Moved here from Cincy

Don't be a stranger (or a lurker)...introduce yourself here!

Moderator: Moderators

dubukat
Standard
Standard

Moved here from Cincy

Post by dubukat » Sun Jan 01, 2012 1:04 pm

Hi all! I just moved to the Pendleton area from Cincinnati. My husband and I are Pump fans and were spoiled by the Cincy Dave & Busters where we had the most current version. Yesterday we went to the D&B in Castleton & were completely confused by the Pro 2 game there. We've been searching online to see if other places have Pump, but it's all confusing. I miss all my Kpop songs (not into the Banya so much) Any tips?
Also we're vegetarians and love Korean anything, tips on that would be great too! :D :D :D :D :D

Fluffyumpkins

Re: Moved here from Cincy

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Sun Jan 01, 2012 4:02 pm

dubukat wrote:Hi all! I just moved to the Pendleton area from Cincinnati. My husband and I are Pump fans and were spoiled by the Cincy Dave & Busters where we had the most current version. Yesterday we went to the D&B in Castleton & were completely confused by the Pro 2 game there. We've been searching online to see if other places have Pump, but it's all confusing. I miss all my Kpop songs (not into the Banya so much) Any tips?
Also we're vegetarians and love Korean anything, tips on that would be great too! :D :D :D :D :D
I was there last night as well, but didn't see anyone else playing. There was one guy playing on normal, but that was it. Welcome to Indy.

Diamondback1996
Standard
Standard

Post by Diamondback1996 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 4:08 pm

There's pretty much no Pump here. Hell, there's not much DDR either.

dubukat
Standard
Standard

Post by dubukat » Mon Jan 02, 2012 5:28 pm

thanks for the replies.
We found an old Exceed machine at Post Road Rec center. It's fuzzy looking, but only 50 cents a game. That's the version I learned on, so fun for a bit.

Pokebis
Standard
Standard

Post by Pokebis » Mon Jan 02, 2012 6:53 pm

We have NX at Great X Scape in Bloomington.
I'm not a pump player so I don't know how great that is compared to whatever else. Welcome to the forums, I guess.
I'm wondering what's so fascinating about Korean things, though.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:25 pm

Assuming it's still there, there's an NX at Greattimes near Beach Grove. Just be aware that it's in an old SD cabinet, so don't expect crazy good tech play out of it.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

DAVE101
ITG4LYFE
ITG4LYFE

Post by DAVE101 » Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:50 pm

If you like Cincinnati and Pump it up, you are sure to like In The Groove.

Vegetarians make up 50% of the people that pass 18s.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Jan 03, 2012 9:15 am

There are two Korean restaurants near-ish to the Dave & Busters. Both are up Allisonville Rd. from there. One is E-Miracle at Allisonville and Easy St. The other is Cafe Korea at Allisonville and 116th St. in the Kroger shopping center.

As for Pump, I have Fiesta EX. Maybe we can meetup sometime. I wouldn't mind having someone new to play with.

I just got back from Korea a couple weeks ago. I have lots of pictures and stories. And if you catch me sooner rather than later, I may still have a court cake or a Market O brownie to share.

dubukat
Standard
Standard

Post by dubukat » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:44 am

Ho wrote:There are two Korean restaurants near-ish to the Dave & Busters. Both are up Allisonville Rd. from there. One is E-Miracle at Allisonville and Easy St. The other is Cafe Korea at Allisonville and 116th St. in the Kroger shopping center.

As for Pump, I have Fiesta EX. Maybe we can meetup sometime. I wouldn't mind having someone new to play with.
you own a real machine? That is a dream of my husband and I o_O
I've been to Cafe Korea, that was day one in the city! hahah The food was good, the server was awesome. We talked about Kdramas. I saw E.Miracle, not been yet, but went to the Indian place right by it twice.

MonMotha
Site Code Monkey
Site Code Monkey

Post by MonMotha » Tue Jan 03, 2012 10:56 am

There are several people on here who own various music arcade games. It's about the only way to play them around here, sadly.

The (I suspect) owner of Cafe Korea is a character. She's really nice, and the food is awesome, though. Pretty reasonably priced, too.

E.Miracle has barbecue tables if that fits your fancy, though. They also have some Japanese food, including sushi, but their Korean dishes seem to be more their speciality.

If you're out on the east side, there's also Mama's on Pendleton Pike. I've been happy with their food, too.

If you happen to be looking for good sushi, I've had good luck with Maneki Neko on SR32 in Westfield (they moved from 146th and Meridian, so if you find anything that says they're there, be aware that it's outdated). Some people have also said that iSushi on 116th in Carmel is good, but I haven't eaten there.
A normality test:
+++ATH
If you are no longer connected to the internet, you need to apply more wax to your modem: it'll make it go faster.
If you find this funny, you're a nerd.
If neither of the above apply, you are normal. Congratulations.

