Saying Hello.

Don't be a stranger (or a lurker)...introduce yourself here!

Moderator: Moderators

Nite423
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:08 pm

Saying Hello.

Post by Nite423 » Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:45 pm

Hi.

Figured I'd post this to tell you a little about myself. My real name is Shawn, but I usually go by the nickname "Niterider", "Nite423" or just "Nite". I own part of a video game center in Terre Haute (eBash Video Games if you must know) and I recently began repairing/restoring an old DDR Extreme. The poor machine has really took a beating over the years. Only a few lights would come on when I tried to power it up...that was it. No sound, no picture on the monitor...nothing. After a few parts (new monitor, main boards replaced) the machine actually lives again!

But as I said, it has took a beating from its travels. I'm working on getting parts from Channelbeat to repair the busted marque, the burnt-out/missing lights, plus a complete sticker kit and a few parts for the actual stage.

Do I play DDR? Well, I can pass a few songs on easy... But we have several regulars that come to the store that are pretty good at it and since getting the machine running again I have been hugged more times then I'd like to admit. (I don't think anyone in town has any of the dance machines now.)

If you are wondering why I joined this forum, I'm not here to spam advertisements so you can relax. What I was hoping was that a few of you have a little bit of knowledge about the workings of these machines so if I ever try to upgrade to a newer version or just add some songs, someone may help point me in the right direction.

Thanks
Nite423

User avatar
Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland
Posts: 8188
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 9:33 am
Location: Bloomington / Ft. Wayne
Contact:

Re: Saying Hello.

Post by Merk » Wed Jan 18, 2012 10:37 pm

Welcome to IndyDDR!

A lot of us own machines on here so feel free to ask any question you might have about troubleshooting an issue with your cabinet.
Image

User avatar
dubukat
Standard
Standard
Posts: 35
Joined: Sun Jan 01, 2012 12:56 pm
Location: Indianapolis
Contact:

Re: Saying Hello.

Post by dubukat » Thu Jan 19, 2012 6:27 am

welcome! Yay! I'm not the new kid anymore, someone newer XD

User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut
Contact:

Re: Saying Hello.

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:19 am

Brandon, did you ever play there?
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image

User avatar
Riot
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:58 pm

Re: Saying Hello.

Post by Riot » Thu Jan 19, 2012 3:56 pm

When I worked for Ubisoft in college at IU, I held an event at the eBash that had just opened in Bloomington at the time for the release of Farcry 2. It was a pretty good time!
Image

User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut
Contact:

Re: Saying Hello.

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:18 pm

Riot wrote:When I worked for Ubisoft in college at IU, I held an event at the eBash that had just opened in Bloomington at the time for the release of Farcry 2. It was a pretty good time!
That was killer. You really put ebash on the map. I think you gave me one of those Farcry 2 bags.
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image

User avatar
Riot
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 5360
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 7:58 pm

Re: Saying Hello.

Post by Riot » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:22 pm

I... what have I done..... I... I killed it.

I played CS:S against some locals there once and they said I cheated and gave me the ol' stank eye =(
Image

User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut
Contact:

Re: Saying Hello.

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Jan 19, 2012 4:33 pm

Riot wrote:I... what have I done..... I... I killed it.

I played CS:S against some locals there once and they said I cheated and gave me the ol' stank eye =(
I used to hate on those lan/console places, but there's one here in Indy that's pretty fun.

http://www.netheads.com/

I'd love to do that summer camp. 8)

My friends and I play Killing Floor, Left4Dead2, and (I hope soon) Serious Sam 3. They're a lot of fun once you're an adult with limited time who doesn't feel like spending $800 on a new PC.
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image

Nite423
Beginner
Beginner
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 9:08 pm

Re: Saying Hello.

Post by Nite423 » Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:01 pm

Riot wrote:When I worked for Ubisoft in college at IU, I held an event at the eBash that had just opened in Bloomington at the time for the release of Farcry 2. It was a pretty good time!
Yep, I remember that. I was the guy that wrangled FC2 onto the computers and got it working for that night.

I didn't have much to do with the Bloomington eBash when it was there. At the time, I was only a small part of eBash and the main owners were the guys that opened that store up. I remember listening to them describe how the store would look: ceiling painted black, some sort of rubber-coating on the floor, walls finished with colored plastic laminate...
Needless to say I was in shock when they took me there to setup the computers for them and I got my first look at what it really looked like. Lets just say I voiced my opinions loudly. :wink:

Riot, I used to play shooters like CS all the time till Warcraft took my soul...every once in awhile I'll jump in if someone has a small LAN match running and I've been called a cheater a few times... (no, I don't cheat)


In DDR news, I finally explained to one of my employee's how to unlock the extra songs using the secret menu. I haven't been in the store since I setup the machine after getting it working (my real job has been keeping me busy with a ton of overtime) but I hear its running fine so far. Also, someone has already asked if I was going to upgrade it....

