GuitarFreaks, DrumMania, keyboardmania

Moderator: Moderators

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Re: DrumMania

Post by Merk » Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:36 pm

Hmmm, I see!

Weekdays work better for me as well since my weekends have been booked pretty much since I moved to Indianapolis. How does Wednesday the 9th sound? I believe Chad can come along that day since he asked for the 10th and 11th off for Mr. Riot's wedding. If that's OK with you and him then it's a-ok with me, I can sacrifice some sleep if it'll help me make better use of my all-mighty dollars.

We can make a Facebook event and call it Brian's Bemani Bordello

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:05 am

Well Brian that was pretty fun! On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd give it a 9.2

It would have been a perfect 10 had Chad actually showed up and if Riot could have made it but hey, I can't complain. Drum Mania is pretty much crack to me and I am sincerely looking into getting a cabinet.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:47 pm

I'm glad you enjoyed it! Except for shipping, you might actually be able to find a cabinet cheaper than a DTX kit. :P

I'll let you know if I come across any deals. I don't know what your living arrangement is right now, but I assume you're renting. While huge, a DM cabinet should be relatively apartmentable--more so than didder, at least.

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:23 pm

Yep I'm renting now, unfortunately. If I found a deal that's relatively easy on my wallet I'd probably store the cabinet at Chad's place until I move into a first floor apartment or buy a house. If you can find a good deal let me know, I'd be very interested.

Chad is literally a music game dumping ground.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sun Jun 13, 2010 12:37 am

Merk wrote:Yep I'm renting now, unfortunately. If I found a deal that's relatively easy on my wallet I'd probably store the cabinet at Chad's place until I move into a first floor apartment or buy a house. If you can find a good deal let me know, I'd be very interested.

Chad is literally a music game dumping ground.
I'd go for Drummania. Make it happen.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:04 am

You know, there's one of mine sitting around that I'm not using and don't currently really have room for...
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Merk

Post by Merk » Mon Jun 14, 2010 8:11 am

^^^ Oh really?

Reaaaaaaaally? I'm 100% positive that Chad and I could make something happen with this cabinet. . .

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Jun 16, 2010 9:42 am

But seriously let's make something happen. I'm sitting here at work and "Right On Time" is in my head.

I guess that means my body is telling me I need to play some DM.

ImuyumI
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum
That guy in Kentucky that posts in an Indiana forum

Post by ImuyumI » Fri Jun 18, 2010 3:23 pm

Merk wrote:But seriously let's make something happen. I'm sitting here at work and "Right On Time" is in my head.

I guess that means my body is telling me I need to play some DM.
Funny, mine is doing Model DD5

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Jul 14, 2010 11:48 am

Blahhhh,

Brian / Brandon, where did you buy your DM cabinet? I usually check US / Japan Yahoo! and eBay auctions but I never, ever see a cabinet up for sale. I'd like to start pricing out a cabinet of my own but I can never find one for sale on the internet. I feel as though you just have to know someone in the Illuminati of arcade owners to find something like this.

Speaking of which, Brandon, is your DM cabinet just sitting somewhere in storage? Chad or myself can hold onto it if you'd like.......

EDIT: Here's something that I thought was pretty funny. It shows how futile it is to find a DM cabinet

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:14 pm

Merk wrote:Blahhhh,

Brian / Brandon, where did you buy your DM cabinet? I usually check US / Japan Yahoo! and eBay auctions but I never, ever see a cabinet up for sale. I'd like to start pricing out a cabinet of my own but I can never find one for sale on the internet. I feel as though you just have to know someone in the Illuminati of arcade owners to find something like this.

Speaking of which, Brandon, is your DM cabinet just sitting somewhere in storage? Chad or myself can hold onto it if you'd like.......

EDIT: Here's something that I thought was pretty funny. It shows how futile it is to find a DM cabinet

Brandon and I had a chat about it already. He can chime in, or we can talk about it tonight.

As far as finding a DM arcade cabinet, you can buy them internationally for insane amounts of cash. Otherwise my guess would be keeping an ear to the ground on sites like ebay, bemanistyle, sows, ect. Brandon, Brian, Zach, and Shane all probably have better answers.

EDIT: Add Amp to that list.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:25 pm

Thanks Chad. I'm guessing that Brandon is giving us a no-go on storing the DM cabinet, otherwise you probably would have called ASAP about it.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Wed Jul 14, 2010 12:52 pm

They do come up on eBay. That is, in fact, where at least 2 out of the 3 that Brandon has bought (of which one is now mine) came from...or at least where he found out about them. I'm not sure about the third one. It might have been listed on eBay, too...but I don't remember.

Also, there is one up there now that I've been watching for awhile:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 2291wt_868

So I would suggest that if you haven't seen them on eBay, you haven't been searching correctly.

Merk

Post by Merk » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:21 pm

Welp, I figured searching for "Drummania Cabinet" would produce a relevant result on eBay! What, pray-tell, did you search for to reach that wonderful entry, Mr. Ho?

Riot
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Riot » Wed Jul 14, 2010 2:22 pm

Merk wrote:Welp, I figured searching for "Drummania Cabinet" would produce a relevant result on eBay! What, pray-tell, did you search for to reach that wonderful entry, Mr. Ho?
Err.... "Drum Mania"