Thanks Merk for the inspiration......

Don't be a stranger (or a lurker)...introduce yourself here!

Moderator: Moderators

XeRo
Standard
Standard

Thanks Merk for the inspiration......

Post by XeRo » Mon Nov 09, 2015 8:36 am

So I'm scrolling through my FB timeline and I come across a recent photo by Merk.... Just so happens he's wearing an IndyDDR shirt, and I immediately think to myself "oh shit, been a while since I've been on there" And the rest is history, so here I am! LoL Doesn't appear many of you even frequent the old site anymore, but for those that do, what's up?

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Thanks Merk for the inspiration......

Post by Ho » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:52 am

There's about half a dozen of us that still post with some kind of regularity (at least once a week) and a few more that post maybe once a month or less. And, believe it or not, we actually do get a new user once in a while.

Welcome back. We almost never talk about DDR anymore, but this is still a friendly place to shoot the shit or whatever.

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:43 pm

I'm one of the new members. Also I'm probably the only one who still talks about rhythm games.

Gameworks upgraded the Extreme to SN1 then SN2, and then they bought a US DDRX machine in 2009. It sucked. Corporate shut it down a year later and
Tilt leased the space. They then brought in a BM 5th, and then sold it to someone soon after. The USA was sold to Chad. A Pump SD cab with NX was brought in. Then a year ago the SN2's hard drive died. Now, the X is gone, the SN2 is still broken, and we also have Exceed in a SD cab. That SN2 is now the only known public DDR machine in the area. There's at least one ITG2 dedi at Laser Flash and possibly another at Pinheads. The Laser Flash one is great. The best PIU in the area is the Infinity at Latitude 360.

tl;dr arcades are dead, play vidgams at people's homes

Amp Divorax
Heavy
Heavy
Location: Near some arcade place that has the same initials as Drum and Bass

Post by Amp Divorax » Mon Nov 09, 2015 3:34 pm

Diamondback1996 wrote:I'm one of the new members. Also I'm probably the only one who still talks about rhythm games.

Gameworks upgraded the Extreme to SN1 then SN2, and then they bought a US DDRX machine in 2009. It sucked. Corporate shut it down a year later and
Tilt leased the space. They then brought in a BM 5th, and then sold it to someone soon after. The USA was sold to Chad. A Pump SD cab with NX was brought in. Then a year ago the SN2's hard drive died. Now, the X is gone, the SN2 is still broken, and we also have Exceed in a SD cab. That SN2 is now the only known public DDR machine in the area. There's at least one ITG2 dedi at Laser Flash and possibly another at Pinheads. The Laser Flash one is great. The best PIU in the area is the Infinity at Latitude 360.

The person who bought the BM 5th was a member of this forum actually. However, this also failed to cover that we lost the D&B Pro 2 cabinet despite upgrade rumors. (I tried to buy it when I first heard of their plan to get rid of it, but they said no so I got a cabinet from elsewhere.)
Memorable 2016 quotes:
Ho wrote:You can break arcade games and I will fix YOU!

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Mon Nov 09, 2015 4:04 pm

ayyy
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:19 pm

Amp Divorax wrote:
Diamondback1996 wrote:I'm one of the new members. Also I'm probably the only one who still talks about rhythm games.

The person who bought the BM 5th was a member of this forum actually. However, this also failed to cover that we lost the D&B Pro 2 cabinet despite upgrade rumors. (I tried to buy it when I first heard of their plan to get rid of it, but they said no so I got a cabinet from elsewhere.)
Yeah, forgot about D&B. Locations in Texas are rumored to be getting DDR white cabs, so they may be rolling them out nationwide. I believe these cabs will also be produced in Japan by Konami, so there would be no Betson to fuck shit up.

GMSRocks104
Standard
Standard

Post by GMSRocks104 » Fri Aug 26, 2016 2:19 am

Heya! I try to post as often as I can! Probably once a month.. I'm still new and speaking of Texas:

I traveled to Dallas in June and went to a place called "Dallas Speedzone" and stumbled upon a DDR USA cabinet. I couldn't believe it! Very good condition and check it out if you get the chance!

Also, you gave me a idea, since a lot of members are on Facebook, is there a FB group for this community?

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:53 am

I guess there's this group here: https://www.facebook.com/groups/379624548795613/

No one has really used it though. I like to think we're one of the few remaining groups out there that actually use a dedicated phpBB message board to talk to each other instead of just defaulting to Facebook.

As long as you're not a weird pedo you can add me on FB, if you look at that group you can probably figure out who I am!

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Fri Aug 26, 2016 8:55 am

DDR USA? With its 26 songs, nobody's probably played it in years. That's probably why it's still in good shape! ;)

I think someone (it wasn't me) did start an IndyDDR Facebook group, but it never really went anywhere as far as I know. We'll keep your nostalgia safe here. We don't know what to do with that fancy new Facebook thingy. ;)