Saying Hello.

Don't be a stranger (or a lurker)...introduce yourself here!

Moderator: Moderators

Fluffyumpkins

Re: Saying Hello.

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:29 pm

Ahhh. It's tough when things change from the good ol' days.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Fri Jan 20, 2012 3:04 pm

eBash in Bloomington was like 4 minutes away from my house. I was very sad to see it go despite the fact I rarely went there.
That one Smash tourney was great and I was confused as to why more weren't held as the staff told me it was the largest event at the Bloomington eBash pulling people from out of state.

Nite423
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Nite423 » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:18 pm

Pokebis wrote:eBash in Bloomington was like 4 minutes away from my house. I was very sad to see it go despite the fact I rarely went there.
That one Smash tourney was great and I was confused as to why more weren't held as the staff told me it was the largest event at the Bloomington eBash pulling people from out of state.
That was the problem, "That ONE Smash tourney". Others were held at other locations, and even though the same rules and guidelines were followed, players wined/bitched/yelled about everything. The people that ran the tournaments finally had enough and moved on to other games.

From what I have witnessed, Smash players are extremely passionate about their game of choice....but if a few of them disagreed about something, they would not stop complaining about it. Even after weeks had passed.

Potter wrote:they stopped serving food, stopped serving alcohol, fired everyone who had any kind of sense of human relation, their pc's have been on the virge of being useless for a while (they couldn't play black ops at a decent framerate, let alone this new crop of games), blahblahblah. Moving to carmel killed them, but broadripple didn't give them much choice
I wasn't even aware that Netheads had moved. What happened there?

Fluffyumpkins wrote:As far as upgrades, there are a lot of illegitimate ways to do so that are pretty common. Since you're running extreme, the next step up would be to get newer hardware for the SuperNova series, or try something with Stepmania and a PC.
Any suggestions where to look to for the upgrade hardware to a Supernova? Or should I just cruise eBay?

Potter
Heavy
Heavy

Post by Potter » Sat Jan 21, 2012 12:38 am

3 or 4 years ago broadripple did something with their property taxes or something and they couldn't afford to be located there anymore so they moved to carmel
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:24 am

Smash Brothers has literally the worst community to ever surround a video game. They are the laughing stock of every other fighting game's playerbase and the epitome of the word "butt-hurt."

Anyway just keep Extreme in your cabinet since it's the best mix and your money can be used to fix up the pads instead. If you absolutely have to upgrade then put in a hacked together Stepmania mix or go balls out and get X2 or X3 or whatever is the latest mix. Whatever you do, don't go with Supernova.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:10 pm

I'm not disagreeing with you, but I saw the B-town branch e-Bash come and go quite quickly. I don't know the full financial situation, but I'd imagine the place would have drawn in more profit and, otherwise, perhaps even more activity and attention if there were more smash tourneys. I hate a rowdy crowd as much as the next guy, but I don't like the majority of the cawwadoody frats that frequented the place anyways. Just seemed like an odd decision from a marketing standpoint.

Also, I'm partial towards hacked cab, more songs = more fun in my mind at least.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Mon Jan 23, 2012 3:16 pm

Also, I'm partial towards hacked cab, more songs = more fun in my mind at least.
You show wisdom surpassing your age.

Nite423
Beginner
Beginner

Post by Nite423 » Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:38 pm

I think Bloomington was there almost 2 years. An opportunity came up with the clothing store next door needing more room and they decided to let them take over the remaining lease. It wasn't that great of location, it was invisible from any nearby streets and the layout/build out wasn't that great.

Ok, so Supernova=not so good then...I'll keep watch for an X2 or X3.

In the meantime...I just noticed that the machine isn't keeping its settings (unlocked songs, prices, ect) after it gets powered off for the night.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:11 pm

Your RTC battery is dead. They're rated for about 10 years, and these are all over 10 years old now, so they're all starting to go. The chip is relatively easy to acquire (I in fact keep a few of them handy), but it's not socketed, and, due to the asinine way Konami designed the PCB, is kinda hard to swap out.

Upgrading to a version on new hardware would fix this. You could also find another System 573 running Extreme, but even if it doesn't have this problem, it probably will soon unless the part has already been swapped. Despite what Merk says, Supernova 2 isn't bad at all. It's quite a bit better than original Supernova, and you can actually find upgrade kits (now and then, and be prepared to pay $ARM + $LEG). X/X2/X3 upgrade kits are essentially impossible to get in the USA, even if you're willing to try to import one.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Merk

Post by Merk » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:15 am

Supernova2 (probably) isn't that bad - that I will concede. Plain ol' Supernova however is definitely not good and should be avoided if you already have Extreme.