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:03 am

dubukat wrote:you own a real machine? That is a dream of my husband and I o_O
Yes, ma'am. I'm a bit of a collector. *makes small finger/thumb gesture*

Private ownership of DDR and/or Pump seems almost common these days. There are at least 5 people on this forum who have one, the other, both, and/or some other music/rhythm arcade machine at home. The hardest part seems to be finding a place to put it/them.
dubukat wrote:I've been to Cafe Korea, that was day one in the city! hahah The food was good, the server was awesome. We talked about Kdramas. I saw E.Miracle, not been yet, but went to the Indian place right by it twice.
They're great! Cozy and the food is delicious. E.Miracle is larger and has BBQ tables and a sushi bar. Food quality is not quite as consistent as Cafe Korea but generally decent.

There are also two Korean restaurants (MaMa's and Bando) and a norebang (Maru Studio) down on Pendleton Pike. MaMa's is good, but I haven't been to Bando. Maru Studio is fun. We went there for the DDR-A-Thon afterparty last year. Just be aware that it is predominantly Korean music, some Japanese and Chinese, and a just enough English selections to keep you busy if, like me, you are completely illiterate in the other three. :P I mean, I've heard and enjoy a lot of those songs, but I don't know the words and definitely can't read them.

Anyway, welcome to the city. Out of curiosity, how did you find IndyDDR? We don't quite have the presence we once had since the music gaming scene here in town mostly dried up and scattered several years ago. Some of us are remain connected through other channels, but there are still a few of us die hards left here.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:13 am

If you want to make a D&B trip sometime, Wednesday nights are half price. In fact, I wouldn't mind a trip out there tomorrow if folks are interested.

Also, holy hell you're waaaaay into K-pop.

dubukat
Standard
Standard

Post by dubukat » Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:51 am

Ho wrote: Yes, ma'am. I'm a bit of a collector. *makes small finger/thumb gesture*
THAT IS BEAUTIFUL :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:
Ho wrote:Private ownership of DDR and/or Pump seems almost common these days. There are at least 5 people on this forum who have one, the other, both, and/or some other music/rhythm arcade machine at home. The hardest part seems to be finding a place to put it/them.
ah yes, my hubby and I have been in apartments and now a friend's house. Maybe if we every buy a home.
Ho wrote:... and a norebang (Maru Studio) down on Pendleton Pike. MaMa's is good, but I haven't been to Bando. Maru Studio is fun. We went there for the DDR-A-Thon afterparty last year. Just be aware that it is predominantly Korean music, some Japanese and Chinese, and a just enough English selections to keep you busy if, like me, you are completely illiterate in the other three. :P I mean, I've heard and enjoy a lot of those songs, but I don't know the words and definitely can't read them.
I want to go to Maru Studio so badly. I went to a norebang in Orlando and had trouble finding songs I know. I'd do better now I can sound out words in Hangul now. I barely know Korean, but that's really the only music I listen to.
Ho wrote:Anyway, welcome to the city. Out of curiosity, how did you find IndyDDR? We don't quite have the presence we once had since the music gaming scene here in town mostly dried up and scattered several years ago. Some of us are remain connected through other channels, but there are still a few of us die hards left here.
I found it searching google for things like "dance games Indianapolis" "pump it up dance game Indianapolis" I was thrilled even though this forum seems more into DDR, but you are actively posting and cross over to Pump. I'm more than excited to find you all!
Fluffyumpkins wrote:If you want to make a D&B trip sometime, Wednesday nights are half price. In fact, I wouldn't mind a trip out there tomorrow if folks are interested.

hahaha you must've gone to my website :lol: I will see what my hubby says. We were hauling boxes upstairs and are both sore, but it takes an awful lot for me to NOT want to play Pump. Then again, I am currently seeking employment and hubby is working... I'll letcha know

Ho
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ho » Tue Jan 03, 2012 1:10 pm

dubukat wrote:
Ho wrote:Anyway, welcome to the city. Out of curiosity, how did you find IndyDDR? We don't quite have the presence we once had since the music gaming scene here in town mostly dried up and scattered several years ago. Some of us are remain connected through other channels, but there are still a few of us die hards left here.
I found it searching google for things like "dance games Indianapolis" "pump it up dance game Indianapolis" I was thrilled even though this forum seems more into DDR, but you are actively posting and cross over to Pump. I'm more than excited to find you all!
IndyDDR dates back to 2001 when all we had in town was DDR. It expanded over time to include other rhythm/music games as we discovered them. Personally, I started on DDR way back then, but I quickly began to prefer Pump around 2005 once a machine came to town and I was able to play it regularly. Unfortunately, that machine (an Exceed2 at X-Site in Castleton) is no longer there.

dubukat
Standard
Standard

Post by dubukat » Tue Jan 03, 2012 6:25 pm

Fluffyumpkins wrote:If you want to make a D&B trip sometime, Wednesday nights are half price. In fact, I wouldn't mind a trip out there tomorrow if folks are interested.

ok if you're up to it, what time would you be up there tomorrow?