User avatar
Potter
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 4812
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:57 pm
Location: above the abyss
Contact:

Re: Saying Hello.

Post by Potter » Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:18 pm

netheads is dead
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut
Contact:

Re: Saying Hello.

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:00 am

Potter wrote:netheads is dead
How so? I was there last Friday and all the PCs were in use.
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image

User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut
Contact:

Re: Saying Hello.

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Jan 20, 2012 10:06 am

As far as upgrades, there are a lot of illegitimate ways to do so that are pretty common. Since you're running extreme, the next step up would be to get newer hardware for the SuperNova series, or try something with Stepmania and a PC.
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image

User avatar
Potter
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 4812
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:57 pm
Location: above the abyss
Contact:

Re: Saying Hello.

Post by Potter » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:14 am

they stopped serving food, stopped serving alcohol, fired everyone who had any kind of sense of human relation, their pc's have been on the virge of being useless for a while (they couldn't play black ops at a decent framerate, let alone this new crop of games), blahblahblah. Moving to carmel killed them, but broadripple didn't give them much choice
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

User avatar
Fluffyumpkins
Moderator
Moderator
Posts: 6574
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 1:53 pm
Location: Da Butt Hut
Contact:

Re: Saying Hello.

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:38 am

Potter wrote:they stopped serving food, stopped serving alcohol, fired everyone who had any kind of sense of human relation, their pc's have been on the virge of being useless for a while (they couldn't play black ops at a decent framerate, let alone this new crop of games), blahblahblah. Moving to carmel killed them, but broadripple didn't give them much choice
They sell drinks and snacks. I guess I wouldn't expect food to be served at a place like that.

The booze thing is a bunch of garbage. There is a church next door, and apparently this dumb-shit state has dumb-shit laws about serving alcohol nearby. I wonder if they'd let me bring my own drinks.

I admit I haven't checked the specs of their PCs, but they're running most MMOs, Left4Dead2, and RTS games without any issues. I'm sure they aren't top of the line, but they get the job done.

Their prices are $3 an hour, and they cap at $10 for an evening. That isn't bad for a ready to go LAN party (same price as a movie.) You can also make reservations ahead of time to ensure everyone can sit nearby one another.

I'll submit that it isn't a great place for omg serious gaming, but works well for casual PC gamers that mostly play console/arcade games and don't feel like dropping $500 or more on a new rig.
Music is a special thing because everyone is wrong on everything but it all works out in the end and we all get high as shit.
Image

User avatar
Potter
Heavy
Heavy
Posts: 4812
Joined: Wed Feb 02, 2005 6:57 pm
Location: above the abyss
Contact:

Re: Saying Hello.

Post by Potter » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:44 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:
Potter wrote:they stopped serving food, stopped serving alcohol, fired everyone who had any kind of sense of human relation, their pc's have been on the virge of being useless for a while (they couldn't play black ops at a decent framerate, let alone this new crop of games), blahblahblah. Moving to carmel killed them, but broadripple didn't give them much choice
They sell drinks and snacks. I guess I wouldn't expect food to be served at a place like that.

The booze thing is a bunch of garbage. There is a church next door, and apparently this dumb-shit state has dumb-shit laws about serving alcohol nearby. I wonder if they'd let me bring my own drinks.

I admit I haven't checked the specs of their PCs, but they're running most MMOs, Left4Dead2, and RTS games without any issues. I'm sure they aren't top of the line, but they get the job done.

Their prices are $3 an hour, and they cap at $10 for an evening. That isn't bad for a ready to go LAN party (same price as a movie.) You can also make reservations ahead of time to ensure everyone can sit nearby one another.

I'll submit that it isn't a great place for omg serious gaming, but works well for casual PC gamers that mostly play console/arcade games and don't feel like dropping $500 or more on a new rig.

....they had a liquor license for the new venue, but let it go. They've always served nice food, it's been their thing. When they moved into carmel they stopped baking it and starting microwaving shit, which was bad enough. a month or two ago they stopped serving real food altogether. I know the family that owns it pretty well and have for some time, I don't know what else to say other than they're turning into a rent-us venue and have been doing more business on the road with their racing setup than their actual location. I guess I'm just spoiled by how well managed their old location was, and sour that it's gotten pretty bad. The small group that I've been going their with the past 6 years refuses to go anymore. I guess I should just be thankful indianapolis even knows what computers are, and has anything resembling a lan center
Riot wrote:My hair alone is like 5mb.
Merk wrote:Badyyyyy.. wanna go fiiiish? wanna go.... fiiiiIIIIIIIIIIIIsh?? Wanna go fishin'?!?!?! Him's a Badyyyy

Post Reply