Welcome SailorFlora to indyDDR

Don't be a stranger (or a lurker)...introduce yourself here!

Moderator: Moderators

SailorFlora
Standard
Standard

Re: Welcome SailorFlora to indyDDR

Post by SailorFlora » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:34 pm

Nope, not a misandrist. IDGAF why or how. Just that I'm not.

Last edited by SailorFlora on Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Merk
Lady Banned Son of Switzerland

Post by Merk » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:35 pm

Okay, you went back and bolded the "it's no surprise that women resent or hate men" statement and then made a point that you were NOT a misandrist.

I guess I'm confused, are you disagreeing with Allan or not?

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:38 pm

SailorFlora wrote:Nope, not a misandrist. IDGAF why or how. Just that I'm not.
Fair enough! Real talk, I'm very much against labeling someone or having someone hold themselves strictly to some single moral code so I'm glad you're not a misandrist!

SailorFlora
Standard
Standard

Post by SailorFlora » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:39 pm

SailorFlora wrote:it's hardly surprising that every woman should have moments where she resents or even hates 'men'."
*"
That means that a woman isn't a misandrist just because of a moment here or there where she gets pissed at something a privileged man is doing/saying/trying to legislate. And I was agreeing with the author.

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:42 pm

What about the feminist extremists who use the word "womyn" and write off-off-off broadway plays about their periods and shit? Would you agree that they are misandrists?

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:44 pm

For the record I was pretty happy about the free birth control legislation that passed yesterday! It'll raise my insurance but seriously it's cheaper in the long run since condoms are fucking expensive especially if you bone down all day every day.

SailorFlora
Standard
Standard

Post by SailorFlora » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:55 pm

To that I'd say there's always extremes of any given group.

You referring to The Vagina Monologues? The one part that basically calls a sexual encounter with an underage girl and an adult woman as "a good rape" is infuriating, and that the rapist is also called "a rescuer from [the victim] needing men for sexual satisfaction" is disgusting as well.

SailorFlora
Standard
Standard

Post by SailorFlora » Thu Aug 02, 2012 12:58 pm

Merk wrote:For the record I was pretty happy about the free birth control legislation that passed yesterday! It'll raise my insurance but seriously it's cheaper in the long run since condoms are fucking expensive especially if you bone down all day every day.
Well, not only that, but it's also WAAAAAY cheaper than raising a child. This is for private insurance, but next year it takes effect for all insurances, if I'm not mistaken. (This can cover any FDA-approved BC, which inculdes IUDs, implants, and possibly sterilization. If so,, i'm extremely excited for the last one. Now I need to get insured.)

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:02 pm

I do not understand your fascination with sterilization but as long as you don't try to push for mandatory sterilization then I won't call you crazy?

I have never heard or read The Vagina Monolouges.

SailorFlora
Standard
Standard

Post by SailorFlora » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:08 pm

It's because I have the forgone conclusion that I have some useless organs and want to do away with them permanently.

Mandatory sterilization is okay in theory, but would be impossible to implement. Personally, I'd just want to start with taking away the government incentive to reproduce. Fat chance that is.

Oh, and as for TVM? Don't. You're not missing anything.

Fluffyumpkins

Post by Fluffyumpkins » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:10 pm

SailorFlora wrote:Personally, I'd just want to start with taking away the government incentive to reproduce. Fat chance that is.
This. Babby != meal ticket.

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:15 pm

Whoa whoa whoa holy shit how is mandatory sterilization okay in theory? What fucking batshit crazy person actually thinks this? I know you read a shit ton of op eds and articles on the subject, I legit want to read someone's argument on this.

What is TVM?

Edit: oops, never mind TVM = The Giner Monologues

SailorFlora
Standard
Standard

Post by SailorFlora » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:24 pm

Merk wrote:Whoa whoa whoa holy shit how is mandatory sterilization okay in theory? What fucking batshit crazy person actually thinks this? I know you read a shit ton of op eds and articles on the subject, I legit want to read someone's argument on this.

What is TVM?

Edit: oops, never mind TVM = The Giner Monologues
I goofed again! I meant a sterilization program where people can get fixed and if they are stupid enough to change their mind, it's 100% reversible and safe. And maybe use this in junction with a kind of parenting license. I mean, we have to have licenses to "own" some dangerous animals, guns, vehicles because these can all seriously injure or kill someone. Yet, having a kid, which negates ANY sort of Go Green thing you implement because the carbon footprint of giving birth in a country like this is too big to ever reverse, is not restricted when it affects the whole damn planet.

!!!!! ME NO BATSHIT CRASSY PERSON!!!!
Last edited by SailorFlora on Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Merk

Post by Merk » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:28 pm

Can't you already get your Giner tied and your balls cut though?

SailorFlora
Standard
Standard

Post by SailorFlora » Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:34 pm

Not without considerable cost at least for tubals. Vasectomies are relatively simpler, both literally and in a societal sense. Surgeries involving female bits are more risky, complicated, and expensive because it's going into a body cavity.

Not to mention that some doctors place on women this arbitrary age of 30 before they'll believe the woman really doesn't want kids, when they have zero objections with woman wanting to have kids at any time before that. Pregnancy is far, far riskier than any preventative procedure because women still DIE from childbirth and other pregnancy related diseases/fetal issues.

Hopefully, the new health mandate will change all that. Because SOME politicians get that preventative measures will always cost less than pregnancy, childbirth, and raising the darn thing.

ETA because I don't proofread enough before I submit.