room mates chucked it in the trash after he got fed up with the noise), this is a long shot but does anyone know where I can get a replacement for it or perhaps an equivalent for the sticks that come with the crappy Konami DM controller? The music stores in town unfortunately do not carry little plastic drum sticks made for a video game, psh, playing a real instrument is over-rated.

Also, WHO WANTS TO START PLAYING DM?! WE COULD GIVE EACH OTHER CHALLENGES AND TRY TO PWN EACH OTHER'S SCORES LOL MAYBE WE COULD KISS TOO.

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Aug 07, 2008 8:01 am

Sadly no, those are made out of wood like pretty much every drumstick should be made out of. The sticks that came with the CS controller appear to be hollow sticks made out of some cheap plastic material, probably by some five year old in a factory.

Right now I am using some actual wooden lightweight drumsticks but they're really oversize compared to the controller itself and its a pretty awkward experience playing with them.

ImuyumI
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum

Post by ImuyumI » Thu Aug 07, 2008 12:09 pm

Grrr... me wanna play DM.

danc1005
Heavy
Heavy

Post by danc1005 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 1:29 pm

Can you just grip the stick higher up?
Or use...hmm ANYTHING around that size? Believe it or not, there are a lot of things with similar dimensions to "little plastic sticks".

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:54 pm

Merk wrote:Sadly no, those are made out of wood like pretty much every drumstick should be made out of. The sticks that came with the CS controller appear to be hollow sticks made out of some cheap plastic material, probably by some five year old in a factory.

Right now I am using some actual wooden lightweight drumsticks but they're really oversize compared to the controller itself and its a pretty awkward experience playing with them.
http://store.drumbum.com/skuSTK-33.html

I'm not sure where else to look. =(

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:48 am

Merk wrote:Sadly no, those are made out of wood like pretty much every drumstick should be made out of. The sticks that came with the CS controller appear to be hollow sticks made out of some cheap plastic material, probably by some five year old in a factory.

Funny story about this!

I actually found my lost second stick two years after making this post. I was helping some friends move their shit out of the house they were living in at the time. The last piece of furniture we moved out was this couch that's been around for a while and was a bit beat up. As we were moving it we heard a clunk and a rolling sound against their hardwood floor. Sure enough, a black plastic Konami drumstick had fallen out through a small hole in the bottom of the couch's upholstery. It was sheer luck that the drumstick had rolled around and out of the couch while we were fumbling around.

I'm pretty sure my fucking roommate put it in that couch when it was at my old place. There is no way it could accidentally get in that couch. We got surly with each other over some electricity bill and his attitude toward my girlfriend and he thought it'd be the bee's knees to hide my shit in a place where I couldn't find it. Oh well, fuck that guy.

Despite finding the stick though I can't bring myself to play on a DM KOC. It's really, really bad. Which brings me to what I originally wanted to post about!

Brian, do you think it's worth getting a Yamaha DTX drum set for DM? Is it really just like the arcade? Is there any chance I could play a few songs on your drum set sometime? I really want to be able to get into DM but $600 is a huge barrier to entry and I want to ensure I'm getting what I want before saving and burning $600.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:51 am

The DTX is stellar. It's not just like the arcade...I'd argue it's better. Also, think of it like this if it helps you swallow the $600 a little easier: you can also use it as a "real" drum set. And yes...if you come over, you're welcome to play a few rounds on my DTX.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Mar 31, 2010 12:03 pm

Oh yes, I had hoped to use it on FL Studio to create natural sounding beats.

But uh, I might have to take you up on that! I can't make it this weekend, I promised the ol' girlfriend I'd go down to btown. I'm usually good on weekdays if you wanted to invite some chumps over. I know you're busy so whenever is fine with me - I don't really do too much outside of work on most days.

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Jun 03, 2010 11:24 am

So Brian, is there a time that works for you where I can invite myself over and smash on your video games?

The money in my checking account is slowing growing and getting to the point where a completely unnecessary purchase of a DTX drumset is becoming feasible.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:16 pm

I seem to book up pretty fast lately. And when I don't have specific plans, I tend to find something to do. But you can stake a claim provided enough notice. For hot days like Saturdays, that might need to be a week or two in advance. For other days, it could be as little as 5 minutes. It's just a matter of getting in before I come up with something on my own. :) Call/text/email/PM/Facebook/tweet/whatever me...hell, send a smoke signal! We'll figure something out. Bemani is always more fun with a buddy. Bemani buddies...yeah!

BTW, I don't take checks. You need to swipe a credit card in my butt crack like a real Ho.